How somalis are perceived by each foreign group

Som

VIP
In my experience westerners have either neutral or negative view of somalis
But African and Middle eastern countries love us, i only receive positive reactions when I say I'm Somali. I've had a Bengali guy saying he loves somalis because they know the Quran very well, Egyptian dude saying somalis are the most honest loyal people he met, Sudanese Arabs saying we are brothers (they thought i was sudanese Arab too) , Turkish who lived in Dubai guy saying somalis are talented business people, Nigerian dude saying somalis are tough people, Palestinian guy saying we are more supportive of them than actual Arabs.
Overall great experience, some people on Sspot act like being Somali is something to hide but I only received compliments and positive interactions

El Nino

Cabsi cabsi
VIP
Wr shouldn’t care how people view us but its definitely good to be known as people with positive stereotypes. Somalis for the most part act well and are good with ajanabis. Most ajanabis who are around us always have good things to say about us.

We only need to tame our internet antics and we are good to go. Most of us have edeb but deranged freaks are ruining it for us.

Wr shouldn’t care how people view us but its definitely good to be known as people with positive stereotypes. Somalis for the most part act well and are good with ajanabis. Most ajanabis who are around us always have good things to say about us.

We only need to tame our internet antics and we are good to go. Most of us have edeb but deranged freaks are ruining it for us.
Somali trolls created a lot of damage 2019-2021 was when they were at their peak they seem to be dying down now though thankfully

Thalassocracy

سبحان اللهِ وبحمدِه Free Palestine
Whats it with somalis and caring about what people think about us. Very cringe and weak
Reality is people are social and to get a accurate understanding of yourself, your strengths and weaknesses you need insight from your neighbors and people around you

zackattack

Cowabunga
But African and Middle eastern countries love us, i only receive positive reactions when I say I'm Somali. I've had a Bengali guy saying he loves somalis because they know the Quran very well, Egyptian dude saying somalis are the most honest loyal people he met, Sudanese Arabs saying we are brothers (they thought i was sudanese Arab too) , Turkish who lived in Dubai guy saying somalis are talented business people, Nigerian dude saying somalis are tough people, Palestinian guy saying we are more supportive of them than actual Arabs.
Overall great experience, some people on Sspot act like being Somali is something to hide but I only received compliments and positive interactions

Are you a female if so WELL I HATE TO BREAK IT TO YOU THEY WANT YOUR MALAB

They will say anything to get you in bed

You better believe that that's fake bro. If all those people you mentioned above really loved us they wouldn't watch our country get to what it has been for 30yrs.
We are muslim and Africans, and plus we don't blend in with other Africans, so our Islam and African identity are immediately observable through our appearance.
But there are signs that the Almighty loves us. Alhamdullilah we are a people who rely on God no matter what. We are so humble to God when we supplicate to him, and only humble to him.

Thalassocracy

سبحان اللهِ وبحمدِه Free Palestine
I was in a chicken shop today and a young Turkish man with his family came up to me and asked me if I was Somali, I said salaam and had a small conversation

Muslims are genuinely brothers we should mix and show love to each other even it’s simple salaam and smile

99% of people DONT know Somalis outside of movies.

Literally the only place where people know somalis are cities where they have a big population so Toronto, London, Minnsota etc.

we are literally only an million population diaspora spread across Canada, the USA and the EU and UK.

You guys always blow out of proportion how big we are.

Literally the only place where people know somalis are cities where they have a big population so Toronto, London, Minnsota etc.

we are literally only an million population diaspora spread across Canada, the USA and the EU and UK.

Social media especially Twitter and TikTok has made them they there more important then they are

Som

VIP

That's true. Most of the people that i mentioned are people who new a few somalis in their home country or met the in Europe. So those who had personal interaction with somalis said only good stuff about us

Som

VIP
You better believe that that's fake bro. If all those people you mentioned above really loved us they wouldn't watch our country get to what it has been for 30yrs.
We are muslim and Africans, and plus we don't blend in with other Africans, so our Islam and African identity are immediately observable through our appearance.
But there are signs that the Almighty loves us. Alhamdullilah we are a people who rely on God no matter what. We are so humble to God when we supplicate to him, and only humble to him.
I speaking about individuals not governments. A random Egyptian dude can't do shit about Somalia's condition , he can't even do shit about Egypt that's why they left their country to get to the west

Trending

Latest posts