Horn of Africa…..

One thing I’ve realised is that Somali basically conquered the most areas in Horn of Africa despite being lower population than habesha and Oromo.
I’ve heard even 15-17 centuries Somalis touched all the way to Sudan and half of Eritrea.

1280px-Map_of_Ethiopia_circa_1540.png

even after that when we lost some areas
Greater Somalia was still the biggest

Yaraye

VIP
One thing I’ve realised is that Somali basically conquered the most areas in Horn of Africa despite being lower population than habesha and Oromo.
I’ve heard even 15-17 centuries Somalis touched all the way to Sudan and half of Eritrea.

its sad what we have become now :susp::mjkkk:

Somalis did. But they never established a central government that ruled over all the lands they inhabited though. Same for us Oromos.
The Habesha had a more centralized form of governance which has its pros and cons.

Somalis did. But they never established a central government that ruled over all the lands they inhabited though. Same for us Oromos.
The Habesha had a more centralized form of governance which has its pros and cons.
I have heard Somalis did with two empires
Adal and ajuran
However it got split into different tribe ruling different areas
For example zeila and Berber was ruled differently tribe and Mogadishu was ruled another tribe .

Erythrean

🇺🇸 PROUD MURICAN!!! Hamitic Horner Race
Habesha got lucky getting that prime mountains and forests so they could stay more independent with centralized rule and all that. Though that they come to bite them in the ass later.

Erythrean

🇺🇸 PROUD MURICAN!!! Hamitic Horner Race
I have heard Somalis did with two empires
Adal and ajuran
However it got split into different tribe ruling different areas
For example zeila and Berber was ruled differently tribe and Mogadishu was ruled another tribe .
Clans not tribes. Tribes sound so backwards. Clans sound more noble. It’s the same thing but at least we don’t sound like backwards barbarians while we’re killing each other.
02213CD7-888F-403E-B522-C8F31791EE1A.png

Clans not tribes. Tribes sound so backwards. Clans sound more noble. It’s the same thing but at least we don’t sound like backwards barbarians while we’re killing each other.
View attachment 252408
They’re not the same thing. Tribe would mean that we are of a different ethnic group e.g the tribes in Ethiopia. Clans are a people of the same ethnic group broken down into clans e.g Japan. People say tribe because it’s easier to navigate within the English language.

Garaad diinle

 
It didn't happen over night and took many millennia's. The reason for the size of somaliweyne is cause of our life style. You see we are pastoralist living in an aired environment. We're constantly on the move looking for greener pastor. The fact that we're also camel pastoralist also gave us advantage to survive and thrives in these environment. Have you seen the huge land inhabited by mongols, tatars and turkic nomads?

There were a small number of hunter gatherers spread throughout somaliwayn the only trace we have of them is within our dna. They use to exist a long time ago.

Meanwhile the habashis that lived in the highland didn't need to spread like we needed to since they had a regular and plentiful rain fall season. They had a cooler climate and they had arable lands this enabled them to live more densely in a smaller plat of land. These habashi people could never survive the aired climate of somaliweyn. There are many somalis living beyond the bordar of dds that got assimilated by foreigners that invaded in the 16th century.

In my opinion somalis are too wide spread out which I believe was & is the reason there wasn't a centralized type of government back then & now . :cosbyhmm:

Last edited: