how do i regain my deen.

Garaad diinle

 
You might've been absorbed by dunia a bit to much than you're supposed to be so much so that you forget about your here after. You need to pause and have a retrospective. Try taking an hour long walk and revaluate yourself. Acknowledge your wrong doings and try rectifying them by istighfar and doing good deeds. Iman strengthens and weakens from time to time. It strengthens by doing good deeds so make sure to do a lot of dikir.

Allah عز وجل said.

قُولُ اللَّهُ عَزَّ وَجَلَّ أَنَا عِنْدَ ظَنِّ عَبْدِي وَأَنَا مَعَهُ حِينَ يَذْكُرُنِي فَإِنْ ذَكَرَنِي فِي نَفْسِهِ ذَكَرْتُهُ فِي نَفْسِي وَإِنْ ذَكَرَنِي فِي مَلإٍ ذَكَرْتُهُ فِي مَلإٍ خَيْرٍ مِنْهُ وَإِنِ اقْتَرَبَ إِلَىَّ شِبْرًا تَقَرَّبْتُ إِلَيْهِ ذِرَاعًا وَإِنِ اقْتَرَبَ إِلَىَّ ذِرَاعًا اقْتَرَبْتُ إِلَيْهِ بَاعًا وَإِنْ أَتَانِي يَمْشِي أَتَيْتُهُ هَرْوَلَةً

Allah the Exalted says i'm at the thought of My servant as he thinks about Me, and I am with him, as he remembers Me. And if he remembers Me in his heart, I also remember him in My Heart, and if he remembers Me in assembly I remember him in the assembly, better than he (does that), and if he draws near Me by the span of a palm I draw near him by the cubit, and if he draws near Me by the cubit I draw near him by the space (covered by) two hands. And if he walks towards Me, I rush towards him.

Get away from distraction and infatuation with dunia. Allah سبحانه وتعالى said.

وَاصْبِرْ نَفْسَكَ مَعَ الَّذِينَ يَدْعُونَ رَبَّهُم بِالْغَدَاةِ وَالْعَشِيِّ يُرِيدُونَ وَجْهَهُ ۖ وَلَا تَعْدُ عَيْنَاكَ عَنْهُمْ تُرِيدُ زِينَةَ الْحَيَاةِ الدُّنْيَا ۖ وَلَا تُطِعْ مَنْ أَغْفَلْنَا قَلْبَهُ عَن ذِكْرِنَا وَاتَّبَعَ هَوَاهُ وَكَانَ أَمْرُهُ فُرُطًا

And keep yourself patient [by being] with those who call upon their Lord in the morning and the evening, seeking His countenance. And let not your eyes pass beyond them, desiring adornments of the worldly life, and do not obey one whose heart We have made heedless of Our remembrance and who follows his desire and whose affair is ever [in] neglect.

Try reading a bit of quran at a daily bases and watch a bit of reminders for this would inshallah increase your iman. Repent from thonob by doing istighfar, salah and good deeds for allah سبحانه وتعالى said in his quran.

وَأَقِمِ الصَّلَاةَ طَرَفَيِ النَّهَارِ وَزُلَفًا مِنَ اللَّيْلِ ۚ إِنَّ الْحَسَنَاتِ يُذْهِبْنَ السَّيِّئَاتِ ۚ ذَٰلِكَ ذِكْرَىٰ لِلذَّاكِرِينَ

Perform the prayer at the borders of the day, and during the approaches of the night. The good deeds take away the bad deeds. This is a reminder for the mindful.

You can start today by doing salah and reading surat al kahf.

Last edited:
A lot of people went thru or going through what you are experiencing right now.

Unless, you left Islam in your heart, you don't need to declare the Shahada, just repent to Allah and start praying again.

Baby steps.

faith fluctuates this is confirmed by the scholars however it’s not an excuse to leave your worship. try praying your 5. if you don’t get all 5 don’t get discourage just try to pray when it’s time. also busy yourself with dhkir throughout the day instead of doing things like listening to music

All your problems and anxiety’s and worry’s will be solved with worship. this will also motivate you to practice more and get closer to allah

Omar del Sur

علم السلف > علم الخلف
VIP
if you go without praying for a long time, I believe you should say the shahadah to be on the safe side. leaving the prayer to my knowledge is apostasy. however, I think there's a dispute as to what constitutes leaving the prayer. I think the Hanbalis view missing one prayer without a valid excuse as apostasy. and I think the other schools believe it's apostasy if you don't pray at all, not if you just miss one prayer.

For me anytime I struggled with my deen there was some underlying issue in my life that was causing me problems. So I would go on YouTube to find a video of a sheikh giving advice about that particular issue

Usually the advice I’d get from those videos would help me address the underlying issue. Once I address that issue, I’d find my iman comeback

My suggestion to you is to reflect on your life and see if there’s anything that is bothering you. Try to think about what was going on in your life when you lost your faith. Then look for videos of sheikhs giving advice on how to deal with those issues. I find that when you address the underlying problems in your life, other things start to fix themselves

Hold yourself accountable but be patient. Focus on the things that are in your control and inshallah everything will work itself out