How did your parents meet

Status
Not open for further replies.

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
I didn't ask but my dad one day introducing me to one of his good friends mentioned that he met my mom through him as they were the same tribe.
He was a port officer in Xamar and she was a girl from Kismaayo.

dr.leorio

death\emitter
My dad was a tanker for the SNA so he had ties to the U.S\Canada for training purposes so he simply went back to his home town, asked about the prettiest lightskin tall girl in GabreDahir and simply proposed to her by promising to take her overseas. The rest was history.

Creepy as f*ck asking your parents how did they meet:heh:

It depends. If both are from miyiga/baadiye, no need to ask. If they are city people, they usually volunteer the info at the dinner table as they chat with you and you are the oldest kid.

My parents used to outdo each other in telling their love story to me. Why do you think I am such a hit with the ladies myself?

:lolbron:

Apollo

VIP
Same class of people who moved from Bari to Bay. But they are unrelated, confirmed with Suugo Science analysis of my genetics file on 23andMe (I have no inbred ROHs (Runs of homozygosity) on my whole genome).

Same class of people who moved from Bari to Bay. But they are unrelated, confirmed with Suugo Science analysis of my genetics file on 23andMe (I have no inbred ROHs (Runs of homozygosity) on my whole genome).
:ooh: I see you were destined to be a europhile even before you were born:salute:

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP
School. My dad was my mom second choice.
:damn:

Also if everyone here has some connection to xamar why am I the only one who seems to know about the culture expressions etc? If you're parents are ciyaal xamar they'll of grown up a certain way (regardless of qabil) but I've yet to anyone on here who fits the description.

:fantasia2:

Also if everyone here has some connection to xamar why am I the only one who seems to know about the culture expressions etc? If you're parents are ciyaal xamar they'll of grown up a certain way (regardless of qabil) but I've yet to anyone on here who fits the description.

My parents only spent a few years there tops so definitely not ciyaal xamar, lol @ 2nd choice.

All love stories don't happen in schools xaajiyo, some guys stake out a position somewhere else.

What specific culture expressions due to muqdisho roots do you express better than others?

I am curious. And your name choice, what is the story behind it? If you don't mind answering.

Last edited:

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP
All love stories don't happen in schools xaajiyo, some guys stake out a position somewhere else.

What specific culture expressions due to muqdisho roots do you express better than others?

I am curious. And your name choice, what is the story behind it?

:damedamn: I gave away too many details on this site eg: my qabil, my grandmothers qabil, my mothers hometown, my fathers hometown, etc etc

It was just a way for me to keep a low profile.

Lol I can't give you a great description of the ciyaal xamar parents but it's just lil things you know? Your hooyo with the beauty case, the random peppered Italian words, certain foods, your father with long hair and most likely your parents /another one of your family members smoke cigs. The qabil obsessions with the majority of the posters is a dead giveaway for badiyo/villlage roots (not qabyalaad but the deep knowledge of your lineage, my father can't even remember his full abtirsi).

:damedamn: I gave away too many details on this site eg: my qabil, my grandmothers qabil, my mothers hometown, my fathers hometown, etc etc

It was just a way for me to keep a low profile.

Lol I can't give you a great description of the ciyaal xamar parents but it's just lil things you know? Your hooyo with the beauty case, the random peppered Italian words, certain foods, your father with long hair and most likely your parents /another one of your family members smoke cigs. The qabil obsessions with the majority of the posters is a dead giveaway for badiyo/villlage roots (not qabyalaad but the deep knowledge of your lineage, my father can't even remember his full abtirsi).

I understand sis, privacy is important. You can get personal with people you like or trust in private anyway, so it makes sense to limit what you put out in public and the desire to remain anonymous. It is all cool. Most certainly, I am not interested in people's clans. It has no worth to me, mine and theirs equally. By culture, people from Muqdisho weren't too interested in clans but friendships and who they knew from school, from work and who had similar interests as them. They transmitted that attitude to their children. You are one of those products apparently. Unfortunately, you can't say hi to anyone without them wanting to know what clan you belong to today. We live in a world taken over by people who had no background in civil society and who were nomadic. They are the ones who rule every inch of Somalia(Hargaysa included). The posters here are mostly the by product of clans ran amuck. . Things are in reverse.

You have guys hitting up girls based on clan, or ones saying they would not marry a girl from another clan because so and so happens between their clans. It is totally upside down universe where what used to be shunned by city people and considered to be ignorant is now the norm and celebrated

Hence, Somalia being suffocated and dead in its own blood.

Last edited:
Is it bad that I genuienly do not know?

No. It is good to know however. Your mom may open up to you and tell you her story. What a better a way to have at least half an hour of chat with your mom about her life. You can then share the story with your kids in the future.

There is the risk of being dismissed by one of the parents because they aren't interested in talking about it. So try the other. Dads are always interested to brag about how they got their wife.

So try him first.

My dad sometimes would stop me as I enter the house with mom sitting around the corner looking at us both, he would dramatically hold my hand and stop me on my tracks as if to prevent me from crossing a train track to set the stage and then would say to me: Hey dad, did your mom told you how impressive I was and how much she liked me? It was all laughter from there on and mom denying she was in love and would turn the tables on him by saying he was the one begging for her hand. He did this usually when he was about to leave home for the evening. It was easy for us kids to see their affection for one another. They competed to tell us their stories. Actions like that leave good memories behind for the kids and fondness for their parents. Our society is rigid and nomadic. Only one or two generation escaped briefly from the harshness of the culture and now we are back to it in full force utilizing modern tools like a pc to disseminate same nomadic harsh lifestyle. Most of us are so proud of their ignorance lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.