Hong-Kongers born before 1997 can claim British citizenship.

Surprisingly, it looks like none of them care.
In fact, they said they were happy to have people who would contribute to the economy perhaps not realizing that it's not in their best interest as there will be fewer opportunities for them to leave the working class and join the middle class.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
The poor will be most upset by these kinds of things. But in this case, I would say the labor market competition will make it harder for middle to upper-middle-class citizens because the Asians often seek jobs in high tech industries and other sectors that require higher education.

That's very true. How do you think this would play out with the middle and uppet middle classes? Do you think they would seethe with animosity just like their working class counterparts? Or do you think that East Asians wouldn't be perceived as a threat given they tend to be culturally socialized for a deference to authority.

@Yahya got me thinking I'm not sure about the UK but in the US, though indoyars are some of the highest paid and educated minorities in white collar professions they make up a small proportion of those in Executive roles. They call this phenomenon the Bamboo ceiling. This might be because there is more to just working hard to succeed (after university) to do so in corporate also requires one to know how to effectively communicate and convey ideas to others in a way they understand, being able to purposefully network and having the right mentors and sponsors. Social skills are vital in career progression and not to stereotype but being assertive, confidently playing up ones strengths and being gregarious aren't impressed upon among indoyars (at least culturally).

Keo

VIP
There's already a lot of Chinese in the UK especially London this will just make it 10x more and London will get more expensive to live in.

Prime Minister

Somali Promotion Agent
You know I kinda agree with them. Very few Africans and east Europeans bring benefit to the country. Most Albanians and madows adopt a life of crime, while Asians come from poor backgrounds too and Excel regardless. Hell I know some Nigerians from Peckham that still managed to do well in life despite their environment.

Other groups gotta copy Asians if they want to succeed. Tho the skin colour alone scares racists. It's very complicated. Although I'd say hapas are more unstable than half madows half English. Elliot Rodgers is prime example of this.
East Europeans are the backbone of low skills jobs in the UK when the Brexit happened there was no one to pick strawberries anymore and they flew in Romanians. If people are less educated it doesn't mean they have no value the problem is more about how they integrate people. For example location is extremely important.

That's very true. How do you think this would play out with the middle and uppet middle classes? Do you think they would seethe with animosity just like their working class counterparts? Or do you think that East Asians wouldn't be perceived as a threat given they tend to be culturally socialized for a deference to authority.
Society can't really complain about them. They are a net benefit to the economy, and especially the middle and upper-class people are usually more PC about these things. People who own companies don't care as long as their workers provide good value.

I think there is another thing I forgot to factor in, namely that those high skilled Asians help the companies grow, which later gives more room for natives to come and work.
@Yahya got me thinking I'm not sure about the UK but in the US, though indoyars are some of the highest paid and educated minorities in white collar professions they make up a small proportion of those in Executive roles. They call this phenomenon the Bamboo ceiling. This might be because there is more to just working hard to succeed (after university) to do so in corporate also requires one to know how to effectively communicate and convey ideas to others in a way they understand, being able to purposefully network and having the right mentors and sponsors. Social skills are vital in career progression and not to stereotype but being assertive, confidently playing up ones strengths and being gregarious aren't impressed upon among indoyars (at least culturally).
It's true, many Asians do things by the book and lack the hustle.

Reborn
This is coming from the same government that is anti-immigration and voted BREXIT.
HK being oppressed by who?
They are enjoying more freedom now than they have ever have been in their history.
It's 3rd on the human freedom index which ranked China 126th...

Invader

👾pʅɹoʍ pǝʇɐʅǝxᴉd ɐ uᴉ ƃuᴉʌᴉʅ👾
This is coming from the same government that is anti-immigration and voted BREXIT.
HK being oppressed by who?
They are enjoying more freedom now than they have ever have been in their history.
It's 3rd on the human freedom index which ranked China 126th...
Are you British sxb. because you're speaking af doqon.

The only reason they supported Brexit is because they didn't want UKIP to take over.

They aren't Anti-Immigration you're mistaking them for the Brexit party.

Reborn
Are you British sxb. because you're speaking af doqon.

The only reason they supported Brexit is because they didn't want UKIP to take over.

They aren't Anti-Immigration you're mistaking them for the Brexit party.

Wasn't Boris Johnson the one who backed Brexit in 2016?
Who is also now adopting Brexit party policies?

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Society can't really complain about them. They are a net benefit to the economy, and especially the middle and upper-class people are usually more PC about these things. People who own companies don't care as long as their workers provide good value.

I think there is another thing I forgot to factor in, namely that those high skilled Asians help the companies grow, which later gives more room for natives to come and work.

It's true, many Asians do things by the book and lack the hustle.

I'm not sure why some are being so alarmist but that makes a lot of sense. It seems advantageous on both sides.

Trending