How many of you have been to Somalia, or can speak Somali?

Have you been to Somalia/speak the language?

• Been to Somalia but cant speak Somali

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

walahiwarya

Majerteen supremacist
and do you think people who haven't been to Somalia/can speak should be allowed here?

Last edited:

The Somali Caesar

King of Sarcasm• Location: Rent free in your head
VIP
I’ve lived for a few years in Somaliland and I speak perfect Somali. I didn’t speak any Somali prior but I picked up the language fairly quickly :westbrookswag:

If you are not born in Somalia and you can't speak Somali you should be treated like a second class geeljire .:kendrickcry:

2020815637330969830462175.jpg

My birthplace :banderas:

Karim

I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
HALYEEY
VIP
STRAIGHT OUTTA GALKACYO. I speak pure Mudug dialect, I used to own a rifle during my stay in Galkayo too.

Shmurda

King Of NSFW
I speak Somali and been to Somalia I wish I could speak a more black language like swahili. It's embarrassing that we use arabic and italian loanwords I feel like a slave when I have to use them.

Karim

I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
HALYEEY
VIP
I speak Somali and been to Somalia I wish I could speak a more black language like swahili. It's embarrassing that we use arabic and italian loanwords I feel like a slave when I have to use them.
"Soomaalidu jahliga ayaa ku badnaa, waa yarayd qof qalin sida wax loogu qoro yaqaan. Quutka soomaaliduna waa iska baasto iyo bariis".

Jahliga:
Arabic word.
Qalin:
Arabic word.
Quutka (food): Arabic word.
Baasta: Italian word.
Bariis: Italian word.

It's true that the Somali language is filled with load words of Arabic and Italian origin.

Dalmoor

Hiatus✅ 1/18/21- ?
VIP
Swahili has more arabic loan words than somali lmaoo. Around 35% of swahili is arabic bruh

Not that many loan words compared to English(which is made of loan words) and it's easy to avoid, but the sentences are so longwinded when you dont use loan words

Trending