How times have changed, the cultural eating etiquette's of our Xalimo's

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recall a decade ago when our xaalimo's in school/college whether it's on dates or not would order salads/soups in public places (more so on dates) taking a lot of time to finish that small dish while expressing a great deal of modesty & shame in doing so.

That natural shame and modesty was covered through telegraphing, while you take a bite of that lamb, she would sip that soup, the dish she would order was the most healthy option then, it was also much smaller in comparison.

It was ceeb for her to be seen eating at a fast food place or even taking an order, whenever one was spotted, she would say it's a take away "for her brothers", as a result you rarely saw a fat one, they were all slim with many dimes.

Fast forward today, the opposite is the case, every cheap third rate fast food place I walk past is filled with our Xaalimo's with mayonnaise/ketchup all over their mouths, her cheeks stuffed like they are about to explode, yet she somehow manages to talk loud and laugh despite all of this bila xishood.

Waliba waxaa kaga daran they take the front row window seats on busy roads were everyone else can see this shame unfold, seats which everyone else avoids.

They order the same food or in most cases a larger portion then the guy they are on a date with, you would even hear them joke publicly that they have a bigger "appetite" then their man (imaanka laga qaad)

This shameless attitude has also found itself on YouTube were they now shamelessly eat in front of the whole world.

CCNP(Route).PNG

CCNP(Route).PNG

upload_2017-12-27_9-27-2-png.36307

Last edited:

Jake from State Farm

We pro xalimo all 2019
I recall a decade ago when our xaalimo's in school/college whether it's on dates or not would order salads/soups in public places (more so on dates) taking a lot of time to finish that small dish while expressing a great deal of modesty & shame in doing so.

That natural shame and modesty was covered through telegraphing, while you take a bite of that lamb, she would sip that soup, the dish she would order was the most healthy option then, it was also much smaller in comparison.

It was ceeb for her to be seen eating at a fast food place or even taking an order, whenever one was spotted, she would say it's a take away "for her brothers", as a result you rarely saw a fat one, they were all slim with many dimes.

Fast forward today, the opposite is the case, every cheap third rate fast food place I walk past is filled with our Xaalimo's with mayonnaise/ketchup all over their mouths, her cheeks stuffed like they are about to explode, yet she somehow manages to talk loud and laugh despite all of this bila xishood.

Waliba waxaa kaga daran they take the front row window seats on busy roads were everyone else can see this shame unfold, seats which everyone else avoids.

They order the same food or in most cases a larger portion then the guy they are on a date with, you would even hear them joke publicly that they have a bigger "appetite" then their man (imaanka laga qaad)

This shameless attitude has also found itself on YouTube were they now shamelessly eat in front of the whole world.

View attachment 36535

View attachment 36536

upload_2017-12-27_9-27-2-png.36307
My nigga.....its just food. Is there a certain diet that Somali women actually have to follow or something.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
My nigga.....its just food. Is there a certain diet that Somali women actually have to follow or something.

:gucciwhat: Yes; or else they won't be supermodel thin. It was the standard of beauty to be skinny especially for an unmarried female. The obesity fetish, is a post-civil war phenomenon, which has worsened with the Standard Western diet and body positive rhethoric that celebrates overconsumption of empty calories.

If we do not begin a collective process to publicly shame them every time we see this on all their videos and even in public, the situation will get worse and worse until it reaches a point of no return.

Women are the most susceptible group to follow "trends" and the most sensitive & receptive to "shame" especially as it relates to image/looks when this is expressed by handful of males especially those from the same race

By ignoring this disgusting wicked shame that is unfolding in front of our eyes you basically consent to what is happening, they will never change and have no reason to change, why should they change when they get 1000 comments about how beautiful they look in their shameful mouthful hippo state?

It got to a shameful point now that even the healthy/slim body conscious Xaalimo (looking after your body is sunnah) is getting insecure and wants to become a hippo, that's how bad the situation is currently.

In my ayeeyo's day, tea was not consumed by women and waists snapped back after child birth to under 23 inches. :wtf:

They were even more health/body conscious back in your ayeeyo days, but we don't have to go that far back, the difference only a decade alone made is astonishing.

A decade ago the majority of the single women were slim/healthy but the issue was that they got fat once they married, today however they are fat and obese while unmarried, you can no longer even tell whether she is married/unmarried or pregnant, it's an absolute tragedy and I blame these qashin bakhti males for this, those who encourage it and those that are silent.

Jake from State Farm

We pro xalimo all 2019
A majority of Somali women I have met and seen aren't big at all. a lot of somalis I know have a high metabolism so it's hard to gain weight for them. Idk where u be at but I rarely see fat somalis. A majority are just skinny people.

Aslong as your healthy that's all that matters.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
If we do not begin a collective process to publicly shame them every time we see this on all their videos and even in public, the situation will get worse and worse until it reaches a point of no return.

Women are the most susceptible group to follow "trends" and the most sensitive & receptive to "shame" especially as it relates to image/looks when this is expressed by handful of males especially those from the same race

By ignoring this disgusting wicked shame that is unfolding in front of our eyes you basically consent to what is happening, they will never change and have no reason to change, why should they change when they get 1000 comments about how beautiful they look in their shameful mouthful hippo state?

It got to a shameful point now that even the healthy/slim body conscious Xaalimo (looking after your body is sunnah) is getting insecure and wants to become a hippo, that's how bad the situation is currently.

They were even more health/body conscious back in your ayeeyo days, but we don't have to go that far back, the difference only a decade alone made is astonishing.

A decade ago the majority of the single women were slim/healthy but the issue was that they got fat once they married, today however they are fat and obese while unmarried, you can no longer even tell whether she is married/unmarried or pregnant, it's an absolute tragedy and I blame these qashin bakhti males for this, those who encourage it and those that are silent.

I've noticed a lot of the brothers are encouraging pre-marriage fattening. I'm all for self-compassion despite size, but there are health implications from excess weight. Similarly, yo-yo dieting can contribute to the development of chronic disease and early onset menopause. It's best to remain a stable weight during your late teens and early 30s (aka a woman's prime childbearing years).

simulacrum

Neo-Darwinist
A slender xalimo in her 20s is extremely rare. Inquisitive is onto something. I wonder if shaming them, like how skinny faraxs are being shamed right now, would reverse this trend. Somalis ought to exploit their blessed fast metabolism.

dr.leorio

death\emitter
The diaspora is in shambles and I don't expect them to change because Xalimos follow the wayward trends of society to tee. You can try shaming them to eventually change but when most young Faraxs and Xalimos wants to identify as Black(Afrikan American) and not Somali then your attempts will be futile. These people have a serious identity crisis.

RasCanjero-

Self imposed exile
It's just as rare to see a skinny middle age Xalimo as it is to find a fat middle age Farax.

It actually makes sense if you look back at how we used to live.

If it's within our blood then it would be extra hard to change.

somali men must be the most indho adayg people in the world.

these meerkat looking niggas with the faces of barkhad abdi and the physique of stick figure-men think they can criticize anyone for how they look.

either you guys are so stupid the irony is lost on you, or you have never looked in a mirror.:gucciwhat:

this guy is without a doubt insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.