How my depression began

SOULSEARCHING

Hakuna matata
VIP
It was 2008, it was school break.

I walked into my big brother's room early in morning to get my book.

I noticed a white paper one top of his bed, I flipped it around and it was his sucidal note, I couldn't breathe, my mind went into shock mode. I was trying to digest what was written, it started with "Sorry Hoyo and abo and my dear siblings" and it went on, he spoke about all our strengths he saw in us, and told us to keep going, he spoke about his early memories that he loved, my eyes started pouring out.

Since that day I have suffered from PSTD and depression and anxiety.

Anyone have a similar story?

AhmedSmelly

I am an offical nacas. too honest
I knew it, "LOVE" is overrated. I am happy that I grew up with toughness in my family. There was no love or sweet words.

I was told from a young age, "This is a cold world, get accustomed to it or die"

I am here Alhamdullilah and I have never been depressed in my 26 years in this life. I dont sweet talk others and I don't except others to sweet talk me.

This depression culture comes from families with love in their center and focus. Anything extreme can be bad, even love. Harsh environments creates strong and able people. Your brother needed sandals and belts as presents, not hugs and kisses. Dysfunctional families creates strong children.

CaliTedesse

I ❤️ Islam & Aabo Kush. Anti-BBB Anti-Inbred
VIP
I knew it, "LOVE" is overrated. I am happy that I grew up with toughness in my family. There was no love or sweet words.

I was told from a young age, "This is a cold world, get accustomed to it or die"

I am here Alhamdullilah and I have never been depressed in my 26 years in this life. I dont sweet talk others and I don't except others to sweet talk me.

This depression culture comes from families with love in their center and focus. Anything extreme can be bad, even love. Harsh environments creates strong and able people. Your brother needed sandals and belts as presents, not hugs and kisses. Dysfunctional families creates strong children.
Depression is also mostly likely to happen to atheists/agnosts and people under possession.

AhmedSmelly

I am an offical nacas. too honest
Depression is also mostly likely to happen to atheists/agnosts and people under possession.
I feel bad for @SOULSEARCHING his/her brother was possessed. Mental illness can be a tho. I remember taking legal hardcore drugs and I literally felt my consciousness crumbling apart. I lost a part of myself for every day that went. My mind was drifting apart, couldn't control it anymore. My mind wasnt my own, my thoughts weren't in control. THATS WHEN I KNEW I F**KED UP.

Thats the day, I stopped taking opiods for my car injuries.

CaliTedesse

I ❤️ Islam & Aabo Kush. Anti-BBB Anti-Inbred
VIP
I feel bad for @SOULSEARCHING his/her brother was possessed. Mental illness can be a tho. I remember taking legal hardcore drugs and I literally felt my consciousness crumbling apart. I lost a part of myself for every day that went. My mind was drifting apart, couldn't control it anymore. My mind wasnt my own, my thoughts weren't in control. THATS WHEN I KNEW I F**KED UP.

Thats the day, I stopped taking opiods for my car injuries.
Good that you did bro mashallah to you I am proud of you not many can stop with that stuff.

Thats exactly what i used to say till i got depression and anxiety.

I grew up in a tough environment very strong mentality but trust me depression is something out of your control.

Just say Alhamdulila you don't have it.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
No, I notified the family.

He was put in mental health care.

Sweety your depression is not because of the trauma u faced. I think it is a mental illness in your family DNA. If your brother is suicidal, and you, we know here in Somalispot every day as less than normal, then the mental illness runs in the family. Its okey. Lots of Somali families have mental illness, at least you guys know. Most walk around not knowing. Like @Grigori Rasputin @Yukon_Niner etc etc

SOULSEARCHING

Hakuna matata
VIP

My brother did get beaten when he was young and there's no such thing as affection in my family. You don't hear the word love.

Lmao u sound dumb asf just say your parents ain’t hug you when were you a kid and go.

Depression is real. People use to hide it back in the day now it is shared more openly which is good.

SOULSEARCHING

Hakuna matata
VIP
Sxb most of time it's possession but people are not aware of it, especially in the Western world, but more severe one is mental. Lakin elaborate.

Yes, I think he could be possessed.

He's extremely paranoid, wakes up middle of the night screaming and running out the door with red eyes.
You could hear him screaming when he's sleeping saying his shahada.
He won't share anything about himself like , What did you do today? Talking to him is like talking to a wall.

It was 2008, it was school break.

I walked into my big brother's room early in morning to get my book.

I noticed a white paper one top of his bed, I flipped it around and it was his sucidal note, I couldn't breathe, my mind went into shock mode. I was trying to digest what was written, it started with "Sorry Hoyo and abo and my dear siblings" and it went on, he spoke about all our strengths he saw in us, and told us to keep going, he spoke about his early memories that he loved, my eyes started pouring out.

Since that day I have suffered from PSTD and depression and anxiety.

Anyone have a similar story?

firstly im soo soo sorry for the things youve experienced and are experiencing , your entittled to your feeling but i really do hope your getting the help you need

for me , it was more trauma of what people did to me , family members saying foul things to me made me feel like i was what they were saying
and many other things

so im gettin help... slowly getting my life back... but i learnt when u get a emotion , feel it and release it .. dont bottle it up.. have a book of affirmations ... again speak to a therapist!

For anybody reading this listen to me.

Get out, exercise and live life. Do not live in the "online" world and burn the bad bits from your past and forget. Simply improve your life at your own pace.

Depression is a bitc* but I believe we Somalis can beat it if we stay focused and not give in; it will pass and leave you if you never give up.

Trending

Latest posts