How does the Federal Government block international aid toward states?

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
I have heard the "Xamar blocks international aid" argument a lot from reer PL and my father always mentions this whenever we talk politics.

However, I have always had this question.

The IC have offices in Xamar, their employees are integrated into the Somali ministries at both state and federal level, overseeing every project, expenditure and policy.

Therefore, how can the government block international aid toward states without the IC's blessing?

At the very least, the IC will know if the Somali government is blocking aid to the FMS. They know about every other going on at the federal level, they have offices in Garowe, Hargeisa and Kismaayo as well as Xamar. Furthermore, if they intended a certain amount for the state's and the federal government refused to provide it, wouldn't they get pissed. Don't they have the prerogative to hand out the money to states individually instead of the FMS?

I would like to hear your thoughts on this. No derailing please.

Nevertheless @Periplus I'm sure you are aware of the saying 'there's no smoke without fire'. This grave accusation surely isn't made up since we have a vindictive so called President called Mohamed A M Farmajo who would do anything I believe to fight places he doesn't control in order to subjugate and conquer them. This apparent scandal is one more reason Somalia should become a UAE style quasi confederation

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Nevertheless @Periplus I'm sure you are aware of the saying 'there's no smoke without fire'. This grave accusation surely isn't made up since we have a vindictive so called President called Mohamed A M Farmajo who would do anything I believe to fight places he doesn't control in order to subjugate and conquer them. This apparent scandal is one more reason Somalia should become a UAE style quasi confederation

I am not a supporter of Farmaajo but like him compared to HSM and Sheikh Shariif.

However, I could never understand how the FGS could unilaterally block any aid reaching a Federal Member State. Either the IC stakeholders are complicit or ignorant.

Also, was this "blocked aid money" already earmarked for FMS before reaching the FGS or is it aid money intended for Somalia as a whole and the complaint is that the FGS spent it on projects in Xamar?

I am making this thread so I can get an answer and so that its recorded for any other users present or future that have this same question.

"Withholding funding" has been a source of contention between Puntland and the Federal Governemnt for many years, it precedes Farmaajo's government. Every Federal Government has withheld funding and used it as a way to control or to sideline Federal States in order to derail the Federalisation process.

How they do it? I don't know, but I do know that after Abdulahi Yusuf's (AUN) resignation, every single President of Puntland has had this exact same problem with the Federal Government. The only time that the situation was better was when there was a Prime Minister from Puntland (Cumar Cabdirashiid Cali Sharmarke & Cabdiweli Gaas).

It's very sad and disturbing how the Federal Government that was created and funded by Puntland is used as a tool to destroy it. Now that other Federal States exist, they are also realising just how destructive the Federal Government is in the wrong hands.

Last edited:
This sabotage doesn't just extend towards withholding international funding from federal states, it also extends to not completing the federalisation process in general; Somalia still has a provisional constitution instead of an official one.

In my opinion, this hellhole should just be balkanised and let people live how they want, if they want Centralism, Anarchy, AlShaydanimo, whatever, it's their business. I just want Puntland to be freed from this never-ending circus.

Last edited:
@Pwyneth Galtrow

Do you think the IC is complicit if this has happened across numerous administrations?

Or can they plead ignorance?

In my opinion, those foreigners sitting in Halane are up to no good.

In 2003, Wesley Clarke, an American NATO General exposed that America had plans to destabilise 7 Muslim nations in 5 years. Somalia, Libya, Iraq etc.

I really think they enjoy keeping us in a state of perpetual, but controlled chaos.
I am just wondering how they wish to exploit our natural resources or if they are already doing it. Maybe they are already extracting resources, who the hell knows what's going on with those huge warships.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
In my opinion, those foreigners sitting in Halane are up to no good.

In 2003, Wesley Clarke, an American NATO General exposed that America had plans to destabilise 7 Muslim nations in 5 years. Somalia, Libya, Iraq etc.

I really think they enjoy keeping us in a state perpetual, but controlled chaos.
I am just wondering how they wish to exploit our natural resources or if they are already doing it. Maybe they are already extracting resources, who the hell knows what's going on with those huge warships.

I agree that Halane is not good for Somalis.

I would rather a designated diplomat/international organisation zone in the city in which there are proper buildings and public access instead of the closed off shipping containers of Halane.

At the end of the day, the ICs aren't political masterminds, they don't know how to fix a country like Somalia. After all, Somalia is in a unique situation that even PhD holder can't seem to agree on. Their job is to make sure Somalia doesn't go back to 1991 or have any disasters but the problem is funding or their misappropriation of it.

I agree that Halane is not good for Somalis.

I would rather a designated diplomat/international organisation zone in the city in which there are proper buildings and public access instead of the closed off shipping containers of Halane.

At the end of the day, the ICs aren't political masterminds, they don't know how to fix a country like Somalia. After all, Somalia is in a unique situation that even PhD holder can't seem to agree on. Their job is to make sure Somalia doesn't go back to 1991 or have any disasters but the problem is funding or their misappropriation of it.

It's not difficult to fix Somalia at all. All that's needed is genuine leadership that is not concerned with staying in power for eternity or with stealing.

All we need is for a Federal President to allocate funding for Federal States and build a unified army whose goal is to fight AlShaydan. Instead, we are cursed with men whose only goal is to extend their term and to take down their perceived enemy clans.

Farmaajo for instance, is nothing more than a saboteur, a kacaan beneficiary with deep-seated cuqdad against all the clans who fought back against his murderous uncle Siad Barre. I recommend everyone to read his Masters thesis in which he insults Majerteen, Abgaal and the SYL political party. Mr "Wadani" also insults Isaaq.

It truly sickens me when this munaafaq does his yearly fake photoshoot in front of SYL emblems and pictures.

Read these outrageous lies straight from his mind:

Screenshot 2021-10-24 at 16.00.13.png

First there are two types of aid, the one that's blocked in Muqdisho is if another government like Saudi Arabia or EU country or another organizations gives millions of dollars to FGS, you will not see Puntland getting its share.
lets look at the numbers:
In the first 6 months of this year the grants were 82 million, and this year alone the government is expecting 400 million, they've received less than a quarter of this money because of election delays.
Every other state have received some of that money except Puntland, for example Galmudug received 2.8 million and SWS received 3.5 million.

My Sources:
1-Quarterly Economic Report 2021-Q1
2-April 2021 Consolidation Report
3-May 2021 Consolidation Report
4-June 2021 Consolidation Report

FBIsomalia

True Puntlander
VIP
I have heard the "Xamar blocks international aid" argument a lot from reer PL and my father always mentions this whenever we talk politics.

However, I have always had this question.

The IC have offices in Xamar, their employees are integrated into the Somali ministries at both state and federal level, overseeing every project, expenditure and policy.

Therefore, how can the government block international aid toward states without the IC's blessing?

At the very least, the IC will know if the Somali government is blocking aid to the FMS. They know about every other going on at the federal level, they have offices in Garowe, Hargeisa and Kismaayo as well as Xamar. Furthermore, if they intended a certain amount for the state's and the federal government refused to provide it, wouldn't they get pissed. Don't they have the prerogative to hand out the money to states individually instead of the FMS?

I would like to hear your thoughts on this. No derailing please.

Waare interview mention that. Not just PL and JL also Hiraan.

Last year Finance minster of FG agree to deliver IC projects to four or three cities one of them Garowe. Next day Kherya foxy Ex PM refuse it.

Not to mention puntland High School blocking and scholarship for PL.

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
First there are two types of aid, the one that's blocked in Muqdisho is if another government like Saudi Arabia or EU country or another organizations gives millions of dollars to FGS, you will not see Puntland getting its share.
lets look at the numbers:
In the first 6 months of this year the grants were 82 million, and this year alone the government is expecting 400 million, they've received less than a quarter of this money because of election delays.
Every other state have received some of that money except Puntland, for example Galmudug received 2.8 million and SWS received 3.5 million.

My Sources:
1-Quarterly Economic Report 2021-Q1
2-April 2021 Consolidation Report
3-May 2021 Consolidation Report
4-June 2021 Consolidation Report

Insightful post, looks like this answers your question @Periplus

Trending