How did Somalis come up with Banana and Bariis?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dalmoor

Hiatus✅ 1/18/21- ?
VIP
Yeah in Ramadan, you never tried it.. That's nice combo..
I don't eat 'em together, but ok!

Damn! That's tuff! Plain bariis with dates only
tenor.gif

:ummhmsmiley:
Araweelo,dhegdheer,Waaq ,tiniix tincaws spirits bashaaling in our genes brought up this marvellous combo.

What's the authentic banana name in Somali language?
Rather than
Moos,Mawz,Muus is all Arabic.
:cosbyhmm:

Last edited:

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
Better question, do you pronounce it in your house as "mawss" or "muus"??:farmajoyaab:

Muji

VIP
Whenever I eat biryani rice in restaurants I always think what a waste of good baris since it’s missing the key igredient :rolleyes:

I used to eat baaris with banana and dates..Damn those calories, but it was valuable since i was fasting lmao

The banana can go with rice as something to cool down the buusbaas. But if youve got biriyani or good rice with chicken or xaniid. The banana is not needed

Dalmoor

Hiatus✅ 1/18/21- ?
VIP
It depends, if I'm around men I say moos, but to chicks I can say muuska ma rabta :pachah1:
Their is certain ettiquete even when eating it in the magaahi

Nigga's eating banana like peanuts or dried fruits.

Some of 'em say that if you start eatimg a banana vertically, yo officially gayy... you have to say "no homo" before doing that..... funny sh!t :dead1::dead1::dead::dead:

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
Whenever I eat biryani rice in restaurants I always think what a waste of good baris since it’s missing the key igredient :rolleyes:
I once asked for banana at this Indian restaurant, they looked at me if I asked them for their liver or kidneys.

When did Somalis discover it was delicious to eat rice and banana together?
U do know that banana and baris is not only a Somali thing,right ?:wow:

Don't let the uncultured Jamaicans gass you up, banana and baris is common in other African countries as well

Dalmoor

Hiatus✅ 1/18/21- ?
VIP
U do know that banana and baris is not only a Somali thing,right ?:wow:

Don't let the uncultured Jamaicans gass you up, banana and baris is common in other African countries as well
That's plantain:kodaksmiley: and some weird stuffs they eat there. (Cooked moos):susp:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending