How did your family get to the west?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xaruun

VIP
My father was an international student in Italy so he already lived outside of Somalia,
As for my mother , her family fled to Kenya, the marriage was arranged by her father who was my father’s high school teacher in xamar
awoowe hooked up his favourite student with a baddie :ohhhdamn:
What a based awoowe

Dad was high ranking soldier in the ethiopian war. After that he worked at the UN and had to travel to many countries. After my oldest sister was born in 1990 in xamar the family left to Canada and stayed there until after 1993 when my second sister was born. Then the small family of 4 moved to Washington and shortly after to Minnesota because of the somali population. And in 1999 my dad started an immigration consultancy in karmel mall

Royalflush

novacane
Dad was high ranking soldier in the ethiopian war. After that he worked at the UN and had to travel to many countries. After my oldest sister was born in 1990 in xamar the family left to Canada and stayed there until after 1993 when my second sister was born. Then the small family of 4 moved to Washington and shortly after to Minnesota because of the somali population. And in 1999 my dad started an immigration consultancy in karmel mall
You travelled a lot must’ve been nice
If he was a high ranking officer was he MX?

IGotDaAnswers

jUst keeping it REAL homie
Ain’t that your mum your talking about
giphy.gif
No my stepmother

my biological mother died in child labour aun😢

Lostbox

「Immortal Sage」| Qabil-fluid
VIP
My grandparents in my mother side left Somalia in the 60s and moved Italy. Not idea when my dad side left

Jiron

wanaag
NABADOON
VIP
My habaryar and awoowe came to the U.S shortly after the war, and then they sponsored the rest of the family. I was a toddler when the war happened and even though I don't have memory of the events, my mom sometimes shares her experience of that painful era specially when our truck flipped upside down. Alx everyone survived but one man legs were crushed. Life has it's ups and downs, we should always remember there's always light that will guide us from darkness :)

My parents were eating good as skilled workers in the khaleej, and then decided it was time to join the crowd of Somali refugees rushing to the west.

They both kinda regret their decision.

If you lived in Mogadishu and had a middle class job you would’ve immediately got a first class flight to Italy then to rest of Europe. But most of you just claim to be from xamar.

My parents left well before the war. They had plans to go back, but once Somalia became unstable, they couldn't go back they decided to stay in Europe and make a life here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending