How to connect with family.

psyche

To each their own
So like I have a paternal half-sister who like kinda exist but I have never interacted with her and haven't seen her face in ages.

It's honestly pretty embarrassing that my sister lives in the same city as me yet I have zero contacts with her.

I feel like the lack of interaction between her family and mine is probably due to the parents not getting along.

So what's the best way to connect with her

i feel this with my dad's side of the family and it's so awkward
don't blame yourself for this because you have to remember that she didn't contact you either and it takes two to interact
the best way to address this to contact her and plan a face-to-face meeting
i think maybe you should meet up for some coffee or something like that, something very casual and chill, and have a nice conversation

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
So like I have a paternal half-sister who like kinda exist but I have never interacted with her and haven't seen her face in ages.

It's honestly pretty embarrassing that my sister lives in the same city as me yet I have zero contacts with her.

I feel like the lack of interaction between her family and mine is probably due to the parents not getting along.

Well firstly...do a thorough research. is she a wadaad? Then she probably could sniff your gayness, which can turn into an unnecessary disaster. Now, nothing wrong with being wadaad, i consider myself some sort of wadaad, except i am not judgmental,.

Secondly, why do u feel compelled to reconnect with her when your own family do not. What is going on Whim? Did your real family disown u?

Third but lastly-- Fk all of them. Don't u know Somali spot is yo family??? nigggaaa we aint going no where!

Gedogyal

good cop
I can relate to this on a personal level. What I would advise you is to first reflect on yourself:

What do you want to gain from this? For you guys to become close siblings or just connect on a level where you can just greet each other, without any awkwardness? I think it's good to at least have thought about this beforehand.

For the get to know each other part, I'd say start slowly. How often do you guys see each other? If you do see her, start with eye contact/smile a little. Look after signals and don't worry if she seems a bit off, she may just be shocked. As @sambuusi suggested, contact her if it's not too unbearable for you.

Find her socials and add her.Ask her how she is and how the family is.Call her from time to time, tell her that you're siblings and that its best if you maintain a relationship irrespective of how ur family feels.

Cold call. They'd be happy to hear from you. Someone needs to take the first step.

It's not difficult, speaking once can reconnect you.

Samaalic Era

QurboExit
Well firstly...do a thorough research. is she a wadaad? Then she probably could sniff your gayness, which can turn into an unnecessary disaster. Now, nothing wrong with being wadaad, i consider myself some sort of wadaad, except i am not judgmental,.

Secondly, why do u feel compelled to reconnect with her when your own family do not. What is going on Whim? Did your real family disown u?

Third but lastly-- Fk all of them. Don't u know Somali spot is yo family??? nigggaaa we aint going no where!
Classic @Basra :mjlol:

Shes probably avoiding you since ur gay la ilaha:susp:
This nigga gay?
1585675209843.png