How much money do you have saved?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotMyL

"You are your best thing"
VIP
How many of you actually have decent savings? I'm talking about the adults here, not you students. You have time, unless you are one of those Somalis that are in their mid 20s and still doing their undergrad lol

By the age of 25; you should have at least 20k in your savings. Was discussing this with my coworkers and sadly I'm way behind, I mean mostly it's not my fault, I can't do Roth IRA, I have to help out my family, send money every month etc

These gaalo don't know how good they have :mjcry:

mrlog

VIP
How many of you actually have decent savings? I'm talking about the adults here, not you students. You have time, unless you are one of those Somalis that are in their mid 20s and still doing their undergrad lol

By the age of 25; you should have at least 20k in your savings. Was discussing this with my coworkers and sadly I'm way behind, I mean mostly it's not my fault, I can't do Roth IRA, I have to help out my family, send money every month etc

sxb hana hasuusin.

:jcoleno:

Every couple months I get hurdo la'aan when I check my savings.
Naag la'aan + Lacag la'aan

Not that hard to save money if you are smart on your spending.

The one thing I watch out for is interest since it has heavy repercussions in the dunya and akhirah, pretty tough since it is almost squeezed into every single channel of options.

But yeah it's pretty annoying when people call you from Somalia asking for lacaag :dabcasar:

20k saving by the age of 25 is a bit of a stretch to be honest. Most people are done with their undergrads by 23 and depends when you land a job and how much it pays. Definitely not a general guideline to follow that's for sure.

Last edited:

NotMyL

VIP
sxb hana hasuusin.

Every couple months I get hurdo la'aan when I check my savings.
Naag la'aan + Lacag la'aan
Lol you better start saving, there is no naag in your future if you don't have lacag. Even working women like myself still expect the guy to pay everything:ehh:

mrlog

VIP
Currently saving money for a condo apartment. Hopefully I'll have enough by the end of the year :deargod:

Adeer if being hopeful was all that's required I'd own a villa in south beach MI.
Can u elaborate on ur saving techniques?
Don't u have relatives in Burco who always come up with ways to get u to send lacag monthly?
Have u got a white collar job or do u have a side hustle?

mrlog

VIP
Lol you better start saving, there is no naag in your future if you don't have lacag. Even working women like myself still expect the guy to pay everything:ehh:

Thanks.
I'm sure tonight I will toss and turn Sodon jeedh thinking bout this.
Bal give us guys a ball-park figure on how much is required ?
:cosbyhmm:

Adeer if being hopeful was all that's required I'd own a villa in south beach MI.
Can u elaborate on ur saving techniques?
Don't u have relatives in Burco who always come up with ways to get u to send lacag monthly?
Have u got a white collar job or do u have a side hustle?
My saving technique is to starve until I reach my goal and spend it all. It's how I paid off my student loans and bought my car :drakekidding:

I send money to my ayeeyo every month. Everyone else is doing well for themselves back home :salute:

Yes, I have a white collar job and doing some contracting work:wow:

Damn you got a job right out after you graduated? :ohhh:

All my civEng friends are unemployed and pushing towards PhD
I was lucky enough to get a summer internship and it turned into a full time position. But it's true civEngs are struggling here :kanyehmm:

An Engineering PhD without work experience is useless imo

HuunoHunter

Old Head 👴🏿

I am currently 24 and I have about half of that in savings excluding the rest which I use for business.

Bohol

VIP
I have saved then bought land in Hargeisa as a investment. I am glad to report that investment is growing fast in just few years.As the saying goes money makes money.:gaasdrink:

Arma

GRAND Wizard of MJ SIXIIR
VIP
Alhamdulillah, my father instilled in me a strong work ethic. Got my first job at 13, delivering leaflets around my town. Never been unemployed, even in my uni days, Alhamdulillah, doing shitty low wage agency work. Dropt out at the start of my third year, my heart wasn't in it.

Today, I've got a wonderful, well paying job with a sailing canoe manufacturer, that i love, and £33000 for a rainy day.

Last edited:

NotMyL

VIP
I have saved then bought land in Hargeisa as a investment. I am glad to report that investment is growing fast in just few years.As the saying goes money makes money.:gaasdrink:
What type of land? Like house or we talking vacant land?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending