How accurate is this political map from April 2017?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any major inaccuracies that stand out to you in this map? Mostly interested in Puntland and Koonfur especially since my knowledge on these areas is more limited. Somaliland looks ok for the most part in my opinion except some villages are in the wrong gobols. Ex: Dilla is in Awdal, not Gabiley region.

2000px-Somalia_map_states_regions_districts.svg.png
South looks accurate but maakhir regionis completely in the hands of puntland I'm 120% sure that towns such as las qoray, yube and hadaaftimo are completely under puntland control, I'm not familiar with sool.

Hoosjeed

Guusha ya leh?
Since when did Somaliland control Laas qorey, Yube, hadaaftimo, El buh , Hingalol :dead:

Reer Badhan are politically allied to PL that much I knew but I thought Warsangeli clan militia controlled the area. Interesting, you say its under PL control then?

Hoosjeed

Guusha ya leh?
Lol most of sanaag is controlled by puntland. Somaliland only has a presence up to erigavo. And some tuulos have both Puntland and Somaliland police stations and troops living along side each other. But only Somali and Puntland flags are allowed to be erected. Both forces are families from the same tribe so they would never attack each other. Lol they chew with each other every night wearing different uniforms. Its a joke

I don't think this is true due to demographics.

Sanaag if I'm not mistaken is 3 districts, 2 of which are majority Isaaq.

Erigavo District (Isaaq - Habar Yoonis)

El Afweyn District (Isaaq -Habar Yoonis/Habar Jeclo)

Badhan District (Harti, Warsengeli)

@Duke of Bohol can correct me if I'm wrong on this.

Dhay Geel

"Aar kow Dheh"

Erigavo District (Isaaq - Habar Yoonis majority)

El Afweyn District (Isaaq -Habar Jeclo majority)

@Dhay Geel can correct me if I'm wrong on this.
Fixed

Reer-Bari

COMMANDER OF THE PUNTLAND DEFENCE TEAM
Lool somebody changed the sanaag Wikipedia in favor of Somaliland. Puntland controls haylan all way to the closest tuulo to erigavo. And even erigavo is split. Puntland soldiers walk freely although Somaliland has more control over erigavo

Reer-Bari

Plus golis which is a puntland company and east africa university which is a puntland university are both in erigavo

Hoosjeed

Guusha ya leh?
Plus golis which is a puntland company and east africa university which is a puntland university are both in erigavo

Erigavo is administered by Somaliland. That much is certain.

Amal Express is a Puntland owned bank and has branches in Hargeisa, so that really isn't an indication of anything to be honest. Somali Businesses aren't not going to operate in a region just because their clan kin don't reside there.

Reer-Bari

Your right erigavo is administered by somaliland. But only erigavo. Nowhere else. And puntland is building the badhan to erigavo road. Lol telesom can never operate in puntland. And hargaisa university can never operate in bosaso buddy. Im just stating facts. I lived round their for almost 2 years.

Screenshot_2017-06-28-21-03-12.png

I think the map may be showing areas which have militia that are paid by SL. For example the map shows Badhan area as loyal to PL so it shows the area as unionist, but it's just Warsangeli clan milita there if i'm not mistaken?

What I'm asking is that are there Dhulos milita in the area which were bought by SL, or are they all neutral or pro Khatumo?
Are you talking about my second qout or first:dwill:

Erigavo District (Isaaq - Habar Yoonis)

El Afweyn District (Isaaq -Habar Yoonis/Habar Jeclo)

@Duke of Bohol can correct me if I'm wrong on this.
Is 4 districts and majority of erigavo is Harti:bell:

I haven't updated them in a while, it was hard to find accurate information. Other people took over editing it years ago

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts