How I was treated as a Somali diaspora in different countries.

Are you serious? I was planning on going this year to South Africa, Zambia and then Puntland but covid-19 came in with the shits.
sorry to hear that. And yeah, I've never been anywhere else outside the country. or on vacation. I wouldn't mind taking a staycation though lol

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
sorry to hear that. And yeah, I've never been anywhere else outside the country. or on vacation. I wouldn't mind taking a staycation though lol

I wouldn't mind staying at a lake front cabin right now. :damedamn:

I've visited several countries and this is how I was treated as a Muslim, Somali, diaspora from the United States.

Netherlands: I was greeted with warm smiles and small talks, Netherlands cadaans were generally nice to me, although there was a west African waitress who had a screwed up face when she was waiting for us. Overrall the people are nice, the coffee was great.

Germany: I'm not going to lie, I had this presumption of how Germans were all racists and dare I say nazis but they were nice enough, they're not like the Americans, they don't smile at you randomly, they just mind their business. There was a German lady who complimented my outfit, later I found out that she was born and raised in Germany but her parents were originally from Russia.

Sweden: beautiful people even the Somalis are really pretty, there's something about Sweden that makes the people really beautiful, during my trip I was in awe of the beauty of the people. The people are sweet, you will see interracial couple more than any other country. Espresso house is hyped up in Sweden but the coffee didn't taste right.

Kenya: Friendly mostly because the Kenyans worship money more than anything, the Somalis in Kenya are con-artists, they will con you out of everything. The restaurant scene is okay, the coffee is bitter.

Emirates: The people are narcissists, they worship money, they don't have style, they all dress tacky. Every store is over crowded, Shady people overrall, the food was okay because it's all halal.

Puntland: Beautiful, people have the heart of gold, very welcoming. I enjoyed the weather, the beaches and the atmosphere. I would recommend everyone to visit Puntland. The food was good, fresh fish, heaven for pescatarians. I was treated with the utmost respect, I've met several people in their 100s who all knew my great grandfather. I learned about him through them. What he liked and what he disliked.
Are you a guy or a girl?

The beaches in Puntland look very beautiful and I like the backdrop of the desert mountains. I have never been but my goal is to go every state in Somalia. I am sure I will be welcomed in Puntland even though I have no family there. I might go with my friend who has family there.

The Dutch are a weird bunch.

I've visited several countries and this is how I was treated as a Muslim, Somali, diaspora from the United States.

Netherlands: I was greeted with warm smiles and small talks, Netherlands cadaans were generally nice to me, although there was a west African waitress who had a screwed up face when she was waiting for us. Overrall the people are nice, the coffee was great.

Germany: I'm not going to lie, I had this presumption of how Germans were all racists and dare I say nazis but they were nice enough, they're not like the Americans, they don't smile at you randomly, they just mind their business. There was a German lady who complimented my outfit, later I found out that she was born and raised in Germany but her parents were originally from Russia.

Sweden: beautiful people even the Somalis are really pretty, there's something about Sweden that makes the people really beautiful, during my trip I was in awe of the beauty of the people. The people are sweet, you will see interracial couple more than any other country. Espresso house is hyped up in Sweden but the coffee didn't taste right.

Kenya: Friendly mostly because the Kenyans worship money more than anything, the Somalis in Kenya are con-artists, they will con you out of everything. The restaurant scene is okay, the coffee is bitter.

Emirates: The people are narcissists, they worship money, they don't have style, they all dress tacky. Every store is over crowded, Shady people overrall, the food was okay because it's all halal.

Puntland: Beautiful, people have the heart of gold, very welcoming. I enjoyed the weather, the beaches and the atmosphere. I would recommend everyone to visit Puntland. The food was good, fresh fish, heaven for pescatarians. I was treated with the utmost respect, I've met several people in their 100s who all knew my great grandfather. I learned about him through them. What he liked and what he disliked.
You just made me wanna go back to PL as soon as this situation is over.Its gonna be my first time and im soo excited ,i may even make a thread on SS where I post picks of the places I go to.

nomadicblood

I am not a farax
Germany: friendly people and good food. They have a parking lot with special parking spaces for women. The parking spaces for women are twice bigger than the normal parking spaces.

Czech Republic: some racist people but some are friendly. The Mac Donalds from the center does not have a fish menu. Gorgeous historic buildings. I felt the coldness from the locals. The WW2 definitely left some scars.

Uk: friendly people, helpful, good food, an expensive country compared to the euro lands. This was the first country where I’ve seen so many Somalis.

Sweden: Nice country. I admired the country. Beautiful mountains and rivers. But definitely cold in the winter.

People don’t pay for the bus. They just jump on the bus and pass the bus driver. The tram is also “free”. This was in Göteborg. And I was basically in shock :what1:

Next trip PL in shaa’Allah

Apollo

VIP
Germans are weird and they stare at black ppl everywhere

Only in small towns do rural people do that.

Nobody gives a f*ck about a black person in major cities. There are thousands all over the place. Mainland Western Europe is far far from homogeneous.

Trending

Latest posts