How are Somalis and Afars related?

No need to test their dna, the gadafur saho kmow their lineage which goes back to gadbuursi dir, all historians agree they are originally Somalis, even their own elders identify as Somali by lineage..obviously Saho are their own ethnic group, I'm speaking of the gadafur saho only..they are somalis that migrated North into Eritrea after the fall of thr Adal sultanate

No need to test their dna, the gadafur saho kmow their lineage which goes back to gadbuursi dir, all historians agree they are originally Somalis, even their own elders identify as Somali by lineage..obviously Saho are their own ethnic group, I'm speaking of the gadafur saho only..they are somalis that migrated North into Eritrea after the fall of thr Adal sultanate

I don't know much about Saho clans or whatever, but I highly doubt there are group of Sahos who are closer to Somalis. They are pretty homogenous, and small in population

Also Adal was multi-ethnic, and not Somali exclusive. many Ethiosemitic speakers and regions were part of it.

Last edited:
Test their DNA and if it shows Ethiopian /Eritrean then they're not.
This was posted by another user on here

The last one is counted among the Saho holy families who act as religious leaders and mediators of the Minifere tribes and who are highly privileged and respected. It is said that the Gadafur are of Somali origin from the tribe of Gadabursi
Source:
The Saho of Eritrea: Ethnic Identity and National Consciousness
By Abdulkader Saleh Mohammad

This is an Eritrean historian saying gadafu saho are ethnic Somalis from the gadabuursi/samaroon clan..on top of this there are YouTube videos of gadafu saho men speaking some form of Arabic and they keep saying their are Samaron from the Zeila region

I ain't claiming saho ethnic group as I clearly said, but Gadafur sub clan of Saho are definitely Somali, their own elders mention this, and historians from Eritrea write the same

☥ U_S. Michael Harrell [iTUT®] ☥ (1).jpg

Yeah we have some similarities with each other

Trending