How Somali do you look?

On a scale of 1 to 10, how Somali do you look?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It basically means that you smell of suugo and nacaalad

LOOOL, nice try. I'll give you an A for effort on that rudimentary comeback though! :russ::russ: #staypressed

Anyways, I was thinking along the lines of the fact that Somali girls carry themselves a certain way. You know, that je ne sais quoi. Regal, sophisticated, magestic.

:hillarybiz:

I used to get Indian a lot when I was younger, but I look pretty Sudanese more than anything and a lot of them look very, very similar. Somali's would know I am Somali though.

Jiron

wanaag
NABADOON
VIP
What's the criteria for Somali look?

From my observation, we come in all shapes, sizes and skin complexion. So I don't believe there's a certain look that the Somali people own. Let us accept each other regardless of features :)

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
I've only ever gotten Somali. Never mistaken for other Africans with the exception of Horners. I think Somalis have softer facial contours than Ethiopians, which have slightly more angular faces, relative to us.

@AbdiJew, there is more diversity in look within an ethnicity, than between ethnicities, but their has to be a consensus on what a "Somali looks like", or else we'd walk by each other without a second glance (not in avoidance), but in terms of recognition.

So you're telling us, gaalo ask abt your qabil? :ulyin:
Yaab badanaa. Where'r u from?? Toronto? What do they say when you tell them? :drakelaugh:

Toronto is broad sxb, you have to analyze things at a more micro level :mjpls:

Abaayo weligaa gaalada runta ha u sheegin, who knows one day they might appear at your gobol and get through the verification process by claiming a Somali father and using the Abtirsi that you told them :manny:

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
Unmistakably Somali

Although anytime I venture a few miles outside of Central Ohio into hick country they seem to think Muslim is a race or you get asked if you're from India bizarrely enough.

Vanessa

Support interracial love 💕
VIP
Why would they mistake u for malay? Do you smell like kaluun?

Yeah I look pretty Somali , Jilec Hair , Regular Build , meh
Majority of Aussies love to visit Indonesia, Malaysia etc. They say I look like them because hijab and small eyes.

What's the criteria for Somali look?

From my observation, we come in all shapes, sizes and skin complexion. So I don't believe there's a certain look that the Somali people own. Let us accept each other regardless of features :)

You sound like those Caucasian folks who say " I don't want to be racist , but I saw a black man ". You are allowed to have an opinion , fellow .

Indeed, Somalis come in a range of phenotypes because Africa actually has the most diverse phenotypes of any continent .

That said , having being generally genetically, geographically and culturally isolate from
Arabs and other Neighbouring African people for several thousand years , there does exist a generic " Somali look ". 8/10 times , people from other ethnicities can tell if a person is Somali . We don't even look like most Amharas and Tigray . Heck, even the Reer Xamar look different to most regular Somalis . The only groups Somalis can really be confused with are some of our Cushitic cousins , the Saho , the Afar and some of the Eastern Oromo.

RICH

The Qadr of Allaah ta’aala is always in our favor.
All the qashin neighbourhoods in Holland are full of Surinamese/Moroccans/Turks or Somalis so I'm not suprised with what people mistake you for :icon lol:

Gtfoh :gaasdrink:

Anyways I moved from the miy (white village) to the big city and unfortunately those qashin neighbourhoods you’re talking about are indeed full of Surinamese/Moroccans/Turks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts