How long do you believe it will take any single state in Somalia (or the entire nation) to develop?

IF you want to only talk about a specific qabil states or the entire nation thats fine.

Basically, how long do you believe it will take for the state/nation to reach the economic development levels of the Asian tigers in 1996?

The Asian tigers were able to rapidly modernize in roughly 40 years, will Somalia be able to do the same 40 years from now?

As for the diaspora let’s say 30% return, believe thats more than a generous percentage.

Developed country, perhaps. Like Asian tigers if it's too far

We would have to look for an example in South America or a Caribbean country that began as a third world, the most similar in the Horn do not do very well

but I suppose that if it is a fairly homogeneous town it could have a chance

Somalia is suffering from acute qabilism.
HAG who dorminate the somali politcal arena only want one thing and one thing only
i.e cleanse Darood from Somalia however long it takes.

Karim

I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
HALYEEY
VIP
I would say around 30 years if Oil and other natural resources get discovered.

100+ years if there's no OIL.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Very quickly if Somalis adopt banking, the first region to do so will show growth immediately as capital is available for the public to begin businesses, if they refuse to develop a banking system, it will most likely take a longer time. Oil isn't the answer to Somalia, people are shifting away from it due to climate change and as green energy picks up pace, it won't be long when it becomes un-wanted.

The best way to develop an economy is give money loans to your locals and have them build up a business idea. It's proven to work, I think Somalia has lots of enterpreneurs but lack the cash capital to get started, so it's paramount for the government to invite bankers to Somalia to fuel our business growth.

Very quickly if Somalis adopt banking, the first region to do so will show growth immediately as capital is available for the public to begin businesses, if they refuse to develop a banking system, it will most likely take a longer time. Oil isn't the answer to Somalia, people are shifting away from it due to climate change and as green energy picks up pace, it won't be long when it becomes un-wanted.

The best way to develop an economy is give money loans to your locals and have them build up a business idea. It's proven to work, I think Somalia has lots of enterpreneurs but lack the cash capital to get started, so it's paramount for the government to invite bankers to Somalia to fuel our business growth.
No we don't want foreign banks.

Look at the west alot of business going burst after being hit by covid or the 2009 crisis.

Don't take loans follow Chinese or German philosophy.

Loans are things that will turn Ethiopia,Kenya and Djibouti into slave states because they are greatly indebted to China and western donors.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
No we don't want foreign banks.

Look at the west alot of business going burst after being hit by covid or the 2009 crisis.

Don't take loans follow Chinese or German philosophy.

Loans are things that will turn Ethiopia,Kenya and Djibouti into slave states because they are greatly indebted to China and western donors.

You need cash injection to begin a business without it, you will just have people living on aid and charity which is far worse then taking a loan and making it on your own.

You need cash injection to begin a business without it, you will just have people living on aid and charity which is far worse then taking a loan and making it on your own.
Somalis have money. Cash injections kulaha there is nothing for free in this world everything comes wit a price and that means forfeiting alot.

repo

Bantu Liberation Movement
VIP
It took South Korea 2 generations without natural resources. As a nation Somalia will never reach that level in my opinion, you can't stamp out tribalism in a few generations when the Arabs with all the oil wealth in the world have not been able to do it. You need to divide up the country among tribal lines where there are clear dominant power structures.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Somalis have money. Cash injections kulaha there is nothing for free in this world everything comes wit a price and that means forfeiting alot.

What Somalis have money? your talking about less then 1% of the society, well sorry but that's not going to develop an economy, unless they start a banking culture and teach people to borrow money, invest, and pay back your debts rather then sit there and wait for charity which will make them dependent forever. For any country to develop, it has to work out how their locals will secure money and the loan system is the only way.

I had to invest in my uncles business opportunity in garowe because there is no banks he can secure a loan from. Why should I have to invest money for him and then wait till he pays me back? I am officially acting like a bank for him and that is wrong. He should be able to secure his own loans locally not wait for diaspora.

IF you want to only talk about a specific qabil states or the entire nation thats fine.

Basically, how long do you believe it will take for the state/nation to reach the economic development levels of the Asian tigers in 1996?

The Asian tigers were able to rapidly modernize in roughly 40 years, will Somalia be able to do the same 40 years from now?

As for the diaspora let’s say 30% return, believe thats more than a generous percentage.

actually tiger economies by mid 1980s were developed

hong kong for example had a per capita GDP higher than the mother land UK by 1983,

by 1984 for south korea and Taiwan and Singapore by late 1980s were classed as developed, industrialised

considering by 1965 south korea was poorer than Ethipia, Ghana, Nigeria, kenya but mid 1980s they were able to cross from developing to emerging to industrialised/developed

Somalia was called the Switzerland of Africa by 1971 and $1 was only 4 shillings, by the time siad barre the evil dictator left somalia $1 was around 400 shillings, the buun killed the currency and economy through nepotism and corruption and bled the cow so dry the cow died - the cow is the somali economy- with geeljire buuns from the bush who did not know how to run an economy or had any deen to stay away from corruption,

here is a sad fact, many countries irionically like tanzania, kenya, nigeria, egypt, ghana had higher GDP per cpaita in the 1960s and 1970s than now and had a bigger manufacturing sectors, but they killed it through corruption and lack of investment as what the white men built was destroyed

Nigeria had a really big manufacturing sector, so did ghana, kenyna, tanzania, ethiopia has always been a hell hole shythole anti development communist peace of shit but were richer than south korea, today ethiopia GDP is pathetic compered to south korea, south korea is about 50% of entire african GDP around$1.6 trillion,. ethiopia is around $85 billion despite south korea having only around 45% of the population of ethiopa and being poorer than shithole ethiopia in the mid 1960s

You guys are forgetting one crucial factor. And that's Somalis are cursed with low intelligence. I'm sorry, but there's no way in hell Somalia will ever be a developed first world nation. Not being a hater, just being brutally honest.

You guys are forgetting one crucial factor. And that's Somalis are cursed with low intelligence. I'm sorry, but there's no way in hell Somalia will ever be a developed first world nation. Not being a hater, just being brutally honest.

This is why I am hoping that the government makes education and literacy their number one priority. Everyone does not need to be a Phd scholar just educated enough to read, write, basic arithmetic, critical thinking, and an overall opening of life expectations.

There needs to be a massive literacy campaign across the nation along with strengthening of schools, public libraries, and afternoon education sessions. I dont believe that Somali people are inherently dumb, they may not be the smartest in the world, but us diaspora that Somalis are capable of many great things.