How can Ogaden aka Somali galbeed be freed from Ethiopia?

I’m surprised to see an Ogaden admit they’re under Ethiopian occupation and speak about liberation. It’s a rare thing to see nowadays wallahi.
Are you serious?:ummhmm:

Most DDS Somalis (regardless of clan) will tell you how we exactly feel about Ethiopia, and we don't sugar coat either, about the occupation of our land. As much as it's a hard pill to swallow.

"Speak about liberation"? :lawd:

Unless you must've missed, we've fought against Ethiopia (and Abyssinia before it), since forever. And this has never been hidden. Up until 2018 we had ONLF. Before them, we have other armed struggles, stretching back hundreds of years. Including civilians standing up against ETH regimes.:wtfdis:

bidenkulaha

GalYare
Are you serious?:ummhmm:

Most DDS Somalis (regardless of clan) will tell you how we exactly feel about Ethiopia, and we don't sugar coat either, about the occupation of our land. As much as it's a hard pill to swallow.

"Speak about liberation"? :lawd:

Unless you must've missed, we've fought against Ethiopia (and Abyssinia before it), since forever. And this has never been hidden. Up until 2018 we had ONLF. Before them, we have other armed struggles, stretching back hundreds of years. Including civilians standing up against ETH regimes.:wtfdis:
There’s not much hope of any ‘armed struggle’. This is defo the most pacified OG have been. Which is why ethnic federalism was the right thing for Ethiopia. I don’t buy this ‘it’ll crumble’ thing unfortunately. Eventually the federal government will slowly take away the ethnic federalism but the formerly rebellious regions will not have any power to stop it because once you put down your weapons and people integrate (like all the amhara and Oromo moving to DDS, the churches being opened) there’ll be less appetite for war.

There’s not much hope of any ‘armed struggle’. This is defo the most pacified OG have been. Which is why ethnic federalism was the right thing for Ethiopia. I don’t buy this ‘it’ll crumble’ thing unfortunately. Eventually the federal government will slowly take away the ethnic federalism but the formerly rebellious regions will not have any power to stop it because once you put down your weapons and people integrate (like all the amhara and Oromo moving to DDS, the churches being opened) there’ll be less appetite for war.

The armed struggle is dead from our side. However, even if all ethnic groups joins in and lay down too, it won't really change much tbh. As far as Ethiopia crumbling, anyone with deep knowledge of the Ethiopian establishment, knows that reaching this stage is practically hard, despite countless internal turmoils.

Having people move around will not change ethnic federalism. Most Ethiopians are pro-ethnic federalism, as people tend to disregard often times. Somalis, Oromos, Tigrayans, Afars, Hararis, Sidamas, Gambellas, etc. Even Amharas embracing it more. Also, removing it will require constitutional amendments, and will turn the entire country against the gov't. As long as ETH democratize or at least those with similar vision takes power, it's somewhat of a win for us.

Even if Amharas/Oromos live and settle somewhere for a longer period, my point still stands. Today DSS still have an overwhelming majority of Somalis, more than 95% if I remember it correctly. As long as we remain majority, other ethic groups have no choice to to obey the orders. So no need for war.

FYI, certain parts of Amhara state has complete ban on mosques. We should follow order and implement restrictions too. And find loopholes in the laws and practices, other regional states do today.

Sorry to disappoint some, but we should give up on armed struggle (at least until further notice). We've seen what happened in Tigray and currently in Oromia. The current regime are far more ruthless than any other we've seen before. Despite our sacrifice for the last decades, our "negotiating stance" stands the same as before, without having gained anything. (No disrespect to our martyrs). So we must strategize, forward.

As much as we have disdain for certain other ethnic groups, we should capitalize on the current anti-Ethiopia "momentum", by achieving as much of our agenda as possible. TPLF was horrible to us, but the single greatest thing they did was create ethnic federalism and the article in the constitution that gives each nation/nationality in Ethiopia the right of self-determination. Even if they won't agree with us on this request, we should do whatever it takes to preserve this article, that may be in use in the future.

As someone else also said, as long as we have (ethnic) federalism, Ethiopia will never be very powerful. We should work with other Ethiopians like Tigrayans and Oromos (who we share similar vision) to de-centralize as much as possible. First give let us practice our current constitutional given rights of autonomy & fully democratize, and over time work more towards a confederation, (as secession don't seems viable in the current future). Where each "nation" in ETH govern themselves, and only share defence, foreign policy etc. and keep taxation to the central gov't as little as possible, by keeping its duties small too. De-centralized/weak ETH will also be less of threat to Somalia.

From there, we can integrate with other Somalis, from Djibouti in the north to Kenya all they way in the south. Even though, we may belong to different sovereign countries (for now). We shouldn't have any border between us Somalis, and every Somali should be able to move as free as possible.

FYI, to those who think Oromo are anti-Ethiopia, may be misled. While many of them feel/are oppressed and therefore express anti-Ethiopia viewpoints, most have a dream of being the new ethnic group, controlling Ethiopia. As they are the largest ethnic group today. Many of them are "Amharized" or "Ethiopianized" to be specific and have an Ethiopian identity, even muslims. So be wary of those who share these views, even if they don't vocalize it. Listen to popular Oromo politician like Jawar Mohamed, and it will be very evident.
The thing is, every single major ethnic group is perfectly fine with being Ethiopian and staying with Ethiopia. We're the only people who truly want out. Like you pointed out, even the Oromos don't want out as long as they get a good slice of power.

I’m surprised to see an Ogaden admit they’re under Ethiopian occupation and speak about liberation. It’s a rare thing to see nowadays wallahi.
u talking shit for no reason asshole! While it is Somalis who are being occupied, only OG tried to do something about it, albeit failing eventually. This is not a clan thread, if you want to go make one and tag me.

I agree with this. If Ethiopia was ever going to break apart, it would've fallen apart in the early 90s when Eritreans broke off and we tried to do the same thing, and then again during the Tigray war. The reason why Ethopia will never fully disintegrate is because they are being kept together by the west. That's it. It's a christian country and in the eyes of the west surrounded by Muslim "terrorists". If Ethiopia went to war with Egypt or Sudan, best believe UK and US would fully support them.

bidenkulaha

GalYare
I agree with this. If Ethiopia was ever going to break apart, it would've fallen apart in the early 90s when Eritreans broke off and we tried to do the same thing, and then again during the Tigray war. The reason why Ethopia will never fully disintegrate is because they are being kept together by the west. That's it. It's a christian country and in the eyes of the west surrounded by Muslim "terrorists". If Ethiopia went to war with Egypt or Sudan, best believe UK and US would fully support them.
Two months ago Abiy Ahmed was a brutal ethnic cleanser in the West and ‘must stop Tigray war’. And then last week he’s getting state visits from Europe and meeting US foreign minister etc. there’s no chance the West will let it crumble, they’ll always come in to save it in time.

Inshallah DDS stays 95%+ Somali and the population boom benefits Somalis there as the amharas and Tigray have low birth rates.

Two months ago Abiy Ahmed was a brutal ethnic cleanser in the West and ‘must stop Tigray war’. And then last week he’s getting state visits from Europe and meeting US foreign minister etc. there’s no chance the West will let it crumble, they’ll always come in to save it in time.

Inshallah DDS stays 95%+ Somali and the population boom benefits Somalis there as the amharas and Tigray have low birth rates.
exactly, we had one tiny civil war once in the 90s and they put arms embargo on us. Meanwhile Ethiopa has gone through a genocide after a genocide from all kinds of civil wars, yet they are saved every time.

To address your second point, while the ONLF was fighting, despite not achieving independence, they did achieve something else. Keeping the region 99% Ethnic Somali, keeping the culture and language in the region. All that is likely to change since the amharas and oromos now feel it's safe enough for them to migrate to. By our grand children's life time, I would be very shocked if the somalis were not a minority in the region, with most probably living just over the border with somalia.

bidenkulaha

GalYare
exactly, we had one tiny civil war once in the 90s and they put arms embargo on us. Meanwhile Ethiopa has gone through a genocide after a genocide from all kinds of civil wars, yet they are saved every time.

To address your second point, while the ONLF was fighting, despite not achieving independence, they did achieve something else. Keeping the region 99% Ethnic Somali, keeping the culture and language in the region. All that is likely to change since the amharas and oromos now feel it's safe enough for them to migrate to. By our grand children's life time, I would be very shocked if the somalis were not a minority in the region, with most probably living just over the border with somalia.
I fear you might be right. It’s already happened to historical Somali cities with Harar and Diridhaba

I fear you might be right. It’s already happened to historical Somali cities with Harar and Diridhaba
it's happening in just outside of jigjiga now with the oromos and jarso. the ciise are losing lots of land. many hawiye karanle have already been oromized in babile border.

Someone should do a colored map of the Somali territories lost in the last 30 years. Would be a rude awakening for many.

u talking shit for no reason asshole! While it is Somalis who are being occupied, only OG tried to do something about it, albeit failing eventually. This is not a clan thread, if you want to go make one and tag me.
I’m not trying to talk shit. I swear I always see other Somalis talking about liberating Somali Galbeed more than I see ogadens. To be fair to you folks though, I’m talking about online.

I’m not trying to talk shit. I swear I always see other Somalis talking about liberating Somali Galbeed more than I see ogadens. To be fair to you folks though, I’m talking about online.
talk is cheap! OG is the only clan who created 5 different jabhads from 1949 until 2018. That's 75 years of OG doing the fighting. I am not even counting Sayid Mohamed days.
You should the read the history of the region instead of absorbing what people gotta say online.

I dont think it will ever happen, People are not United, you will have Backstabbers and people who will snitch to the Ethiopian Gov.

Diaspora ambassador

''Dagaalka gala'' Garaad Jaamac Garaad Cali
VIP
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

We will rule over our lands and let them stay in their anarchy. Just like how they did us dirty.

We only need a modern army to keep these people at bay.

Stop with inferior thinking walaal.

Our ancestors kept more at bay (population differences) with less weapons and less somalis.

We can pull it off we are just es whom like to be colonized instead of doing the colonising.

Every state ought to rename their darawiish forces in my opinion bunch of spineless es smh

johnsepei5

Head of Somalia freemasonry branch
The armed struggle is dead from our side. However, even if all ethnic groups joins in and lay down too, it won't really change much tbh. As far as Ethiopia crumbling, anyone with deep knowledge of the Ethiopian establishment, knows that reaching this stage is practically hard, despite countless internal turmoils.

Having people move around will not change ethnic federalism. Most Ethiopians are pro-ethnic federalism, as people tend to disregard often times. Somalis, Oromos, Tigrayans, Afars, Hararis, Sidamas, Gambellas, etc. Even Amharas embracing it more. Also, removing it will require constitutional amendments, and will turn the entire country against the gov't. As long as ETH democratize or at least those with similar vision takes power, it's somewhat of a win for us.

Even if Amharas/Oromos live and settle somewhere for a longer period, my point still stands. Today DSS still have an overwhelming majority of Somalis, more than 95% if I remember it correctly. As long as we remain majority, other ethic groups have no choice to to obey the orders. So no need for war.

FYI, certain parts of Amhara state has complete ban on mosques. We should follow order and implement restrictions too. And find loopholes in the laws and practices, other regional states do today.
I agree there should be no churches in dds oromos should be treated the same way they treat Somalis in Oromia

Two siblings punching each other are really discussing how they can go buy milk. Only a suggestion but how about you stop punching each other as a start.

Trending