How is High School in USA ?

Villainess

smooth talk on a rainy summer evening
Mountain goats?

:what1:

To answer your question, I mostly walked or bicycled to my school growing up.

My father walked though, like 8 chilometres a day.
I was being sarcastic lol but what on earth is a chilometer
@Asli do you sing the national anthem and pledge allegiance to the flag?

I heard they had morning prayers in American school until like the 60's.
No not since elementary school, it's been a while

Sad. They receive funding from property taxes so if you live in a good area, your school will be good and vice versa. Canadian schools receive funding from the government.

I was the Only geeljire in my High school,
i tried to join AA gang , but they made me feel unwelcome, for some reason they kept asking if I was from Thailand or India.
so I joined the Puerto Ricans

Last edited:
Are you from there? What’s it like attending school in the UK? I actually had no idea that there’s different UK accents. I thought they all spoke with that BBC accent.
So the UK has State and Private schools.

Private schools average at £15k per year but get all the top marks. They also usually cater to one gender.

Then we have State schools which are government funded and usually are mix with kids from everywhere. As you can guess, it is your luck in what kind of area you live in which also determines what kind of school it will be. In many State schools for example, teachers do not even bother to attend and send a clueless supply aka temporary teacher for the day.

You have to dress up smart to both types of schools. Blazer, Tie etc. We have sports teams with Football given the main spotlight and focus, we informally play other schools. In State schools you have two alternating timetables for two weeks with different core subjects throughout the day.

There are many accents here and the BBC one is spoken by the politicians etc and The Queens English by Elizabeth/old middle class British ladies etc. Outside of that, there is the famous London and East end Cockney accent which are embedded in British culture and understood by most. Then there are accents from other parts of the UK like Liverpool, Wales etc that are not shown on international popular media.

So the UK has State and Private schools.

Private schools average at £15k per year but get all the top marks. They also usually cater to one gender.

Then we have State schools which are government funded and usually are mix with kids from everywhere. As you can guess, it is your luck in what kind of area you live in which also determines what kind of school it will be. In many State schools for example, teachers do not even bother to attend and send a clueless supply aka temporary teacher for the day.

You have to dress up smart to both types of schools. Blazer, Tie etc. We have sports teams with Football given the main spotlight and focus, we informally play other schools. In State schools you have two alternating timetables for two weeks with different core subjects throughout the day.

There are many accents here and the BBC one is spoken by the politicians etc and The Queens English by Elizabeth/old middle class British ladies etc. Outside of that, there is the famous London and East end Cockney accent which are embedded in British culture and understood by most. Then there are accents from other parts of the UK like Liverpool, Wales etc that are not shown on international popular media.
Very informative. Thanks. I really want to visit the UK soon insha'Allah. Sounds very interesting.

Royalflush

novacane
The uk is a shithole especially south London, there’s more jaree7s than mosquitos in somalia. School was so shit no sport, they even cut funding for 2 PE lessons a week to 1:damn:

Trending

Latest posts