How Geography Turned the Sahara Green

Apollo

VIP

:hmm:

The Green Sahara period was relevant to the formation and spread of Afro-Asiatic languages across Africa. This video explains the technicals behind how it occurred.

Afro-Asiatic is such a peculiar language family. It impacted modern civilization in ways beyond imagination and this came from a small group of people who lived on the northern edges of Africa in this humid period.

They were either highly sophisticated or was revelation involved? Divine or extraterrestrial?

Apollo

VIP
Afro-Asiatic is such a peculiar language family. It impacted modern civilization in ways beyond imagination and this came from a small group of people who lived on the northern edges of Africa in this humid period.

They were either highly sophisticated or was revelation involved? Divine or extraterrestrial?

I think they were from Epipalaeolithic Egypt, that's my current favored AA ethnogenesis theory.

I can't stand Ethiopians who think it originated in their country. :siilaanyolaugh:

I think they were from Epipalaeolithic Egypt, that's my current favored AA ethnogenesis theory.

I can't stand Ethiopians who think it originated in their country. :siilaanyolaugh:

Yes!

But it is very possible early Afroasiatic speakers ranged as far south as Eritrea. Northern Eritrea was always under the sphere of the eastern Sahara, from the eastern Saharan neolithic and mesolithic cultures, ancestors of the Beja, later pre-Islamic and Islamized Beja, Arabs, etc.

Epipaleolithic Egypt sounds plausible. The Sphinx and some of the temples connected to the Sphinx date back to the Epipaleolithic according to some geologists because of the water erosion on the walls. Also the line of succession, according to the Ancient Egyptians, goes back 20.000 years.

Whoever our proto Afro-Asiatic ancestors were, they were most likely the descendants of an earlier advanced civilization and climatic events lead to the downfall of that civilization (theory) and the subsequent dispersal of Afro-Asiatic.

Epipaleolithic Egypt sounds plausible. The Sphinx and some of the temples connected to the Sphinx date back to the Epipaleolithic according to some geologists because of the water erosion on the walls. Also the line of succession, according to the Ancient Egyptians, goes back 20.000 years.

Whoever our proto Afro-Asiatic ancestors were, they were most likely the descendants of an earlier advanced civilization and climatic events lead to the downfall of that civilization (theory) and the subsequent dispersal of Afro-Asiatic.

Sadly, they were just hunter-gatherer-fishers. They had some degree of urbanization later on, but they were still hunter-gatherer-fishers. They had alot of similarities to pre-neolithic Nilo-Saharans.

The later neolithic Afroasiatic groups are very interesting through. Northeast Africa was a hornets nest which birthed all these Afroasiatic pastoral populations that went all the way to West Africa, Morocco, and South Africa, and the Levant. Most of the Afroasiatic expansions were powered with high-T no shit clans of cowboys who would come for your wife, your land, and your head.

(Okay, my last statement was a joke. Pls don't take it as a historical fact.)

Last edited:
The cursed placed called ya was still dry during this period while the rest of Sahara was a forest.

Curse the Ethiopian Highlands.

Apollo

VIP
The cursed placed called ya was still dry during this period while the rest of Sahara was a forest.

Curse the Ethiopian Highlands.

In the video it was shown as if Somalia didn't change, but that's an error on the YT creator's part. Somalia did become greener during that time.[see this] The only desert in Africa during the Green Sahara period were in Namibia and vicinity.

Sadly, they were just hunter-gatherer-fishers. They had some degree of urbanization later on, but they were still hunter-gatherer-fishers. They had alot of similarities to pre-neolithic Nilo-Saharans.

The later neolithic Afroasiatic groups are very interesting through. Northeast Africa was a hornets nest which birthed all these Afroasiatic pastoral populations that went all the way to West Africa, Morocco, and South Africa, and the Levant. Most of the Afroasiatic expansions were powered with high-T no shit clans of cowboys who would come for your wife, your land, and your head.

I don’t think they were Hunter Gatherers. Hunter Gatherers are static in terms of development. They live quite “primitive’’ for thousands of years and without any external input they do not change their way of life.

Egyptologist try to discredit the evidence of water erosion on the Sphinx and some of the older limestone temples because it does not fit the European narrative of world history.

The water erosion is the result of extensive rainfall which coincides with the Epipaleolithic and this is the period when proto Afro-Asiatic was a spoken language in Egypt.

In the video it was shown as if Somalia didn't change, but that's an error on the YT creator's part. Somalia did become greener during that time.[1] The only desert in Africa during the Green Sahara period were in Namibia and vicinity.

It did become wetter as a result of the African humid period but the Ethiopian highlands still stopped a large amount of rain from falling on our cursed homeland.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0031018219302275

Apollo

VIP
It did become wetter as a result of the African humid period but the Ethiopian highlands still stopped a large amount of rain from falling on our cursed homeland.

Hmm, perhaps the Paleo-Somalis were adapted to arid climates. Maybe the only SSA HGs who were as the Khoisan are not native to the Kalahari and were only pushed into it by the Bantu expansion. They used to live more towards Eastern South Africa.

Hmm, perhaps the Paleo-Somalis were adapted to arid climates. Maybe the only SSA HGs who were as the Khoisan are not native to the Kalahari and were only pushed into it by the Bantu expansion.

Perhaps.

They still seem negroidish judging by their features.

The DNA from Gogoshiis qabe (Buur Heybe) cave will be interesting.

Apollo

VIP
The DNA from Gogoshiis qabe (Buur Heybe) cave will be interesting.

How many samples do they have? Do you know? I was just reading some stuff on that site and it says they have 14 human remains. I hope they test several of them and not just 1 like they did with the Mota cave.

How many samples do they have? Do you know? I was just reading some stuff on that site and it says they have 14 human remains. I hope they test several of them and not just 1 like they did with the Mota cave.

12 remains of which they are testing 2.

Edit.

(It was actually 14)

Last edited:
So boring, just 2. Lol, Europeans got like thousands of Ancient DNA samples and Africans have to just do with a handful.

Weird burial practices of this paleo-Somalis probably stopped them from testing all of them. ( Some were buried on their stomachs with large rocks placed on them.

This is what the excavation looked like from an aerial view.

upload_2019-9-28_21-17-2.png

I don’t think they were Hunter Gatherers. Hunter Gatherers are static in terms of development. They live quite “primitive’’ for thousands of years and without any external input they do not change their way of life.

Egyptologist try to discredit the evidence of water erosion on the Sphinx and some of the older limestone temples because it does not fit the European narrative of world history.

The water erosion is the result of extensive rainfall which coincides with the Epipaleolithic and this is the period when proto Afro-Asiatic was a spoken language in Egypt.

Development was not static, our ancestors went from hunting and gathering to germinal agriculture. their social development had clearly advanced, and their lifestyles became more settled as time passed. They survived the LGM and began to blossom in the initial stage of the AHP, going from simple hunter-fishers to segentary grain-planting proto-urban settlements which engaged in the earliest known mass conflicts. Their societies were most likely organized on clans and wider patrilineal kinship, which gave them an edge against early matriarchal societies that they encountered, one which included early eastern Sudanics and Atlantic-Congo/Mende speakers.

The proto-Afroasiatics didn't make the pyramids. That's absolutely insane to even think that's within the realm of possibility.

12 remains of which they are testing 2.

Edit.

(It was actually 14)

This is very exciting. I wonder if they will be like Mota or more pure ancient East African or this ANA stuff wihtout the San/Mbuti-related ancestry in Mota. I haven't seen any Somali with E-M329, so I think they will be distinct, unless early Cushitic populations basically killed off all the men.

How do you know they are testing these ancient pre-Cushitic samples from Somalia?

A rain shadow. I think the Atacama deserts suffer the same thing due to the Andes. I think one of the classic examples of a rain shadow are the Alborz mountains in the Caspian arc of northern Iran. Central Iran awhile east of the Tehran metro is a dead zone of gargantuan salt deserts.

The Ethiopian highlands had extensive glaciers during this period. With monsoon rains and snowmelt in the Ethiopian highlands, the Nile was having huge discharge of freshwater and massive floods.

So boring, just 2. Lol, Europeans got like thousands of Ancient DNA samples and Africans have to just do with a handful.

Exactly. A single paleo-Somali samples is worth more than a 1,000 Bell Beakers. But what more do you expect from guys who f*ck up every paper on ancient samples from Africa?

Trending