How old is too old to live with family?

I know traditionally people live at home until marriage but ever since I graduated uni a lot of the Somali people I knew moved cities and out of their parents crib. I kinda feel behind ngl i want my own apartment :mjcry:

Apollo

VIP
I know traditionally people live at home until marriage but ever since I graduated uni a lot of the Somali people I knew moved cities and out of their parents crib. I kinda feel behind ngl i want my own apartment :mjcry:

Living on your own is overrated.

Be happy you can save a ton of money by not having to pay for rent, property/municipal taxes, and other expenses to keep up a house/apartment (furniture, DIY repairs etc.).

Living on your own is overrated.

Be happy you can save a ton of money by not having to pay for rent, property/council taxes, and other expenses to keep up a house/apartment (furniture, DIY repairs etc.).
I pay part of the rent to my parents though :mjcry: Not as much as if I was on my own but still

Apollo

VIP
I pay part of the rent to my parents though :mjcry: Not as much as if I was on my own but still

It is still much cheaper than truly having to pay for rent.

If I were you I would stay with your parents. Don't let the Western culture of moving out as soon as possible get to you.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP

huuno u will live with your parents until u r married or burry them. No moving out. Pray Salat and pray to have a good husband

Last edited:
I'd gladly live in a multigenerational household like Indians do if we had space to accommodate for 3/4 children. Don't move out unless you have to for work/career reasons.

Being "independent" and leaving the family home is a cadaan trick wallahi. The vast majority of people would be much happier living with their relatives, but they move out and "fly the nest" to avoid the societal shaming. You literally become a permenent rent-serf who's more isolated and atomized than ever whilst simultaneously saving very little money, if any at all.

If you have a good relationship with your parents & they aren't toxic or abusive then don't move out .
Its cheaper, you arent alone ,you can save money for your future etc.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
I lived by myself for university and a bit extra but I’m planning on moving back home.

So much less hassle lol but my independence and privacy is out of the window.

Probably will stay with them until I can save up for a house deposit.

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
I lived by myself for university and a bit extra but I’m planning on moving back home.

So much less hassle lol but my independence and privacy is out of the window.

Probably will stay with them until I can save up for a house deposit.

You are going to live ina house ALL by your lonesome self?

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
No, I never actually lived by myself.

I spent time at residential college and then I got an apartment with some friends.

When u put a house deposit-- and move into the house, then what?

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Maybe, I’ll rent the other rooms out and make a profit or get married.

:manny:

1639757933403.png

Trending

Latest posts