How does Farmaajo view Benadiri people?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jodeci

The Realest of All Time
That’s a bit ironic getting a translator only to not fully understand them :ayaanswag: but did he call her hooyo macaan, even I’d laugh at that :pachah1:

its a term of respect to older women, its like you respect them as your own mom :salute:

Von

With blood and Iron will we reach the fatherland
Bantus live in Somalia, does that make them Somalis? No. It makes them Somali nationals. The same concept goes for cad cads.

Cad cads are Somali nationals but ethnically they're not Somali. They have some Somali blood, but their not an ethnic Somali like a Darood, Dir, Hawiye, or Issaq.
i agree that Bantus arent Somali (folks that didn't even know the Somali language till the 70s and keep to themselves genetically) but Benadiri folks live and speak the Somali culture and language. There is a point where you go from being an outsider to being fully assimilation both culturally and genetically. So you consider the major clans to be Somalis even tho they come to Somalia 500 years before Benadiri from the same region but Benadiri arent Somalis?

Jodeci

The Realest of All Time
i agree that Bantus arent Somali (folks that didn't even know the Somali language till the 70s and keep to themselves genetically) but Benadiri folks live and speak the Somali culture and language. There is a point where you go from being an outsider to being fully assimilation both culturally and genetically. So you consider the major clans to be Somalis even tho they come to Somalia 500 years before Benadiri from the same region but Benadiri arent Somalis?

so how are darood and isaaq considered somali, but bantus arent? Didnt some bantus mix with somalis in the south? whats the difference

Issa joke :denzelnigga:

I saw some of them in a district that was located central in Xamar. I don't remember the name of the district.

Xamar weyne? Shengaani?

They also reside in merca. I had alot of friends growing up there. Verry nice people and its not like that hiirani boy said, they mix with othere somalis too.

There is also the barawa town but those are different to the ones in xamar and marka.

Yonis

Puntland Youth Organiser
FKD Visionary
VIP
so how are darood and isaaq considered somali, but bantus arent? Didnt some bantus mix with somalis in the south? whats the difference
Bantus and somalis are two entirely different groups of people with two entirely different genetic compositions. completely different ethnicity and bantus don't mix with somalis in the souths

Yes. Major Somali clans are ethnically Somali. Benadiris are mixed Somali nationals. They aren't ethnic Somali.

No half-breed is a Somali. Again, why does every other country in the world don't accept halfies and are against half-breeds, yet us Somalis feel the need to accept half-breeds? We're too nice as a people.

Jodeci

The Realest of All Time
Yes. Major Somali clans are ethnically Somali. Benadiris are mixed Somali nationals. They aren't ethnic Somali.

No half-breed is a Somali. Again, why does every other country in the world don't accept halfies and are against half-breeds, yet us Somalis feel the need to accept half-breeds? We're too nice as a people.

true i proved Yemeni legislation forbids black halfbreeds from getting citizenship :russ: and therefore getting rights

Von

Bantus came to Somalia through Italian colonization, they at large keep to themselves, even retain their culture and belief especially along the coast near Kismayo, Linguistics they didnt even speak Somali until the Barre government
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

No one's saying to accept everyone but at least keep the ones that have had a positive contribution to the Somali history, that's what every nation has ever done but the difference is that other countries move on about it.

How? they are genuine Somalis, its been easily 500 years since their ancestors arrive in Somalia and mix with the population. out of like 500,000 ancestors one or two are Arab or Persian. If that means they aren't Somalis than Daroods,Isaacs and everyone else should not be considered Somali since their origins are outside Somalia.
That's different though. Every ethnic group has various origins but they have common characteristics. Cad Cad's are different though they are Somali nationals. They're like Louisinana Creole's- not African American, but mixed.
Ethnic Somali's look the same everywhere you go. We have a pretty cohesive identity.

Umm Somalis do not accept “ half breeds”. Have you read comments about my people on this website?
Which wack job tried to sell us on Benadir State?
A Benadir State would be the MOST successful state in Somalia. Why are you against it?

Von

That's different though. Every ethnic group has various origins but they have common characteristics. Cad Cad's are different though they are Somali nationals. They're like Louisinana Creole's- not African American, but mixed.
Ethnic Somali's look the same everywhere you go. We have a pretty cohesive identity.
So we are to group them in with the Bantus as 'Somali Nationals'? come on now. they have more than earned their place in the annals of Somali history and should consider as our own flesh and blood
A Benadir State would be the MOST successful state in Somalia. Why are you against it?
No

Xamar weyne? Shengaani?

They also reside in merca. I had alot of friends growing up there. Verry nice people and its not like that hiirani boy said, they mix with othere somalis too.

There is also the barawa town but those are different to the ones in xamar and marka.

Bruh I was talking about their relatives the ashaarf clan that reside in Hiiraan , they don't mix with other somalis. Obviously I don't know the situation of reer xamaris which is why I was questioning the guy :manny:

So we are to group them in with the Bantus as 'Somali Nationals'? come on now. they have more than earned their place in the annals of Somali history and should consider as our own flesh and blood

No
They have their own ethnic identity and are proud and so are we. They're great people masha Allah, but ethnically not Somali. They're ethnically Reer Xamar/reer Barawe etc. Nothing is wrong with that.
Are minorites in China for example, ethnic Chinese? No. But they're nationals and deserve the same respect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending