How Far Away is the Sun ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You need to revise your question, is this uniform size you are talking about from the observer perspective?

The angular size or apparent size of the sun is how big the sun is in our visual field. The sun's angular size is about 0.5°. The size isn't really the issue so much as the fact that it doesn't significantly change. It changes slightly over the course of a year due to the Earth following an elliptical orbit around the sun. However, at any given time of year it is exactly the same everywhere on Earth and over the course of a day at any given location.

There are 2 ways in which this information conflicts with a flat earth model

1) The sun grows and shrinks in the Flat Earth model, but not in observed reality.

2) The sun never goes below the horizon in the Flat Earth model, but it does in observed reality.

sun-size-flat-earth-model-north-america.gif

Buildings disappear all together because they get too far away from our 'angular perspective' but the sun and moon, at 3,000 miles away, and 32 miles wide is visible at a great distance and is of considerable size, yet an airplane at 8 miles up is the size of a pin head. I am not understanding the selective use of the 'law of perspective:drakewtf:

The angular size or apparent size of the sun is how big the sun is in our visual field. The sun's angular size is about 0.5°. The size isn't really the issue so much as the fact that it doesn't significantly change. It changes slightly over the course of a year due to the Earth following an elliptical orbit around the sun. However, at any given time of year it is exactly the same everywhere on Earth and over the course of a day at any given location.

There are 2 ways in which this information conflicts with a flat earth model

1) The sun grows and shrinks in the Flat Earth model, but not in observed reality.

2) The sun never goes below the horizon in the Flat Earth model, but it does in observed reality.

Buildings disappear all together because they get too far away from our 'angular perspective' but the sun and moon, at 3,000 miles away, and 32 miles wide is visible at a great distance and is of considerable size, yet an airplane at 8 miles up is the size of a pin head. I am not understanding the selective use of the 'law of perspective

I am loving this, you and @Burhan conflict, he was arguing the sun is uniformed throughout (to the observer, as well in actual size without perspective) you are arguing the opposite, brilliant, the community is falling apart, don't worry it's not just you guys.

I have seen things being revised dozen times, the latest being the coriolis effect on bullets, toilet bowls, sinks, storms etc. after it was exposed. Neil De Grasse Tyson even argued why people broke their fast 2 minutes later in the Burj Khalifa top floor was due to the curvature, but then contradicts saying you won't see it, then argues ships going over the horizon is due to curvature, again disproven. But I don't expect you to see this, since you ignored the above more blatant.

I find it amazing you continue to ignore me calling you out for the moon hoax BS providing indisputable proves those rocks given to Museums were fake, but then ironically using sources of those that blindly believe in the moon mission to disprove me and asks me questions, this is madness personified, don't you see the irony.?

Anyone reading this with an open mind would laugh at you, again your question is not really clear

1) The sun doesn't grow nor shrink, I have already explained this is perspective and posted an image to demonstrate how when object reach beyond your vanishing point, shrink, another image to illustrate this.

upload_2017-1-16_9-55-27.png

2) When you talk about going 'below the horizon' you are bringing into play the argument about 'curvature', in that case we already know the supposed circumference is 25000 miles, if you do simple trigonometry that comes up to roughly 8 inch per mile squared, there is a curvature calculator you can use on google, and along with google earth you can measure elevation, here is a chart to help you which we already done using auto-cad

upload_2017-1-16_10-4-47.png

The Limitation of the human vision is about 3.1 miles.

Their findings suggest the scope of human vision falls far short of the horizon caused by the curvature of the Earth, which occurs at around 3.1 miles (5km)
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...ts-distance-just-1-6-miles.html#ixzz4VuwvTgxo

Let's go with the 3.1 miles, according to our chart that's over 6 feet drop, more then 6 feet of curvature, your average NBA player size, over 3.1 miles so your right in your spinning ball earth model it does dip below the horizon and curvature of the earth (if it has curvature), in my flat earth model it reaches beyond the vanishing point hence perspective.

There is a simple way to prove who is right, the Chicago skyline can be seen from lake Michigan almost at a distance of 50+ miles, here the video, and their flimsy mirage explanations, if you knew anything about mirage, you would laugh.

If the earth was truly curved, you would never EVER see this with the naked eye, but people see this everyday at lake Michigan. I can give you 100 such examples over even greater distances and experiments conducted with lasers to disprove any curvature whatsoever, but I digress with you, your beyond hope.

upload_2017-1-16_10-0-59.png

Axmed Xaji

Your non-biological father
Well, we know that light travels 3x10^8 m/s and it takes ~ 8 minutes for the sunlight to reach earth. They learned the speed of light in 1930s by putting mirrors on mountains 30km apart and calculating how fast light returned. What's this bizarre obsession with Europhile and Europhobe gods? WTF?

Well, we know that light travels 3x10^8 m/s and it takes ~ 8 minutes for the sunlight to reach earth. They learned the speed of light in 1930s by putting mirrors on mountains 30km apart and calculating how fast light returned. What's this bizarre obsession with Europhile and Europhobe gods? WTF?

Everything has a medium that it travels through, what's the medium in which light travels ? this was called the Aether and various experiments such as the famous Nicholson Morley experiment + Sagnac showed this, until Einstein came along with his relativity bull crap to cast aside the problematic Aether which disproves all the claims made about light travel.

But I doubt you really know much about those experiments or even heard of it, I doubt you even knew about the Aether or even heard about it, all that keyboard jockeying and critical thought applied everywhere BUT were it really should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending