How are the Marriage Apps?

Salam ladies,

Longitme lurker here. So…. I’ve been off muzmatch and salams for ~1.5 years now. Just focusing on improving myself, my career, and personal goals. I am tempted to go back on after Ramadan as I am actively looking to get married. What has your experiences been like on the apps recently? I’m only open to Somali men so I know that narrows my choices but honestly I’ve tried being open and talking to men from other ethnicities and the chemistry, playfulness and humour was not there AT ALL. So I’ll stick to my farax’s. How has your experience been?

Salam ladies,

Longitme lurker here. So…. I’ve been off muzmatch and salams for ~1.5 years now. Just focusing on improving myself, my career, and personal goals. I am tempted to go back on after Ramadan as I am actively looking to get married. What has your experiences been like on the apps recently? I’m only open to Somali men so I know that narrows my choices but honestly I’ve tried being open and talking to men from other ethnicities and the chemistry, playfulness and humour was not there AT ALL. So I’ll stick to my farax’s. How has your experience been?
Never used it tbh since I’m not looking to get married atm but my close friend’s sister got married to a Somali guy via Muzmatch. It’s definitely possible.

Good luck!

May Allah grant you a good husband that is the coolness of your eyes ameeen ❤️

Salam ladies,

Whats your age and height?

Never used it tbh since I’m not looking to get married atm but my close friend’s sister got married to a Somali guy via Muzmatch. It’s definitely possible.

Good luck!

May Allah grant you a good husband that is the coolness of your eyes ameeen ❤️
Ameen jazakallah khair 🤍

mashallah i love hearing success stories like this.

Lostbox

「Immortal Sage」| Qabil-fluid
VIP
The last time used Muzmatch. I got match up with many Asian women. I thought they were bots at first then I sent messages back and forth with a few. It was 60% Asian Muslims and then the rest. Also, don't take my experience to seriously. This was me making a quick profile and a few random photos of me. Used the app for a day or 2

I heard about success stories from the app but 99% of Somali couple I know met organically.

In my area guys and girls will exchange contact details free. Like if a friend of a friend it interested in knowing me. They send them my contact details and it up to us to set everything up. I always thought it was common in are community

Last edited:
The last time used Muzmatch. I got match up with many Asian women. I thought they were bots at first then I sent messages back and forth with a few. It was 60% Asian Muslims and then the rest. Also, don't take my experience to seriously. This was me making a quick profile and a few random photos of me. Used the app for a day or 2

I heard about success stories from the app but 99% of Somali couple I know met organically.

In my area guys and girls will exchange contact details free. Like if a friend of a friend it interested in knowing me. They send them my contact details and it up to us to set everything up. I always thought it was common in are community
Ahhh i remember having to filter to certain ethnicities because i was being bombarded with Desis. 😭

I think meeting organically is the dream but when you live in a small town with around 200 Somalis and 80% of the men are out of your age range 24-29 then it’s hard. Might have to travel some more and see what’s out there.

Salam ladies,

Most guys are not serious or are married. I believe in meeting the right man irl

Used Muzmatch cause it was free/ a muslim app. Not many Somalis are on muzmatch I found. If you filter to uk or other places you get more Somali men. I found a lot of them weren’t serious and wanted small talk that was it. I’ve used bumble before, but It’s 90% white dudes and very few muslim guys. A lot of them are super liberal on bumble in terms of their lifestyle. I don’t dunk on online dating anymore cause if you don’t live in a highly populated Somali area you have limited options.

Trending