How big is the Somali community in South Africa

so somalis should stop going to South Africa if they know is unsafe how much of an idiot can you be to continue to risk your life knowing the consequences.
Why would they exclude themselves from working in a country where they’ll earn 15x more than they normally would back home?

It’s high risk high reward but it’s more unsafe in Somalia for different reasons.
Fortunately the Somali shopkeepers in SA usually have guns by their side to protect themselves from the bush meat connoisseurs .

Last edited:
There was actually a Somali settlement from Northern Somalia that arrived in SA around 100 years ago during the British Empire, but they married the local women and assimilated into SA. Anyways Somalis are very greedy they have their shops among the Blacks, the Indian and Whites have their shops in downtown with police protection and they live in other neighborhoods far away.

El Nino

Cabsi cabsi
VIP
Don't they have the highest HIV rates in the world? One night of malab for a lifetime (10 years) as a Freddy Mercury impersonator.

They seem to have greater genetic predisposition of catching it compared to other ethnicities.

One thing needs to cleared though, africans iniatially caught aids/hiv from eating infected monkeys who are the original carriers of the disease. After this it spread primarily in non-muslim african ethnic groups due to more liberal sexual attitudes. Hiv/aids in africa is due to sex between the different genders and unsafe equipment i.e needles used multiple times.

Same cannot be said about western countries :silanyolaugh:

They seem to have greater genetic predisposition of catching it compared to other ethnicities.

One thing needs to cleared though, africans iniatially caught aids/hiv from eating infected monkeys who are the original carriers of the disease. After this it spread primarily in non-muslim african ethnic groups due to more liberal sexual attitudes. Hiv/aids in africa is due to sex between the different genders and unsafe equipment i.e needles used multiple times.

Same cannot be said about western countries :silanyolaugh:
They have their women dry out their you-know-what because they think it’s more pleasurable even though it makes them bleed.

convincation

Soomaali waa Hawiyah Iyo Hashiyah
VIP
In South Africa there is certain clans who are descendants of khoisan and Bantu not the zulu though they are pure Bantu almost. Khoisan is two group one called khoi and other San and almost all coloured peopled are descendants of these two group mixed with white.
Both Xhosa and Tswanas are generally associated with Khoisan people or what they call “Khoi Khoi”. More so Tswana, many of them are fully Khoi khoi

AbdiFreedom

Staff Member
Somalis in South Africa have Stockholm Syndrome. I know a guy from there who immigrated here and told me he's leaving once he gets his passport to go back to South Africa. Why not just go to some other African country? Why go where you're regularly butchered?

Nin123

Patriarchy is from Allah
VIP
Both Xhosa and Tswanas are generally associated with Khoisan people or what they call “Khoi Khoi”. More so Tswana, many of them are fully Khoi khoi
The origin of xhosa is mix between bantu and Khoisan. Xhosa language have similar clicks sound exactly or similar to Khoisan language

Why would they exclude themselves from working in a country where they’ll earn 15x more than they normally would back home?

It’s high risk high reward but it’s more unsafe in Somalia for different reasons.
Fortunately the Somali shopkeepers in SA usually have guns by their side to protect themselves from the bush meat connoisseurs .
I would rather be poor back home in Somalia than be burnt alive by zulus which frequently happens to somali business owners its not an isolated incident is a continous pattern, how often do we he hear of a somalinman being lit in South Africa? why not do businesses in other African countries like Zambia I heard the somalis there are much safer and open up businesses.

I would rather be poor back home in Somalia than be burnt alive by zulus which frequently happens to somali business owners its not an isolated incident is a continous pattern, how often do we he hear of a somalinman being lit in South Africa? why not do businesses in other African countries like Zambia I heard the somalis there are much safer and open up businesses.
look at the GPD per capita for Zambia and then do the same for SA. You’ve got your answer right there.