How much % of the elites in Somalia got their position by accident

My analysis of more than 100 people who are very influential in Somali society became an elite member of the society by accident, not through family history or their hard work.
Compare Maslax Siad Barre or even Hussein Ceydiid with all majority of politicians in the Somali republic on Siilaanyo had a good track record in the political arena.
The Sheikhs are the same only Sheikh Mustafa and Sheikh Ali Suufi can be considered they earned their position.
One thing have these 2 in common they don't press judgements like all the other attention seeking Sheikhs who wants to stay relevant because that's the only way they can keep their importancy.
Business folks are even worse the moment they smell a competition they'll hire Alshabaab in the south or use their government connection in Puntland and somaliland.

all positions in somalia are mostly on a clan basis. Hell i was offered an rejected a book keeping position to a deputy-minister (JL) (800/month). And after that a friend of mine was given a position in kismayo port authority by his uncle. Mind you this friend we knew each other in nairobi islii dugsi was nothing but an ciyaal suuq and later on khat addict but he got it simply because of family and clan... everywhere it is the same sxb only way is al shabaab taking over as it trancends clan and is tied to nation (though a corrupted evil one) or another syl like organisation that is hostile to clan and has massive influence. this organisation needs atleast some of the wealthy oligarchs and a firm control of a few key industries in somalia for it to be successful. You dont need many members as it can become inflated and corrupt.. you need just highly educated and patriotic men and women forming a well funded organisation based on merit.. however i know this is idealistic and will take many decades if somalia exists that long.

Last edited:
and the money these ministers and mps make in a country as poor as somalia will drive you mad and im not talking about banadir admin only look at every region in the country and how much they make vs how much they give back