How many of you have been to Somalia, or can speak Somali?

Have you been to Somalia/speak the language?

• Been to Somalia but cant speak Somali

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Hassan mahat

I karbash wahabist salafis daily.
I can speak both Somali and Kiswahili. I never saw Somalia since I spent most of my time in jigjiga , Nairobi and Canada.

Dalmoor

Hiatus✅ 1/18/21- ?
VIP
These polls got me effed up. I thought the first option was "Never been to Somalia but can speak somali"

Why is there a choice not similar to that?

Shmurda

King Of NSFW
Swahili has more arabic loan words than somali lmaoo. Around 35% of swahili is arabic bruh
Swahili is viewed as the lingua franca for black people while Somali is just an irrelevant language you can't use outside of Somalis. I'd rather know Swahili I'd be able to talk to any black person on the east coast of africa.

Somali probably has more loanwords
"Soomaalidu jahliga ayaa ku badnaa, waa yarayd qof qalin sida wax loogu qoro yaqaan. Quutka soomaaliduna waa iska baasto iyo bariis".

Jahliga:
Arabic word.
Qalin:
Arabic word.
Quutka (food): Arabic word.
Baasta: Italian word.
Bariis: Italian word.

It's true that the Somali language is filled with load words of Arabic and Italian origin.
I feel dirty and like an dog I don't like speaking Somali. Forget swahili I wanna learn a pure black language like zulu or igbo
Not that many loan words compared to English(which is made of loan words) and it's easy to avoid, but the sentences are so longwinded when you dont use loan words
Those white neanderthals use loanwords obviously we all know that all they do is steal. Somali has a lot of loanwords compared to other native african languages

Karim

I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
HALYEEY
VIP
Quutka isn't used by the majority though. Cuntada/cunada is
Seems like you voted for the "Never been to Somalia and I cannot speak Somali" option yet you know enough about the Somali language.

Hassan mahat

I karbash wahabist salafis daily.
Op, add another option of “never saw Somalia but can speak Somali” you do know Somalis don’t only live in Somalia but also Kenya and Ethiopia

Dalmoor

Hiatus✅ 1/18/21- ?
VIP
Swahili is viewed as the lingua franca for black people while Somali is just an irrelevant language you can't use outside of Somalis. I'd rather know Swahili I'd be able to talk to any black person on the east coast of africa.

Somali probably has more loanwords

I feel dirty and like an dog I don't like speaking Somali. Forget swahili I wanna learn a pure black language like zulu or igbo

Those white neanderthals use loanwords obviously we all know that all they do is steal. Somali has a lot of loanwords compared to other native african languages
You needa learn this language

Trending

Latest posts