How long did it take dubai to develop after oil money was discovered?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only reason i ask this is if somalia becomes stable (main issue lets be honest is the south) and oil is discovered and extracted for a fair price, how long would it take us to build up proper infrastructure. I am aware that oil is being replaced but bear with me, what if we managed to extract the oil within the next 30yrs and oil is not replaced worldwide overnight. We need to act and act fast if we are to prosper within the next 20-30 yrs and that means that we will have to vote in leaders who actually want to live the greater Somalia dream. No negativity please!! just simply reply with your own opinions in a respectful manner. There is no point in us blaming each other, when we are already living in a bleak time as somalis and the young generation have indeed been left with solving the older generations mess.

http://www.businessinsider.com/131-years-to-replace-oil-2010-11?IR=T

NotAjnabi

Somalilander
The only reason i ask this is if somalia becomes stable (main issue lets be honest is the south) and oil is discovered and extracted for a fair price, how long would it take us to build up proper infrastructure. I am aware that oil is being replaced but bear with me, what if we managed to extract the oil within the next 30yrs and oil is not replaced worldwide overnight. We need to act and act fast if we are to prosper within the next 20-30 yrs and that means that we will have to vote in leaders who actually want to live the greater Somalia dream. No negativity please!! just simply reply with your own opinions in a respectful manner. There is no point in us blaming each other, when we are already living in a bleak time as somalis and the young generation have indeed been left with solving the older generations mess.

http://www.businessinsider.com/131-years-to-replace-oil-2010-11?IR=T
Oil will be obsolete my dear Yaquub, uranium so much better.

Jake from State Farm

We pro xalimo all 2019
Am I the only person who considers Dubai a shithole?

Like tall buildings and sand doesn’t impress me, sorry.
Have you been there?

Overall my interpretation of the place is that it's the Las Vegas of the Middle East. But richer.

I was considerig moving there after I completed school but the idea of not being able to become a citizen and having my passport taken didn't appeal to me well.

The better question is will Somalia really benefit from the oil in our country.

Countries in Africa that have oil haven't fared so well. Nigeria, Angola, Guinea all have oil but the average citizen is poor asf. In Africa, resources seem to be a curse than a blessing with the exception of Bostwana that has benefited from it's diamond wealth.

We'll have to keep our leadership accountable especially at the state level. The state presidents could be stealing a lot of the money made from oil revenues. Since they're already stealing now what will stop them then.

Not to mention the interstate wars that'll happen over oil. With states fighting over cities and territories using the oil money to fund their civil wars. It could easily become a huge quagmire unless state presidents are stripped of most powers and there's a federal army keeping the peace.

It could honestly bring more harm than good.

Last edited:

Gadiid

So much depends upon a red wheel barrow.
Am I the only person who considers Dubai a shithole?

Like tall buildings and sand doesn’t impress me, sorry.

I was very unimpressed with Dubai and Abu Dhabi.
I mentioned this when I was coming back to the UK.
Whenever I found those pockets of culture it was very nice(like museums and local restaurants) however most of it is bereft of identity.
It's all show-boating and I couldn't get over how the minorities(such as Indians were treated).

Can't pay me enough to go back there.

You think oil is going to turn this
IMG_2023.JPG

Into this?
IMG_2024.JPG

:deadrose::dead:

The better question is will Somalia really benefit from the oil in our country.

Countries in Africa that have oil haven't fared so well. Nigeria, Angola, Guinea all have oil but the average citizen is poor asf. In Africa, resources seem to be a curse than a blessing with the exception of Bostwana that has benefited from it's diamond wealth.

We'll have to keep our leadership accountable especially at the state level. The state presidents could be stealing a lot of the money made from oil revenues. Since they're already stealing now what will stop them then.

Not to mention the interstate wars that'll happen over oil. With states fighting over cities and territories using the oil money to fund their civil wars. It could easily become a huge quagmire unless state presidents are stripped of most powers and there's a federal army keeping the peace.

It could honestly bring more harm than good.
That is why i don't trust the locals but us diaspora who are educated will have to try something regardless of the outcome. If you don't fail you can't succeed, i personally would try to make money for myself abroad and then i would fund schools in the country to try and educate the youth so that they don't make the same mistakes as the elder generation (who were mostly poorly educated). Education will save us and that must be improved upon before we even think about digging up the oil, otherwise you will have the retarded low iq generation turning us into Nigeria. It will take sometime to implement new laws that would weed out corruption and education must be improved either way if we are to succeed. I don't think oil will become obsolete overnight (trump just pulled out of the climate agreement so much for the environment) however i don't want us to become dependant on only one resource since we have many metal resources as well.

Keo

VIP
Best it stays on the ground and not touched. Somalis gotta find a way to not rely on the oil like these Gulf countries and still prosper.

No kidding, Someone from the Gulf said Saudia Arabia, UAE, and Qatar were just a bunch of Bedouin warring clans like Somalia is today. So one family defeated the others and took power to establish their islamic law so that clans/tribes would cease to be important except one that would rule. That is how they became stable. Establish a Monarchy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts