How do I increase my iman?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had many things going on in my life....my outlook on things changed. For better or worse I do not know yet.
Taking a look at what others have told you so far there's some common stuff here.

@HornerUnionist says talk to an imam and being exposed to more Islamic thought
@sigmund says brainwash yourself
@Basra says brainwash yourself
@Wardheere says think about your blessings do charity and read quran thoroughly
@zeinap83 says read quran and talk to Allah
@Ameen is the most honest Muslim here
@UpRightDown says do good deeds

A lot of reading the Quran involved. But you've done that already. Even in Arabic. Doing good deeds is nice and all but doesn't make you more likely to believe Muhammad was talking to angels or even that any god exists. You might feel better about yourself but it isn't going to have an effect on believing Islam as the one true religion.

The only thing that can increase your imaan the way you would like doesn't really exist. This is why you're not getting responses focused on evidence. If someone was doubting the Earth was round, my advice wouldn't be to hang around other round Earth believers or do good deeds, it would be purely evidence for why the Earth is round. This is what you want right? Pure evidence about both god's existence and Islam's validity? This like Ameen says doesn't exist. He's managed to stay a Muslim even without it so I guess it is technically possible.

I have the same issue for more than a decade wlhi. I ask myself too much questions then it comes to my faith and God and the other problem I have is I don't fear of questioning myself, even if it's a sin.

I have the same issue for more than a decade wlhi. I ask myself too much questions then it comes to my faith and God and the other problem I have is I don't fear of questioning myself, even if it's a sin.
That's a good attitude to have. Don't worry about doubting, there's also no reason it should be a sin. If someone comes to you claiming to have received the word of God and also told you that doubting him was a sin, that would make that person look a bit suspicious.

You're the first Muslim I've seen so far apart from Dr. Yasir Qadhi who was willing to admit that. There was someone on this forum who said they believe out of blind faith but didn't say anything about there being no proof for Islam.

What makes you a Muslim if you don't think there's any more proof to Islam than believing in any other religion? Why does Allah reward those who believe in things without evidence? Why is gullibility a virtue? Do you think it might just be something someone made up to get more followers to his religion?
Basically it's the only religion that makes sense to me and I've experienced very personal signs I can't explain that lead me to believe the Islam is real and not fabricated. But who knows? I could be as delusional as the followers of other religions.

>Why does Allah reward those who believe in things without evidence? Why is gullibility a virtue?

I have no idea. I wish nobody went to hell except for truly heinous people.

You're the first Muslim I've seen so far apart from Dr. Yasir Qadhi who was willing to admit that. There was someone on this forum who said they believe out of blind faith but didn't say anything about there being no proof for Islam.

What makes you a Muslim if you don't think there's any more proof to Islam than believing in any other religion? Why does Allah reward those who believe in things without evidence? Why is gullibility a virtue? Do you think it might just be something someone made up to get more followers to his religion?
Btw where does Yasir Qadhi say that?

Btw where does Yasir Qadhi say that?

In this video he makes a similar response that you gave. That at a point in time it comes down to just having faith. That there is a point where you have to admit you aren't being rational in your belief but just having it anyway.

@Kafir Prove to me how god can't exist?
With scientific evidence.
Prove to me that I don't have a unicorn in my attic. Also if you check my attic the unicorn dissapears. Do you believe me? Prove to me otherwise.

I'm not asserting to you that there is no god. I'm telling you that I don't believe in one. Why? Because there just isn't any evidence for one. You don't believe in something first and then ask for positive evidence in the other direction. You start by not believing, get evidence, and then believe in something. Does that make sense?

Prove to me that I don't have a unicorn in my attic. Also if you check my attic the unicorn dissapears. Do you believe me? Prove to me otherwise.

I'm not asserting to you that there is no god. I'm telling you that I don't believe in one. Why? Because there just isn't any evidence for one. You don't believe in something first and then ask for positive evidence in the other direction. You start by not believing, get evidence, and then believe in something. Does that make sense?
This argument is pretty philosophical, I can tell you how did space and time existed by one point without any disturbance. You can say I don't know because you don't know, because we all fear of the unknown.

I believe in Allah.

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
I am going through a crisis of faith right now guys and I need help.

Make dua for it, seriously.

Allah is the changer of hearts, ask Him for it.

Also read Quran regularly, the Quran is predominantly the most useful for people who are already believers. It increases your faith, and steadies your heart.

Is anyone going to give any genuine answers or not? I knew I was making a mistake posting this on somali spot.

Kafir
Samira
Aussiehustler
Knowles
Amun
Doug foug
Love the light
Jennifer
Toxique

U have to get rid of this people and secondly read the Quran with its meanings and there is dua for this kind of situations u going through its not nothing but the shaytaan making u hear his waswaas! And listen to this scholars
Sheikh mufti menk, noman ali khan, sheikh umul, and there are many good scholars go to YouTube subscribe to daily reminder, prophets path, merciful servant!!

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
There is a beautiful dua prophet used to say alahum ya muqalib Al qolob thabit qalbi cala deenik it means oh Allah changer of hearts make my heart firm on your deen

This is powerful, in a recent Jumuah our local sheikh mentioned this in the khutbah.
Everyone should say it regularly after salaat.

This is powerful, in a recent Jumuah our local sheikh mentioned this in the khutbah.
Everyone should say it regularly after salaat.
Walahi I'm not that good of a Muslim this thread has woken me up inshallah I will try to be better or I may end up with doubts

Blade1

Ashy Abdi Representative
Tbh keep the quran close. For me when I read for ayats and the meaning and interpretations it helped me from being taken astray from other misconstrued interpretations to suit their life. When such small things like the sunnah and how now people find the health benefits to things like sleeping on your right side specifically since left side doenst give any benefits. The fact that a Japanese guy got a nobel prize for finding research to support his claim that fasting for 20+ days 10-12 hours reduces likelihood of getting cancer cells spreading since because our body has more time to fight faulty cells instead of breaking down food.
There's many more such as praying etc but I don't know where your iman level is.

This channel interests me
Also ask family questions you're unsure of the prophet muhammad s.a.w encouraged asking questions for anything your unsure about

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
Walahi I'm not that good of a Muslim this thread has woken me up inshallah I will try to be better or I may end up with doubts

Try and get 4 pages of Quran read daily, and ask Allah to set your heart on the deen.

Hadith on importance of asking Allah regularly;

Abu al-‘Abbas ‘Abdullah bin ‘Abbas(ra) reports:
“One day I was riding (a horse/camel) behind the Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, when he said,

‘Young man, I will teach you some words. Be mindful of God, and He will take care of you. Be mindful of Him, and you shall find Him at your side.

If you ask, ask of God.

If you need help, seek it from God.

Know that if the whole world were to gather together in order to help you, they would not be able to help you except if God had written so.
And if the whole world were to gather together in order to harm you, they would not harm you except if God had written so. The pens have been lifted, and the pages are dry.’ ”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts