How did Adzuki beans become part of somali cuisine

Status
Not open for further replies.
These beans are native to East Asia so how did they we come to know of them.
Is it a new addition to our diet?
Was it brought over by the Europeans?
Or is it maybe because of ancient trade with that part of the world.
Or am I just confusing these beans with other ones
Somebody help me out here

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adzuki_bean

Last edited:
Cheap import product, I guess. The bean is rich in nutrients, such as fiber, protein and manganese, making it easier to feed more people with a less economic burden. Naturally, it became part of Somali cuisine.

More food variations make the immune system stronger, and it's a good cost-effective alternative for predominantly poor people with fewer options. Just like plain rise and Asians, it last longer. But beans can be stored indefinitely.

Just a guess.

Last edited:
Cheap import product, I guess. The bean is rich in nutrients, such as fiber, protein and manganese, making it easier to feed more people with a less economic burden. Naturally, it became part of Somali cuisine.

More food variations make the immune system stronger, and it's a good cost-effective alternative for predominantly poor people with fewer options. Just like plain rise and Asians, it last longer. But beans can be stored indefinitely.

Just a guess.
So it's a new thing then. 20th century I guess

break it down for me give me top 3 biggest warsangeli subclan saxiib
Biggest is Reer Garaad. Estimates put them at about 40k men. Second is rest of Bah Majerteen.
Adan Sicid. Jibreel Ahmed. Bihi ido-or. Bahogayslabe. Reer Salax. Reer haji. Gashaanbuur. Muxumed. Cabdiraxim. Ali fiqi. Ali Sammater. Jibreel Sicid. Warlabe. These are all big tribes. With the smallest being jibreel sicid with 5k men. Then there is a whole lot of yaryar. These were cumar.
Osman ibrahim are neither cumar nor dubays. They mostly reside in the south. Cawrmale and righaye, garweyn. Called 5 bah falagosto. Kismayo area and around there.

Dubais are very big and have their own division you probably know more.

Guts

Bosaso iyo Bandar Siyada
VIP
Biggest is Reer Garaad. Estimates put them at about 40k men. Second is rest of Bah Majerteen.
Adan Sicid. Jibreel Ahmed. Bihi ido-or. Bahogayslabe. Reer Salax. Reer haji. Gashaanbuur. Muxumed. Cabdiraxim. Ali fiqi. Ali Sammater. Jibreel Sicid. Warlabe. These are all big tribes. With the smallest being jibreel sicid with 5k men. Then there is a whole lot of yaryar. These were cumar.
Osman ibrahim are neither cumar nor dubays. They mostly reside in the south. Cawrmale and righaye, garweyn. Called 5 bah falagosto. Kismayo area and around there.

Dubais are very big and have their own division you probably know more.
thanks for the information i appriecate it, when you said you have bigger population than my clan you were obvs lying

Guts

Bosaso iyo Bandar Siyada
VIP
Cool.
Qaw is your native home.
How was i lying when i said my tribe was bigger than yours
Yeah we own north western bari, we are scattered around nugaal, mudug, bari and other parts of somalia thats why people think we are small.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts