How do we feel about astrology on here? Anyone check their charts?

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
robert-drinking.jpg

Somalis used to have their own system of astrology. Evidence of this is ample in poetry.

Somalis used stars to predict good and bad omen. the night a child is born, an elder will look upon the sky and make a prophecy based on the evident constellation.

This was called "Xiddigis" i.e Astrology.

For instance, the Somali name "Raage" is inspired by Saturn!.

Nomads literally used wind and stars to decide if it's going to be a rainy year or a draught.

To this day if you go deep enough into the Somali countryside, particularly certain parts of the Somali region of Ethiopia nomads do still use Xiddigis which is a big part of their day to day activities.

If you are a fan of the night sky, Somalia is still a fantastic place to enjoy majestic views of the night sky. growing up as a young boy in a time when we didn't have electricity after 9 pm I can tell you that the night sky was mind-bogglingly present.

1648332404208.png

For instance the "Milkway" is a common scene and I recall my grandmother telling us that its "Diilintii guray" ; Waa halkii Habaar qabe hooyadii Jiiday! The legend goes that Guray was a naughty boy who abused his mother, he would pull her by the hair and drag her on dirt. the paths he would create while pulling his mother is eternalized for all to see as he is punished.

1648332844810.png

This Terrible Son, Guray, was then crucified in the heavens for eternity for all to witness his punishment. The constellation known as "gigane" or "nin la gigay" This is also known as Orion's Belt. This literally means the "crucified".

Samira

Illuminated Xalimo
The true astrology, of Hermes (Idris), Ptolemy, Bonatti, Al Qabisi, Abu Ma'shar, Al Biruni, etc. is 100% real. Fate and fortune on Earth are governed by the stars (which are themselves only signs of the intelligences and power of the Almighty) and everyone accepted that (including Muslims) until the 17th century. No amount of lazy dismissals will ever change this fact.

The true astrology, of Hermes (Idris), Ptolemy, Bonatti, Al Qabisi, Abu Ma'shar, Al Biruni, etc. is 100% real. Fate and fortune on Earth are governed by the stars (which are themselves only signs of the intelligences and power of the Almighty) and everyone accepted that (including Muslims) until the 17th century. No amount of lazy dismissals will ever change this fact.
The acceptance is over-exaggerated, it was practiced by deviant sufis and its was semi-normalised within the ottoman government. Predict yourself a better future and stop schizo-posting, you’re no better than the unintelligent you preach against.

What happened in the 17th century? :damnmusic:

Trending

Latest posts