How fast are people leaving Somalia

johnsepei5

Head of Somalia freemasonry branch
What is Somalia emigration looking like now in 2024
Are people still leaving Somalia at the same fast pace as before or has it slowed down

🤔I believe so; perhaps not as much as family as before, but the youth are departing at a faster rate than ever before, due to social media, which pushes others to leave their village and travel to the west.

Tiyeglow

A Laandheere always pays his debts
There was a conference in Jabir Hotel last week pertaining to tahriib by the youth and how to prevent it. Its drones, those who graduated to those unlettered. But it isn't actually a brain drain given those who are actually educated and work stay and earn income so technically it isn't that bad for the economy. Parenthetically you would be surprised how quickly Somalis and families can collect money for someone who went to Libya and is being tortured until they pay up, an indigent family raises 10k-15k USD rapidly (I know they see it as an investment but the point still stands, if they have money like that to raise up very quickly, then why not invest in them in a business either domestically or in these East African countries, which is a much safer investement in every sense).

Tahriib will always be an attractive proposition for qurax joogs, and this will only continue now that they have this intravenous feed of social media posts by their once-school mates now Western-living friends (who by the way, just like with all social media, hide all struggles and difficulties of being in the West let alone being a refugee there while glorifying its 'lifestyle').

Garaad Awal

Zubeyri, Hanafi Maturidi
It’s not massive like the Eritreans but a sizeable amount leave Somalia + SL. A route I have seen now are people heading to places like Uganda, signing up as a refugee even if he came from safe parts of SL like Borama.

They use their refugee status to apply for asylum in a Western country usually with the help of relatives.

I think SL + Somalia needs this emigration. The birth rates are too high and there is zero opportunities for new grads.

repo

Bantu Liberation Movement
VIP
Western countries need to have a PR campaign in Somalia to say there is no place for you. I know it's harsh and maybe even racist but it's one of the few things we can do to help them.

They’re all leaving, every cousin I saw whilst on holiday has now left, most are in America seems incredibly easy to get there. Some have left for Kenya or Egypt nobody wants to be in Somalia it’s so sad.

It’s as if everybody wants to leave because that’s just the thing to do. There’s gonna be a great replacement soon most people in our ancestoral home town are either Madow or Oromo, natives are dwindling.

johnsepei5

Head of Somalia freemasonry branch
As @Garaad Awal said Somalia has a rapid growing Birth rate maybe Emigrating and establishing strong diaspora communities around the world could be very beneficial

Young people(especially males) have a right to leave Somalia. Even most of the peaceful areas in Somalia/land Young males cannot travel. Ages between 13-55 have present or near future prospects in Somalia, the only few lucky ones are those who work for NGOs. Other than that is you carrying gun for one of the many sides( governments and others) staring at death.
So please know the facts before condemning people.

They’re all leaving, every cousin I saw whilst on holiday has now left, most are in America seems incredibly easy to get there. Some have left for Kenya or Egypt nobody wants to be in Somalia it’s so sad.

It’s as if everybody wants to leave because that’s just the thing to do. There’s gonna be a great replacement soon most people in our ancestoral home town are either Madow or Oromo, natives are dwindling.
Do they come to the USA via south america mexico. I need to send some cousins over. how much is the cost roughly?

Kisame

Plotting world domination
Young people(especially males) have a right to leave Somalia. Even most of the peaceful areas in Somalia/land Young males cannot travel. Ages between 13-55 have present or near future prospects in Somalia, the only few lucky ones are those who work for NGOs. Other than that is you carrying gun for one of the many sides( governments and others) staring at death.
So please know the facts before condemning people.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.