How common is a Plant-based lifestyle among Somalis?

Veganism isn't a religion so i had say do not limit your dating options. You will find plenty of Somali men who would accept and respect your dietray choice. Let em eat their meat and you can cook yourself a separate meal.

not common amongst somalis. but very common amongst habeshas, vegans no.1 cuisine is ethiopian food. their stuff has become gentrified now, i remember walking in some rich posh cadaans market and seeing some dude advertise teff grain (flour used to make injera, indeginous to habeshas) and sell it for crazy amount. i was looking at his colonizer self wiith my habesha adjacent lens in disgust
They love Ethiopian food. It’s so “exotic” kulaha. Loool mac soonkor

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
It's shocking how bad people eat I've cut off sugar for a week and it's crazy how unhealthy everyday food is!

I wouldn't blame them. It can be costly to eat 'healthy' as they say. And in cases where people are hungry they intuitively go for the most calorically dense food (irrespective of its nutient density). Anyway, kudos to you for making an attempt at health behavioural change.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Djokovic

Somali Arab
Hey guys, I’m new here so I’m still navigating the website.

How common is vegetarianism/vegan life style among our people?

I’ve been a vegetarian for about 5 years now and leading into becoming fully plant based ( I hate the word Vegan, it just carries so much controversy). My reasons for not consuming is not bc of “saving the animals” as most people would assume of me, but simply bc I hate meat- I honestly just look at it as a dead carcass on my plate. I am absolutely repulsed by it. As for dairy, please look into the Dairy Industry
Now that I’m getting older (23) I often find myself thinking about dating and if I’d be okay with him eating meat and what that would mean for our potential kids. Obviously I want to marry within my culture but I feel like Somali men just love their meat
Any input would be great
Milk and meat are blessings from Allah why would I stop eating it because people are repulsed by it

I’ve been a vegetarian for about 5 years now and leading into becoming fully plant based ( I hate the word Vegan, it just carries so much controversy). My reasons for not consuming is not bc of “saving the animals” as most people would assume of me, but simply bc I hate meat- I honestly just look at it as a dead carcass on my plate. I am absolutely repulsed by it. As for dairy, please look into the Dairy Industry
Now that I’m getting older (23) I often find myself thinking about dating and if I’d be okay with him eating meat and what that would mean for our potential kids. Obviously I want to marry within my culture but I feel like Somali men just love their meat
Any input would be great
I'm a carnivore I eat herbivores, I might eat you.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP

Any input would be great

Good for u. "Plant based food" is not a disastrous thing, but you are missing out on essential proteins. Do u eat Fish? Tuna? I can't imagine life with Tuna sand wich, i will be a constant angry qaxbaah.

Also i am very glad u know meat is important to Somali men. Or ALL men tbh. Masculinity and meat go together, hand in hand. Its like their testosterone depends on it. Men love their steaks. So if u r not going to puke as he munches on a steak with the zeal of a carnivorous, u r good.

I personally am not a fan of hilib/meat. I like either chicken or Fish tuna. I am low maintenance. :)

Trending