How many functioning hospitals are there in Somalia?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jake from State Farm

We pro xalimo all 2019
do these hospitals have ambulance services as well.

There was a small documentary about a ambulance service in Mogadishu that I watched on here. I was wondering if other cities had ambulance services as well.

I also didn't know about the prefix option, I thought puntland was part of Somalia but it seems it's not. I thought Somaliland was the one that separated.

@Factz @Crow @Yaquub @Jaalle Halfdan @Sheikh

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
Puntland is part of Somalia. Somaliland is the separatist region.

I don't know much about medical services in Somalia. I know about Amiin Ambulance in Mogadishu and about the Turkish hospital. There was also a new modern hospital opened in Garowe this month.

Karim

I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
HALYEEY
VIP
Erdogan Hospital in Mogadishu and newly established excellent hospital with a good surgical record named after it's senior Marehan Doctor (Shaafi) are the only ones I can think of. Puntland has opened new multi speciality hospital in Garowe Arafaat but we don't know how it will perform.

Jake from State Farm

We pro xalimo all 2019
Erdogan Hospital in Mogadishu and newly established excellent hospital with a good surgical record named after it's senior Marehan Doctor (Shaafi) are the only ones I can think of. Puntland has opened new multi speciality hospital in Garowe Arafaat but we don't know how it will perform.
Are most of the doctors there somali trained.

Are there any foreign trained Somalis and diaspora Somalis going back to work at these hospitals permantly?

Karim

I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
HALYEEY
VIP
Are most of the doctors there somali trained.

Are there any foreign trained Somalis and diaspora Somalis going back to work at these hospitals permantly?
Most of the doctors in Erdogan hospital are Turkish but Somali doctors trained abroad like China and Philippines operate in Shaafi hospital.

From what I know in PL.

Garowe, Bosasso and Galkacyo each have one publically run hospital. Idk how many other private hospitals they have.

The private one in Galkacyo also is a training college for med graduates and is run by a Somali doctor who practiced in Italy. They opened a new area outside the city that is doing well.

Xamar has around 10 decent international grade hospitals and of those maybe 2-3 are really good.

Idk about Hargeisa but I know they have at least 4 very good hospitals.

felloff

FA'CASH GANG BABY
somalis should build atleast a training center in garowe for medicine and medical care, and turn all these useless universities in somalia in vocational colleges and only leaving agriculture and nursing as non vocational studies at higher level. What's the point of economics if the country is shit. boarding schools like sheikh should be encouraged where top students from each districts are sent to to learn from qualified educators and schemes should be introduced to send them abroad to learn at higher level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts