How I beat social anxiety

@SOULSEARCHING i saw your anxiety thread and this is my response.

I realize this won't work for everyone but if you have the resolve, it's one way to go about it.

This is my story. It's a little long, so brace yourself :damedamn:

I Had anxiety for a little bit because I went through an especially brutal breakup and I was a NEET for a little while. Like for a whole 2 years :ehh:

I guess I must've developed social anxiety in my seclusion and it was so bad i would literally start sweating during difficult situations. Not to mention, eye contact was just fking impossible. :ivers:

Eventually, my worldly duties as a man overwhelmed my anxiety and I had to literally force my self to get over it. :confused:

As a man, I couldn't continue to feel sorry for myself as the world passed me by. I couldn't waste life living like this.

I have people counting and depending on me, and every second I spent wallowing in my sorrows I was letting them down.

I had to face my fears and kick anxiety for good.:mjcry:

I did this by forcing myself to face my biggest fears head on. At the time, social situations and the trained eyes of strangers were my biggest fears.

So I took a speech class, and while every moment of it was pure excruciating hell, it helped me stop being a pussy, and taught me how to deal with awkward social situations.

But unfortunately, that wasn't enough. I still had remnants of social anxiety that continued to trouble me. Thanks to speech class, I was somewhat okay with strangers staring at me, but for the life of me, i still couldn't hold a proper conversation with anyone.

I still had a lot of unaddressed conversational issues. I needed to learn how to to talk to people without losing my shit. :dead:

And since i learn best with real world situations, i became a literal thorn for people at work and at school.:meleshame:

I forcefully engaged in conversations with people who I had no interest in what so ever just to beat anxiety. I talked about everything. In fact, i never stopped talking. :mjcry:

My plan was simple, talk more and eventually your brain will stop freaking out.

But as i talk, I worry about a billion worthless things like the way i stand, what I am doing with my hands, if my voice is being weird, if i was making enough eye contact, etc. It was just fking hell but I braved it all.

People were naturally annoyed with me, some even found me unpleasant, and i cared a lot. I was so fragile that the slightest slight would just shatter me. :(

I even got hurt sometimes but that's just life for you. So I pick myself right up and i keep doing it until shit doesn't faze me anymore. I just kept talking and engaging with people until the weird thoughts just disappeared.

4 years later and i can proudly report to have been anxiety free for the entirety of that time. Shit, there is no sign of it coming back either. :kendrickcry:

I guess the lesson here is that don't be afraid to fail or make a fool of yourself because failure will temper your character as long as you don't give up.:mjpls:

And if you do something long enough, you'll eventually get so use to it that it won't bother you anymore.

So go on and beat this shit if you have it :vncu2n5:

Last edited:

Lostbox

「Immortal Sage」| Qabil-fluid
VIP
What is wrong with young people today? Or has this been the norm all this time?

There are 2 technique I use. I don't know if it will help you guys but it always worked for me.

It's pretty simple. I will suffer through a this for minute, hours or days then thing will get better. Just suffer through this and get over it

My second technique is to not worry. If It impossible to sovle or have to go through. What the point of worrying? It's a waste of energy and it will not benefit me

If it doesn't workout for you, try to create your own system that will minimise your anxiety. You know yourself and you'll figure it out

Last edited:

Samaalic Era

QurboExit
The best way is to mix with Somalis and you will be social asf in no time.

Usually, its Somalis that have no contact with other Somalis that suffer from Social anxiety:samwelcome:

2VXxg8m.png

Strike6times

Dsavv is a fucking muppet
Wallah I probably have social anxiety but don't notice it because I only talk to people that I've known since young so I can say anything without worrying about if it's awkward

Samaalic Era

QurboExit
Wallah I probably have social anxiety but don't notice it because I only talk to people that I've known since young so I can say anything without worrying about if it's awkward
It's a result of growing up in an unnatural environment for us Somalis. I was the same although mind was mild but now I'm social alxamdulillah. In the west, there is no sun or bulsho environment that us Somalis need which is built in our geeljire system

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
@SOULSEARCHING i saw your anxiety thread and this is my response.

I realize this won't work for everyone but if you have the resolve, it's one way to go about it.

This is my story. It's a little long, so brace yourself :damedamn:

I Had anxiety for a little bit because I went through an especially brutal breakup and I was a NEET for a little while. Like for a whole 2 years :ehh:

I guess I must've developed social anxiety in my seclusion and it was so bad i would literally start sweating during difficult situations. Not to mention, eye contact was just fking impossible. :ivers:

Eventually, my worldly duties as a man overwhelmed my anxiety and I had to literally force my self to get over it. :confused:

As a man, I couldn't continue to feel sorry for myself as the world passed me by. I couldn't waste life living like this.

I have people counting and depending on me, and every second I spent wallowing in my sorrows I was letting them down.

I had to face my fears and kick anxiety for good.:mjcry:

I did this by forcing myself to face my biggest fears head on. At the time, social situations and the trained eyes of strangers were my biggest fears.

So I took a speech class, and while every moment of it was pure excruciating hell, it helped me stop being a pussy, and taught me how to deal with awkward social situations.

But unfortunately, that wasn't enough. I still had remnants of social anxiety that continued to trouble me. Thanks to speech class, I was somewhat okay with strangers staring at me, but for the life of me, i still couldn't hold a proper conversation with anyone.

I still had a lot of unaddressed conversational issues. I needed to learn how to to talk to people without losing my shit. :dead:

And since i learn best with real world situations, i became a literal thorn for people at work and at school.:meleshame:

I forcefully engaged in conversations with people who I had no interest in what so ever just to beat anxiety. I talked about everything. In fact, i never stopped talking. :mjcry:

My plan was simple, talk more and eventually your brain will stop freaking out.

But as i talk, I worry about a billion worthless things like the way i stand, what I am doing with my hands, if my voice is being weird, if i was making enough eye contact, etc. It was just fking hell but I braved it all.

People were naturally annoyed with me, some even found me unpleasant, and i cared a lot. I was so fragile that the slightest slight would just shatter me. :(

I even got hurt sometimes but that's just life for you. So I pick myself right up and i keep doing it until shit doesn't faze me anymore. I just kept talking and engaging with people until the weird thoughts just disappeared.

4 years later and i can proudly report to have been anxiety free for the entirety of that time. Shit, there is no sign of it coming back either. :kendrickcry:

I guess the lesson here is that don't be afraid to fail or make a fool of yourself because failure will temper your character as long as you don't give up.:mjpls:

And if you do something long enough, you'll eventually get so use to it that it won't bother you anymore.

So go on and beat this shit if you have it :vncu2n5:

Liar. You drunk Alcohol to solve your anxiety,

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
@Basra how would you deal with social anxiety? Interested from a Somali elder perspective. Thank you.

Isolation from people who are not family. isolation from Social media

Salat. Zakat Khutbahs from youtube. Volunteering and helping another. etc etc

We see a lot of younger people suffer from social anxiety these days. I think that social media had a big role to play in it. People stay at home or when they're outside they stay on their phone 24/7.

Go outside more and just talk to random people. Just have a chat to your neighbour for example, or if you are in a public transport start chatting to get to know people. You'll be used to social situations if you socialize more.

Trending