How do y'all feel about the black hawk down incident

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jake from State Farm

We pro xalimo all 2019
I recently asked my dad about the black hawk down incident.

Basically told me America was trying to give out some humanitarian aid to Somalia and wanted to take out Mohamed Farrah adid. My dad told me he was happy that the US was giving out humanitarian aid to Somalia. But he hated the fact that the mission to take out adid failed. Which ended up with 700 Somalis being killed.

What was adid doing that made the US decide that it was time for him to be taken out. Was he just evil.

I never really asked other Somalis about this besides my dad. I spoke about the movie once in a thread but that's about it.

RasCanjero-

Self imposed exile
US and co being incompetent. Somalis being Somalis.

They should've known coming in that it would've turned into a shit show.

Probably wanted it that way.

As long as the IC didn't get involved; I'm sure Caydiid would've consolidated the region and we wouldn't had the chaos we seen in the years after.

9EC1B94D-9AC8-4A4E-8750-954210DEC4BA.jpeg
0694D63A-CF5F-402C-B0F5-1380307362E4.jpeg

Indha adeeg

Ogadenist
This is a bit late for that isn’t it loooll. The US and the world mistakenly thought that Somalia needed ‘order restored’, totally failing to understand that they didn’t want order but rather their clan to rule. They also underestimated black Mr Burns

Farm

VIP
You think America would send 30k soldiers for free?

The Oil Factor in Somalia : Four American petroleum giants had agreements with the African nation before its civil war began. They could reap big rewards if peace is restored.

According to documents obtained by The Times, nearly two-thirds of Somalia was allocated to the American oil giants Conoco, Amoco, Chevron and Phillips in the final years before Somalia's pro-U.S. President Mohamed Siad Barre was overthrown and the nation plunged into chaos in January, 1991. Industry sources said the companies holding the rights to the most promising concessions are hoping that the Bush Administration's decision to send U.S. troops to safeguard aid shipments to Somalia will also help protect their multimillion-dollar investments there.

Conoco, whose tireless exploration efforts in north-central Somalia reportedly had yielded the most encouraging prospects just before Siad Barre's fall, permitted its Mogadishu corporate compound to be transformed into a de facto American embassy a few days before the U.S. Marines landed in the capital, with Bush's special envoy using it as his temporary headquarters. In addition, the president of the company's subsidiary in Somalia won high official praise for serving as the government's volunteer "facilitator" during the months before and during the U.S. intervention.

More at the link

http://articles.latimes.com/1993-01-18/news/mn-1337_1_oil-reserves

With Somalis and History there's every clans story of what happened.:manny:

America was trying to "restore order" because it had Exxon , Chevron, Shell and Conoco drill for oil in the previous regime and wanted to secure the oil, uranium and other minerals.

They invaded and wanted to occupy the capital and place a puppet gov't that'd allow them to suck dry Somalia's resources for a fraction of the price the same way they did to Iraq, and Afghanistan.

Only problem was that they had to face Aideed, and thousands of his loyal supporters who don't fear death.

Although Somalis faced a high number of casualties, they humiliated the Americans and pictures of dead US Soldiers being pulled along the street went viral.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Public opinion back in the US, became completely against "the restore hope" mission after seeing the pictures of the dead soldiers being dragged and questions started to arise of what the real motives of this mission was.

Aideed's is a geesi nin raag for putting up a good fight with the world's superpower:salute:. He had his faults but that's one thing I respect him for.

We would've been like Iraq or Afghanistan,being occupied by foriegn troops, having little cadaan wecel kids running around and having our resources sucked dry with corrupt puppet politicians.

Atleast now their's hope that we can get better, but for Iraq and Afghanistan it's a long path for freedom.

Last edited:

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP

America was trying to "restore order" because it had Exxon , Chevron, Shell and Conoco drill for oil in the previous regime and wanted to secure the oil, uranium and other minerals.

They invaded and wanted to occupy the capital and place a puppet gov't that'd allow them to suck dry Somalia's resources for a fraction of the price the same way they did to Iraq, and Afghanistan.

Only problem was that they had to face Aideed, and thousands of his loyal supporters who don't fear death.

Although Somalis faced a high number of casualties, they humiliated the Americans and pictures of dead US Soldiers being pulled along the street went viral.

Public opinion back in the US, became completely against "the restore hope" mission after seeing the pictures of the dead soldiers being dragged and questions started to arise of what was the real motives of this mission.

Aideed's is a geesi nin raag with a backbone for putting up a good fight with the world's superpower:salute:.

We would've been like Iraq or Afghanistan,being occupied by foriegn troops, having little cadaan wecel kids running around and having our resources sucked dry with corrupt puppet politicians.

Atleast now their's hope that we can get better, for Iraq and Afghanistan it's a long path for freedom.
If you google Somalis drag Americans there's a picture of that guy's dead balls. :siilaanyolaugh:

Aideed was tipped off by the Italians otherwise he could have been barbecued that day. Anyways, he met his fate 2yrs later. RIP General "I Did", the butcher of MJs.

watermarked_small.jpg

Jake from State Farm

We pro xalimo all 2019

Public opinion back in the US, became completely against "the restore hope" mission after seeing the pictures of the dead soldiers being dragged and questions started to arise of what the real motives of this mission was.

Aideed's is a geesi nin raag for putting up a good fight with the world's superpower:salute:. He had his faults but that's one thing I respect him for.

Atleast now their's hope that we can get better, but for Iraq and Afghanistan it's a long path for freedom.
So What about all the oil,uranium and minerals in Somalia. Are they just still there un touched. Can't these resources cause a big boom for somalias economy.

Vanessa

Support interracial love 💕
VIP
Even though he was a mad warlord. He did a good job keeping gaalo out or else somalia will end like irag or afganistan.

I recently asked my dad about the black hawk down incident.

Basically told me America was trying to give out some humanitarian aid to Somalia and wanted to take out Mohamed Farrah adid. My dad told me he was happy that the US was giving out humanitarian aid to Somalia. But he hated the fact that the mission to take out adid failed. Which ended up with 700 Somalis being killed.

What was adid doing that made the US decide that it was time for him to be taken out. Was he just evil.

I never really asked other Somalis about this besides my dad. I spoke about the movie once in a thread but that's about it.
We all know if America wants to help they ain't really helping.Only low IQ somalis would believe that they wanted to help and not exploit our rich oil fields.
middle-east-us-intervention.png

I'm so proud is our country the only one to humiliate the americans besides vietnam.
:banderas:

Im not even gonna lie, i feel very proud for this im almost emotional wallahi :banderas:

Look at this, they tried

ecde8e68d81aac32dd26266be01a11b1.jpg

Wallahi the hawiyes need more credit
Somaliland could never have done this probably lmaoo

My mom made me and my siblings watch this movie when we were just kids :cryinglaughsmiley::cryinglaughsmiley:

Then i didnt understand why they didnt want america to help but now i do loool

If we only would quit the qat :samwelcome:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending