How come Somalis who converted to Christianity don't go public like Somali atheists/agnostics?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are thousands in the Somali diaspora who have converted to Christianity. We even had an AMA with an ordained minister who said he knew hundreds of Christian Somalis who he baptized, wed and spoke to during Sunday mornings in a hidden location that he refused to share.

My question is why don't they come out? They are supposed to have a much easier time than Somali atheists and agnostics in the Somali community. There are even Somalis who are openly Buddhist and Shias and Hindus.

Codeine

I got me some braids and I got me some hoes
just let them worry bout them, I'm sure they have their reasons

VixR

Veritas
Do you mean on the forum, bc the ratio of out and prominent Somali Atheists to Somali Christians is literally 1:1, both of them women.

VixR

Veritas
Those were trolls.
If we're talking about prominent figures, its at a tie.

This is a forum. I think as Somalis, a lot of ppl tend to understandably tiptoe around or conceal their disbelief or change in belief IRL, be they Atheist or Christian, for obvious reasons.

If we're talking about prominent figures, its at a tie.

This is a forum. I think as Somalis, a lot of ppl tend to understandably tiptoe around or conceal their disbelief or change in belief IRL, be they Atheist or Christian, for obvious reasons.

Ayan Hersi Ali is Jewish now while that woman from Sweden flip flops from atheism to Christianity. Trolls.

What do you get out of lying :russ:

There is a Buddhist Somali guy online and I know of a Somali Hindu in real life. What are you blabbing about?

fox

31/12/16 - 04/04/20
VIP
Ayan Hersi Ali is Jewish now while that woman from Sweden flip flops from atheism to Christianity. Trolls.

There is a Buddhist Somali guy online and I know of a Somali Hindu in real life. What are you blabbing about?
i'll let buddhism slide, but Hinduism? How do you go from islam to hinduism? did pussy get to him? Thats the only reason that makes sense.

I think it's because they are seen as worse sellouts than atheist Somalis. While the latter are perceived to be going through a phase, the Christians are never coming back.

Apollo

VIP
Atheists are more boastful because their arguments are stronger. Christianity is just another silly variant of the same thing.

We don't even say what Qabiil we are in Public.

:drakewtf:

Of course you don't so you don't seem like a qabiilist.

I always asked my mom what people's clans were.

"hoyoo that lady you salaam'd at the post office last summer with her son, remember? The one who drives the red car. What's her qabiil and the qabiil of her husband".

*Waits until friend leaves my house after doing homework with me* "Hoyoo, what's his qabiil?"

"Qabiil ya ku baraay. Ma ku sheegayo".

"Just ee sheeg please"

:drakelaugh:

Apollo

VIP
Of course you don't so you don't seem like a qabiilist.

I always asked my mom what people's clans were.

"hoyoo that lady you salaam'd at the post office last summer with her son, remember? The one who drives the red car. What's her qabiil and the qabiil of her husband".

*Waits until friend leaves my house after doing homework with me* "Hoyoo, what's his qabiil?"

"Qabiil ya ku baraay. Ma ku sheegayo".

"Just ee sheeg please"

:drakelaugh:

I use ''what part of Somalia are they from?'' as a proxy [Sland, Pland, Djibouti, Mogadishu, Kismayo, K5, NFD etc). The politically correct way to ask for qabiil. :mybusiness:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts