How often do you see him/her before marriage?

I wonder how often somali couples see each other before marriage.
It depends on their religiosity levels tbh. Some date for years and then end up married, because they've invested alot into the relationship and marriage is the next step (their rationale).

Some marry quickly after meeting. It really comes down to the couple. I'd say that as a woman, its very important to have high self-respect. Don't saqajaan yourself for these men, and don't do anything you don't wanna do. I.e go back to his place or stay out past 1am with him.

It depends on how serious the couples are. For me I think honest serious talking for about a 1 year- 1.5 year is good enough to make a decision.

Both partners need to vet the other for at the very least 3-5 years, this will help truly flesh out the character and compatibility of the other.

IMO marriage (except religious ones) should be thrown away it is simply an ancient social and legal contract that no longer serves any real purpose.

Santiago

Adeer macaane ii waran
I meant how often do you meet the person face to face during the dating period before marriage? Once a month? Once a week? Everyday?

SOULSEARCHING

Hakuna matata
VIP
I meant how often do you meet the person face to face during the dating period before marriage? Once a month? Once a week? Everyday?
In Islamic terms I think a month is enough. When you also meet you need to be in a open space or with a mahram. Never alone together as the 3rd person is Satan.

Molotoff

Supreme Bosniak Geeljire
VIP
This is how you should court your betrothed before marriage:

asikovanje.jpg

Santiago

Adeer macaane ii waran
you dont need to see each other much, Max 3 times?
it should not take much longer than 3/4 months before making a choice either
3 times? Thats insane

This bakhi Halimo wants to see once in 2 weeks and i already lost interest in her

Trending

Latest posts