How 'Ethiopian' are the the Ethiopian soldiers in Somalia?

By most accounts I've read they are mostly ethnic Somalis and some Oromo.

I'm curious how people square these two things...

Are most people aware of this when al shabaab refers to the Ethiopian army as 'Christian crusaders'? It seems like the military brass was on top of this propaganda tactic and send it an all muslim army.

By most accounts I've read they are mostly ethnic Somalis and some Oromo.

I'm curious how people square these two things...

Are most people aware of this when al shabaab refers to the Ethiopian army as 'Christian crusaders'? It seems like the military brass was on top of this propaganda tactic and send it an all muslim army.

Mostly its Amhara and Tigrays Soldiers stationed in Gedo, just a months ago they had a gun-battle over a reer Gedo woman they were both in bed with, both man died claiming her, i guess the woman's jecel was worth their deaths.

1630241282513.png

:snoop:SMH Gedo is the only region in Somalia where Ethiopian Soldiers forcefully lay claim on the Somali women.

Last edited:
Hmm guess I was mistaken. Read somewhere most that invaded back in 06 were ethnic somalis, looks like they changed things up.

The top bosses or generals, are mostly Christians; that I know for sure.
The soldiery, or the common soldiers, maybe mostly the groups they wanna get rid of [oromo, somali, etc]

Why are oromo Christians mostly pro Ethiopia ??

Many Muslims are too. Let's be honest here, if the states went their separate ways, we'd still have border wars that'd never end-oromo & somali, somali & afar, amhara vs tigray and amhara vs afar, amhara vs oromo, and so on, and so forth.

Trending