how do you say he has a bad reputation in somali?

Yaraye

VIP
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
loooooool! :deadpeter:I know how to say that :mjlol: I want to used the word "reputation" I was trying to tell a homegirl that a particular guy had a bad rep. We were gossiping in somali and I couldn't say it in english due to the people around. I realized I didn't know how to say reputation in somali and search it up. Then realized it didn't know how to pronounce that word :jaynerd:

sumcad xun bu haystaa
Although ‘Sumcad xun buu haystaa.’ is correct statements in a way. But I wouldn’t say it. It just doesn’t deliver the nuance meaning you are trying to send.

I would say this.

Sumcad xumo buu leeyahay. Or Sumacad xumo ayuu leeyahay. => he has a bad reputation.

here is several ways saying ‘he has a bad reputation.

magacxun ayuu leeyahay.
magacdarro ayuu leeyahay.
Dhegxun ayuu leeyahay.
sumcad xun ayuu leeyahay.
sumcad darro ayuu leeyahay.

Remember. ayuu and buu are interchangeable.

opposite, Sumcad fiican, magacsan, dheg

is that correct? and is the c in sumcad prononced as ع? sum - cad?
That is correct

Amber

A blessed human
i never heard of that word, i learned something new today, thank u :)
so positive
ccc18693346b04947adcf2110436cb16.jpg
Live long and May Allah bless you @Jiron

Yaraye

VIP
Although ‘Sumcad xun buu haystaa.’ is correct statements in a way. But I wouldn’t say it. It just doesn’t deliver the nuance meaning you are trying to send.

I would say this.

Sumcad xumo buu leeyahay. Or Sumacad xumo ayuu leeyahay. => he has a bad reputation.

here is several ways saying ‘he has a bad reputation.

magacxun ayuu leeyahay.
magacdarro ayuu leeyahay.
Dhegxun ayuu leeyahay.
sumcad xun ayuu leeyahay.
sumcad darro ayuu leeyahay.

Remember. ayuu and buu are interchangeable.

opposite, Sumcad fiican, magacsan, dheg

That is correct
thank you! you are officially my somali sensei. welcome to a thankless job of correcting my poor somali :shaq:

Sumcad is also the mark people draw on their animals/ stuff in Somali culture so other people won’t take it.