How do i know that im inside a simulation and all you guys are just fake information?

my m8 has this same theory, everyone is acting and this world is designed to deceive him alone.Kinda narcissistic way of thinking ngl

You know there is something called 'procedural generation' in computer games where data is only created when you interact with it, it saves memory, so basically whenever you look at something it starts existing. So distant objects shouldnt exist if the universe is an effient and memory-saving simulation. This is similar to quantum physics.

Efficiency is strongly part of physics and mathematics where the universe is always minimizing waste, so i think simulation hypotthesis is very possible.

But why does the universe have to save memory if only observed objects exist? It begs the question of whether the computer that runs the simulation is subject to our own phyisical limitations in our universe...

my m8 has this same theory, everyone is acting and this world is designed to deceive him alone.Kinda narcissistic way of thinking ngl
with me it probably began after watching the matrix, i was a parnoid kid after that, spying on people ready to exposte their fake acting lol

Ultimate proof is the extreme detail of in this world , and every action has an opposite reaction, and everything has a complex reaction try it out

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Reminds me of the last thursday theorem. Everything in this world came to existence last thursday, including the fossils, artifacts and our memories.

Has completely no basis and just random but it’s still impossible to prove.

Our reality consists entirely of our senses and memory. Our senses perceive our reality and our memories record them. But both of these can be altered.

What if told you have exactly 13 brothers but you forget them only when you read this text or think of this text. Once you stop reading or stop thinking of this text you’ll remember your 13 brothers but will immediately forget about them once you read this again. Now can you say for 109% I’m lying and that you don’t have 13 brothers?

What about if someone told you that they’ll extract your brain, put it in a jar and inject wires. They’ll completely erase all your memories and the wires will send electro signals to make your brain think you’re seeing, smelling, and feeling. To your brain you’re living a real life. Is that reality in the jar any more real than your current reality? Do you even know rn that you’re not in the jar at the moment?

The only existence you can definitely prove is yours. Even if everyone else is fake, you are real. Maybe not your current body, but your existence. “I think therefore I am”. For you to even experience a fake reality or be in a simulation, you would have to exist in the first place.

I took a philosophy course in grade 12, a very fun and interesting course except for the long essays.

Caaro

2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
with me it probably began after watching the matrix, i was a parnoid kid after that, spying on people ready to exposte their fake acting lol
If you really were in a simulation and got a glitch in the matrix. The matrix would just wipe your memories as if you never saw it. Maybe you’ve probably seen tons of crazy stuff but just don’t remember.

Reminds me of the last thursday theorem. Everything in this world came to existence last thursday, including the fossils, artifacts and our memories.

Has completely no basis and just random but it’s still impossible to prove.

Our reality consists entirely of our senses and memory. Our senses perceive our reality and our memories record them. But both of these can be altered.

What if told you have exactly 13 brothers but you forget them only when you read this text or think of this text. Once you stop reading or stop thinking of this text you’ll remember your 13 brothers but will immediately forget about them once you read this again. Now can you say for 109% I’m lying and that you don’t have 13 brothers?

What about if someone told you that they’ll extract your brain, put it in a jar and inject wires. They’ll completely erase all your memories and the wires will send electro signals to make your brain think you’re seeing, smelling, and feeling. To your brain you’re living a real life. Is that reality in the jar any more real than your current reality? Do you even know rn that you’re not in the jar at the moment?

The only existence you can definitely prove is yours. Even if everyone else is fake, you are real. Maybe not your current body, but your existence. “I think therefore I am”. For you to even experience a fake reality or be in a simulation, you would have to exist in the first place.

I took a philosophy course in grade 12, a very fun and interesting course except for the long essays.
What really got me thinking is the movie The Mandela Effect, it beautifully combines computer science and quantum physics with simulation hypotthsis. And some smart computer scientists like Rizwan Virk talk about the same thing.

I can definitely agree that some 'thinking' is occuring and therefore i must exist to some extent. But do i stop existing when im asleep? Im still not sure about 'cogito ergo sum'.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
That only proves he’s real, doesn’t prove you’re real at all.

The fact that he is asking a forum full of faceless randoms let alone his family and friends proves that he doubts it.

Furthermore, if this was a simulation then why would this theory already exist. Wouldn’t the creators of the simulation make it as hard as possible for you to “find out the truth”.

Because if you think about it, if you believe that you’re the only real person in this simulation then that means the person you heard this theory from is simulated.

So why would the simulation give you the answer?

Caaro

2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
What really got me thinking is the movie The Mandela Effect, it beautifully combines computer science and quantum physics with simulation hypotthsis. And some smart computer scientists like Rizwan Virk talk about the same thing.

I can definitely agree that some 'thinking' is occuring and therefore i must exist to some extent. But do i stop existing when im asleep? Im still not sure about 'cogito ergo sum'.
The only thing you can prove is your current existence. Just like the last thursday theory, you can’t even prove you existed last wednesday let alone when you’re asleep.

Think about it, when you go to sleep do you even experience sleep? At most dreams, but you mostly forget it. In your mind you closed and opened your eyes. For all you know you blipped out of existence for those 8 hours, or a more freaky perspective, you came to existence this morning and took the memory of the last person who disappeared last night.

Case in point, you can only know you exist at this moment, not in the past or future. When you go to sleep you’re not experiencing it since you don’t sense it or create any memories, if you did you’re not fully asleep.

Caaro

2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
The fact that he is asking a forum full of faceless randoms let alone his family and friends proves that he doubts it.

Furthermore, if this was a simulation then why would this theory already exist. Wouldn’t the creators of the simulation make it as hard as possible for you to “find out the truth”.

Because if you think about it, if you believe that you’re the only real person in this simulation then that means the person you heard this theory from is simulated.

So why would the simulation give you the answer?
The creators have made it hard by bringing you here to gaslight him into thinking he’s in a simulation. You’re contradicting yourself, if you can “prove” to him he’s not in a simulation wouldn’t that be exactly what the simulators want, what if they’re trying to see if he can figure out he’s in a simulation and using him as a guinea pig.

Also, just because he’s asking us doesn’t mean we exist. If a lunatic asks their imaginary buddy if he’s real, does that make him real? What kind of logic is “we exist because you’re talking to us”.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
The creators have made it hard by bringing you here to gaslight him into thinking he’s in a simulation. You’re contradicting yourself, if you can “prove” to him he’s not in a simulation wouldn’t that be exactly what the simulators want, what if they’re trying to see if he can figure out he’s in a simulation and using him as a guinea pig.

Also, just because he’s asking us doesn’t mean we exist. If a lunatic asks their imaginary buddy if he’s real, does that make him real? What kind of logic is “we exist because you’re talking to us”.

Is it really gaslighting if someone had no idea that they were in a simulation until the simulation brought up the possibility?

What would make sense is if the person already had an inkling or suspicion and the simulation played along.

However, the latter isn’t the case.

As for your point about the asking if it’s real.

My point wasn’t that “we exist because you talk to us”. My point is that he believes we exist by bringing this up to us.

If a lunatic asks his imaginary buddy if it’s real, then that means that the lunatic believes it’s real.

Caaro

2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Is it really gaslighting if someone had no idea that they were in a simulation until the simulation brought up the possibility?

What would make sense is if the person already had an inkling or suspicion and the simulation played along.

However, the latter isn’t the case.

As for your point about the asking if it’s real.

My point wasn’t that “we exist because you talk to us”. My point is that he believes we exist by bringing this up to us.

If a lunatic asks his imaginary buddy if it’s real, then that means that the lunatic believes it’s real.
I get your point now lol, but he didn’t ask if he believes, he asked how can he know.

What you think and what you know can be two completely different things.

Also me saying you were gaslighting was just a joke lol.

Caaro

2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Well...to start with Basra is the crazy troll that makes u feel REAL and SANE. So there. I am your proof.
Basra there are very few people less sane than you who have ever walked this earth.

You’d make Jeffery Dahmer look sane.

Trending