How do yall remember lots of information?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need some study tips! besides coffee and late nights. How do you guys remember lots of information? for it's that my memory is selective and i remember sometimes even the hardest stuff that most ppl would forget but my mind seems to gloss over the simple things that most ppl would remember more easily than the harder stuff which requires more processing.

You're doing it wrong.

Understand it fully. Don't memorise it. Don't listen all this bad stuff about memorising it like the Quran or using apps that aid memorisation. Understand it better and better. Knowing it will come naturally. The fact that you're forgetting means you only had a superficial understanding to begin with.

You're doing it wrong.

Understand it fully. Don't memorise it. Don't listen all this bad stuff about memorising it like the Quran or using apps that aid memorisation. Understand it better and better. Knowing it will come naturally. The fact that you're forgetting means you only had a superficial understanding to begin with.
he asked how to remember information, not learn new things :comeon:

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
I need some study tips! besides coffee and late nights. How do you guys remember lots of information? for it's that my memory is selective and i remember sometimes even the hardest stuff that most ppl would forget but my mind seems to gloss over the simple things that most ppl would remember more easily than the harder stuff which requires more processing.

# 1 STOP smoking weed. Kills Memory brain cells

# 2 Eat alot of Fish and brain friendly food. Google it.

# 3 Sleep full 8 hours every time.

$ 4 Eat less sugar

LoveandLight

LoveandLight the Liberator

Happy New Year! Try Meditation, Sir!

Muji

VIP
First you must learn it

When you are learning it pretend that you are teaching it to your little brother
- you should be rephrasing information so you understand
- asking yourself what is the key message here

Once you have learned this information then can you move on the memorisation and that comes with flash cards. Do not use Anki it’s too complicated to set up. When you are creating the physical flash cards you are writing the information down which helps with memorisation. Studies show writing is a better memory aid than typing. If you are not being tested with short answers or multiple choice questions, but you are being examined with essays, make example essays, turn them into mind maps, and recreate them without looking.

Also do lots of previous years exam questions.

Test yourself over and over again! That’s how you will commit information to memory. And teach yourself the information first, that is how you will learn.

These are some evidence based tips I have given you! Ignore at your own peril!

First you must learn it

When you are learning it pretend that you are teaching it to your little brother
- you should be rephrasing information so you understand
- asking yourself what is the key message here

Once you have learned this information then can you move on the memorisation and that comes with flash cards. Do not use Anki it’s too complicated to set up. When you are creating the physical flash cards you are writing the information down which helps with memorisation. Studies show writing is a better memory aid than typing. If you are not being tested with short answers or multiple choice questions, but you are being examined with essays, make example essays, turn them into mind maps, and recreate them without looking.

Also do lots of previous years exam questions.

Test yourself over and over again! That’s how you will commit information to memory. And teach yourself the information first, that is how you will learn.

These are some evidence based tips I have given you! Ignore at your own peril!
Thanks @Knowles i will do my best!

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
Thanks @Knowles i will do my best!
Mnemonics are also helpful.
Mnemonic2.png

05Mnemonics_2_600px-1496206775806.jpg

Medical-Mnemonics-Miscarriage-ribcage.jpg

The sillier the term you choose, the easier it will be to remember.

Here's one for you:

Help
Ugly
@TekNiKo
Urinate

This trick always helps me memorize.
:lolbron:

No need to complicate the process. If it involves studying, then customise your own study skills, be disciplined, and be consistent/routinely. Try to understand the concepts a little better. The goal is not to memorise word for word, but to fully understand it. Just work harder.

Try to describe what you are learning in two or three different ways. If you can do that, then you probably know what you are talking about. Be more flexible with your mind.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending