How did the Europeans Conquer Africa so Quickly? 1895-1903 Documentary(Somali Resistance featured)

Manafesto

[[Puntland Republic 🇸🇱]]PIM[[C.S(BihinYusuf)]
VIP
HalimoEnthusiast
21:40

Sayid Mohamed CXasan,Daraawiishta,Kenadiid,Boqor Osman and the Warsengli Sultan's fighting against the Colonizers all got featured on this episode, the great Biimaal revolt and an Sh. Al-Barawi and others were also mentioned.

Wow, great and informative ong video, I only watched the video to see how long it will take for Somali to accepted the colonization, but damn we were the first few country in the african continent to submit to colonizers and welcome them into their land with the least resistance (this before Sayidka and Dariiwshiita.

Any way I wonder why it for the westerners to capture Somaliweyn before Western African countries with Rich minerals and daimonds,Mashalah kudos to Somali colonial times warriros all of them, Sayidka,Daraawiishta,Kenadiid,Boqor Osman and the Warsengli Sultan, they are legends Mashalah, they should have a monument for all of them.😄🤣

Europeans conquered Africa in the 19th century because they had better organisation and advanced weaponry. Taking possession of the continent was akin to taking nacnac from a baby to the Euros.

reer

VIP
Europeans conquered Africa in the 19th century because they had better organisation and advanced weaponry. Taking possession of the continent was akin to taking nacnac from a baby to the Euros.
and also they had experience from asia. people forget europe colonized parts of asia way before they went to africa.

El Nino

Cabsi cabsi
VIP
Why Europeans conquered Africa easily was because of 2 reasons.

1. Worse technology. Africans did not possess weapons or cannons.

2. The local population did not fight back enough and some even sided with the colonisers.

Yahya

2020 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Africans failed to keep up with the arms race which is very crucial if a successful defence is to be attempted.

Look at the classic example when the hyksos invaded ancient egypt and drove them into an allaince with their southern brethren in the land of nubia in order to expel the coastal people from the northern regions who were better equip for battle and invented chariots to cut down the infantrymen.

Sayid Mohamed CXasan,Daraawiishta,Kenadiid,Boqor Osman and the Warsengli Sultan's fighting against the Colonizers all got featured on this episode, the great Biimaal revolt and an Sh. Al-Barawi and others were also mentioned.

Wow, great and informative ong video, I only watched the video to see how long it will take for Somali to accepted the colonization, but damn we were the first few country in the african continent to submit to colonizers and welcome them into their land with the least resistance (this before Sayidka and Dariiwshiita.

Any way I wonder why it for the westerners to capture Somaliweyn before Western African countries with Rich minerals and daimonds,Mashalah kudos to Somali colonial times warriros all of them, Sayidka,Daraawiishta,Kenadiid,Boqor Osman and the Warsengli Sultan, they are legends Mashalah, they should have a monument for all of them.😄🤣
These Europeans were studying Africa earlier on. Their plan to takeover started long before the scramble for Africa. They sent their people to gain knowledge in many areas starting from the 1400s if not earlier. With the riches and lavish lives some Africans were living, they saw Africa as the way to reach their educational and economic ambitions (resources, raw material, including whole humans smh ).

East Africans Muslims and other African kingdoms were threat to Christianity and this gave them more of a need to break us down quicker (Ahmed Gurey and his warriors), again with Sayid Mohamed etc.

I’m sure they used the divide and conquer technique with some siding with them. My grandmother named a few clans lol, Not gonna name any though. We were almost unstoppable when we came together under Islam. However these guys knew our weakness, tribalism and hunger for power. Used to benefit everyone but the ordinary citizen.

They were smarter, had better weapons, and were more organised, all of this remains true today.

If Europe decided to colonize Africa again right now, they would succeed.

GemState

36/21
VIP
They were smarter, had better weapons, and were more organised, all of this remains true today.

If Europe decided to colonize Africa again right now, they would succeed.
They could never hold onto it, not enough people. Europe could have made Africa a SouthAmerica2.0 from 1870-1950 but thankfully they killed each other in the tens of millions and bankrupted themselves.
1649436494643.png

They could never hold onto it, not enough people. Europe could have made Africa a SouthAmerica2.0 from 1870-1950 but thankfully they killed each other in the tens of millions and bankrupted themselves.
View attachment 219528
They can hold on to most of it with a small professional army, there have many cases in history where smaller groups dominated larger ones. The Seljuk Turks, the Arabs in their early conquests, The Macedonians in Ancient Persia etc.

Africans might try to revolt if colonialism is reintroduced but probably would not be able to make the European rulers leave by force. Political power comes out from the barrel of a gun.

Som

VIP
In the case of Somalia the colonizers used the divide and conquer technique by making somalis fight other somalis and they also bribed local sultans.
Examples: Benadir was never conquered by force, the region was under the sultan of Zanzibar who ruled it jointly with local Somali clans. The Italians payed the sultan and the somali elders to take control of Xamar and surrounding regions.
2) Hobyo and MJ sultanates accepted the Italian protectorate and agreed to initially fight against the Sayyid, when they realized Italians wanted to incorporate them into the somalia italiana colony they rebelled but it was already too late

Africa was conquered last compared to South America , North America and Australia because these lands didn't have as much diseases I think one time 1000 British soldiers landed in West Africa, and 95% of the soldiers basically died to disease.

Trending