How did Bantus come to Somalia?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
Bantus wouldn't had survived in Somalia if we didn't want them around.

Seems like Hawiye remnants of the Sultan of Geledi used them as farmers as I can't seem them farm myself.

It probably started all the way back in the Ajuuran sultanate.

Nightline Kid

Hippo Crate
They were brought over as slaves by the Arabs. When the Italians came they abolished slavery but it was still practiced in rural areas well into the 30s or 40s. The Italians attempted to have Somalis work on their plantations but Somalis were adverse to it so they used Bantus instead, further pushing a form of slavery

What I want to know is how they are treated in the current day. Are they treated better or worse than groups like the Madhibaan and Tumaal?

Bantu was a distinction created by nonprofit organizations to distinguish differing needs of Somalis...the term is a fairly new term ( from the late 80s earl 90s)... I think to say all people who don't have the stereotypical somali features are Bantu that were brought in as slaves is problematic...it erases history -and destroys narratives. Who came up with this ideology and who do you think it benefits?
No ,currently indentifying as a potent Zulu warrior .
That said ,the Bantus you were referring to were bought to Somalia by Omanis.

Bantu was a distinction created by nonprofit organizations to distinguish differing needs of Somalis...the term is a fairly new term ( from the late 80s earl 90s)... I think to say all people who don't have the stereotypical somali features are Bantu that were brought in as slaves is problematic...it erases history -and destroys narratives. Who came up with this ideology and who do you think it benefits?

You are preaching that SJW mumbo-jumbo Dirac science .I don't care about narratives or white man conspiracy theories .

So called Somali -Bantus are well
Known and they have clan names and umbrella ethnic group names in the Somali language and In their own dialects .

We are talking about recent history and even they know where they originally came from. Please separate history and SJW romanticism .No one has claimed that anyone with so-called Madow features are all ex-Slaves ,as even some Somalis have those features .What is being claimed is that the people who are referred to as Somali Bantus are mainly descendants of slaves from South East Africa . The only Bantus who bordered or lived in areas taken over by Somalis are the Bajuni people ;they are not referred as Somali Bantus .

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member

Somalis were historically socially endogamous and made a clear distinction between ethnic and non-ethnic people living in Somalia. Even the Oromo were enslaved by Somalis however they were easily integrated into Somali tribes the Bantu were excluded from this for the most part (there are a few outliers in recent years).
Your average ethnic Somali has zero West-Central African DNA (a proxy for Bantu). This is also substantiated by genetics, anthropology and linguistics. In fact, most of East Africa was inhabited by Southern Cushites, who brought with them pastrolism and agriculture. The Bantu expanision from West Africa occurred in the past 2000 years but never reached the Horn of Africa.

Last edited:
What is Mumbo -jumbo about anything I said? There are some Somali Bantus who fight for the recognition that they weren't brought over as slaves and that this country was theirs all along...Somali Bantu is new term...it's not a common sense distinct natural identity. If some were brought over to work ...could there be others who would be seen as Bantu today but have lived in Somalia all along?
You are preaching that SJW mumbo-jumbo Dirac science .I don't care about narratives or whit man conspiracy theories .

So called Somali -Bantus are well
Known and they have clan names and umbrella ethnic group names in the Somali language and I their own dialects .

We are talking about recent history and even they know where they originally came from. Please separate history and SJW romanticism .No one has claimed that anyone with so-called Madow features are all ex-Slaves ,as even some Somalis have those features .What is being claimed is that the people who are referred to as Somali Bantus are mainly descendants of slaves from South East Africa .

What is Mumbo -jumbo about anything I said? There are some Somali Bantus who fight for the recognition that they weren't brought over as slaves and that this country was theirs all along...Somali Bantu is new term...it's not a common sense distinct natural identity. If some were brought over to work ...could there be others who would be seen as Bantu today but have lived in Somalia all along?
It could be , however the oral ,linguistic and genetic evidence suggests otherwise .

Odeg

Gedo
Somalia is not their original homeland and the bantu expansion didnt reach Somalia. The only way they could come was during the slave trade and they were forced to come. They even have their own language and you can see in what language family it is and with who they are related https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zigula_language

With that said I like Somali bantu. They are generally kind patriotic people.

Professor

The name is Professor, Haji Professor
stop with the history revision. Bantu of negroids never lived in somalia previously and were brought to somalia in the last 150 years to 70 years ago. The people who lived in the south before the somalis were an of Afro-Asiatic stock and they have long gone. The other plausible population were oromo who were ,if lived in somalia, pushed out by the somalis due to the north to South migration. Bantus have never been natives to somali and never will they only arrived in places like Kenya and burundi in the last 2000 years. Even the south east of africa was once inhabited by cushtics like this man before the Bantus arrived.
220px-Iraqw_Man.jpg
this man is iraqw an cushtics who lived in places like rwandan and Tanzania. They no longer exists. Due to the being assimilated into bantu groups. I.M Lewis the authority of somali history has even established that every somali Bantu was brought to somalia as slaves and were never natives. STOP FUCKING BULLSHITING.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP

Problematic kulahha kkkkk

Bantus are not even native to East Africa, let alone Somalia. They are recent immigrants from West Africa ~ 2000 years ago.

All I know is my great generous his royal highness grandfather freed slaves. He was a good hearted, kind man.

But what I want to know is how did they end up in Somalia in the first place.

Who brought them to Somalia? The Brits? Italians? Arabs?
Who is this grandfather you are talking about?

Xooshdheere

how do i use this
They were brought over as slaves by the Arabs. When the Italians came they abolished slavery but it was still practiced in rural areas well into the 30s or 40s. The Italians attempted to have Somalis work on their plantations but Somalis were adverse to it so they used Bantus instead, further pushing a form of slavery

What I want to know is how they are treated in the current day. Are they treated better or worse than groups like the Madhibaan and Tumaal?
discrimination? they are all over southern Somalia and are basically the govt. (AMISOM)
since Somalis are primitive tribe obsessed ppl, they would hire a Bantu over an ethnic Somalis because of which tribe you are from :gucciwhat: basically replacing ethnic Somalis with foreigners...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts