How much does the environment shape our behavior and how we act?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A primary issue to be faced by the student of human urban behaviour is that of determinism. There is disagreement among social scientists on whether or not the human personality is partly shaped by the built environment.

But i do believe that the environment and our surroundings shape our behavior and how we act. Lets take ask ourselves this question:

How comes somalis who grew up in project neighbourhoods such as Rinkeby in sweden, Southall in London or regent park in Toronto tend to be violent prone, lazy, loud and perform very poorly in education compare to somalis who were raised middle class neighbourhoods or Posh areas. They also tend to be less articulate on issues and can hardly explain themselves.

You will mostly likely see that the somalis from such bad environment behave, dress and act totaly different, they are more likely to be rude and loud as well. Im sometimes very thankful i didnt grew up that way.

It is definitely true that the environment and your surroundings determine the kind of a person you will be most of the times except some exceptions here and there. What do you guys think?

Last edited:
A primary issue to be faced by the student of human urban behaviour is that of determinism. There is disagreement among social scientists on whether or not the human personality is partly shaped by the built environment.

But i do believe that the environment and our surroundings shape our behavior and how we act. Lets take ask ourselves this question:

Why comes somalis who grew up in project neighbourhoods such Rinkeby in sweden, Southall in London or regent park in Toronto tend to be violent prone, lazy, loud and perform very poorly in education compare to somalis who were raised middle class neighbourhoods or Posh areas. They also tend to be less articulate on issues and can hardly explain themselves.

You will mostly likely see that the somalis from such bad environment behave, dress and act totaly different, they are more likely to be rude and loud as well. Im sometimes very thankful i didnt grew up that way.

It is definitely true that the environment and your surroundings determine the kind of a person you will be most of the times except some exceptions here and there. What do you guys think?

I think it’s Muslims in particular, whites who grow in poor neighborhoods don’t have the social issues Muslim youth have.

Hip hop and gangs is Muslim youth habit.

Distaste and disrespect for host nation is Muslim thing.

I think it’s Muslims in particular, whites who grow in poor neighborhoods don’t have the social issues Muslim youth have.

I think it has nothing to do with religion because arab christians and even non Muslim madoow as well as whites who live in search areas have equally the same statistics as the muslims depending on the demographics.

As much as you seem anti Islam it’s good to be fair and objective.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP

How comes somalis who grew up in project neighbourhoods such as Rinkeby in sweden, Southall in London or regent park in Toronto tend to be violent prone, lazy, loud and perform very poorly in education compare to somalis who were raised middle class neighbourhoods or Posh areas. They also tend to be less articulate on issues and can hardly explain themselves.

Environment is secondary. I think a childs first contact is their parents or lack of . Kids grow up to be the parents, good or bad. Human babies are like a hollow vessel where it mimics from infancy. The neighborhood environment just makes them who they are as citizens, but their personality is already shaped by their family ! Its like the Africans americans, they talk black because they went through exactly what these Somalis kids are going through. The thing i thought our Somaliniimo would shield them from this degeneracy. Our diin and Somali culture should help in identity and self esteem.

Jake from State Farm

We pro xalimo all 2019
the law enforcement career goal I made as a kid literally kept me from being a juvenile tbh. Home life, and I also believe school can affect how a person turns out.if your home life isn't perfect than school life can really affect a person
People that live in middle class areas tend to have more access to other opportunities. People that live in middle class areas go to schools that provide better programs than low
People that live in low income areas don't have the same amount of opportunities.

I lived in a low income area but the school district I lived in was pretty wealthy. So me and other students had access to learn more about things besides regular school work. Especially stuff related to the STEM fields. The district built a big ass tech academy which was separate from the schools so kids can attend stem related classes there and law/public safety course.multiple after school clubs that related to these programs as well. Which were pretty cool.

This academy introduced a lot of kids into fields they never really were interested about before. more kids started taking school more seriousl. Kids were more interested in getting into college.kept more kids from doing crimes.

My high school graduation rate for my high school class was 75%. We had 700+ student graduate. Only a few dropped out.

My uncle a high school teacher in a low income area told me that for most high school classes the graduation rate is less than 40%. From freshman to senior year about 60% of students that start drop out.

my school compared to my uncle's school are way different. It seems like a lot of kids aren't being motivated to go to school or being motivated to stay away from crime.

King Khufu

Dignified Gentlemen
Environment is the initial perception of adaptability. Environment of course brings certain conduciveness into thrivementation (the ability to exceed surviving into continuous opulence.)
So with that being said, I state - yes, the environment is first and foremost crucial to a person's natural well being.
Reason being for is that urban areas are bad environments to grow up in, but great to enjoy yourself in as an adult if you have the finances to do so.
If you grow up in a urban environment you're most likely to develop certain health conditions from either the housing materials being unkempt due to lack of funds/resourcing or other possibilities such as asthma from smoggy air created by car transmissions passing by all day in crowded boxed in city areas with little vegetation around to absorb the carbon exhausted into the air.
However if you grown up in a not so urban area maybe around country side you might have to build up your body to build your immune system yet you will be healthier than a city urbanite for there would be more air from more trees in open fields.
Then again my perspective is just my own and I'm throwing out my thoughts out there for the reader's to decide if this information is worthy noting or not.

Poor whites do worse in UK schools than poor blacks . They have similar or even worse social problems .The so called white trash in the USA aren’t doing too great either. Somali youth are making slow improvements despite what the media says .

King Khufu

Dignified Gentlemen
Poor whites do worse in UK schools than poor blacks . They have similar or even worse social problems .The so called white trash in the USA aren’t doing too great either. Somali youth are making slow improvements despite what the media says .
:damn:
nobody cares about cadaans. I know I don't. This SomaliSpot not CrackerFront :childplease::ahh::dead1::win:

:damn:
nobody cares about cadaans. I know I don't. This SomaliSpot not CrackerFront :childplease::ahh::dead1::win:
I was responding to his point when he wrote whites who grow up in poor neighbourhoods don’t have the same social
Issues . That is simply not factual . There’s a whole book called chavs written on them .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts