Homophobia in the Somali community

Status
Not open for further replies.
I literally never said that I was involved or ever will be involved with man but that doesn’t make any less bisexual
Thank you. I don’t need guidance and I’m not confused, alxamdulillah! I know my religion any keep learning about it. But I’m saddened to see that less people tend to follow our prophets footsteps and rather become these arrogant and hateful people. I know homosexuality is a sin in Islam
If you knew Islam you:
1- wouldn't be calling your self a homosexual
2- wouldn't be publicising your sins
It's funny how your accusing people of not following the prophets sunnah when you can't even follow the religion first. And if anyone is arrogant is you.
"I literally never said that I was involved or ever will be involved with man "
Read the following hadith
"The Prophet (ﷺ) said: He who copies any people is one of them."

But drinking and smoking is considered cool and normal in Somali diaspora.. you see the hypocrisy? It’s less about the deen and more their disgusting hate towards people
When have you seen a Somali sheikh or any sheikh normalise drinking. The reason why homosexuality gets called out more than drinking is because you don't see people who drink trying to justify their sins nor do they force people to accept it.

"It was narrated from Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: “Allah, may He be glorified and exalted, will forgive my ummah (followers) for whatever crosses their minds so long as they do not act upon it or speak of it.” [al-Bukhari, Muslim]. "

Certain morality is relative like homosexuality, people in the future will have completely different views and moral code from you and me.

People in 500 years might be debating issues we cant even fathom.

0 - 100 real quick huh ?

aboowe lqbtqia is really taboo in our culture .. hell we dont think about that because it doesnt go with our deen.. our culture at times go with deen

if our parent (or us) dont wanna talk about it. dont force it down our throats. we are told if we have a feeling of this kind of thing .. FAST..

drinking and doing drug for sure is haram .. and like you said you dont act on your sins ... but ... drug and drinking you can stop right away get help from rehab or whatever.. but acting in sexual activity with the same sex.. is a addiction and (in my option) cant be stopped .. because you love this person and deep down in your heart and mind , loving someone isnt wrong.. and that my friend is incurable . wrong type of love is a sickness that cant be tamed

Last edited:

convincation

Soomaali waa Hawiyah Iyo Hashiyah
VIP
I identify as bisexual kulah thats disgusting. I rember when my cousin first told me he was gay. It was on a plane we where coming back from Kenya my brother just got abandoned in a boarding school along the kenya-Tanzania boarder and I was grateful I was coming home. My cousin was next to me on the plane, always knew this guy was sus you can tell from his hand gestures and the fact that he poses like a white girl for airport pics and he’s the only boy in a fully girl group. My brother told me he was probably gay but I thought he was just feminine. We where eating cake and I must of said something about transgenders he looked at me and went biserk with all his “it’s not their fault they’re in the wrong bodies” and “they just want to be themselves” I eventually got angry and said are you transgender or something and this neggar looked me in the eyes and said no I’m gay. Wallahi I spat my cake out I didn’t even think spitting out food when your surprised was a real thing before that day like that cake fully flew out of my mouth without even me knowing at im just staring at him disappointed and also completely frightened that he’s related to me. I eventually asked him to repeat himself after some internal eye contact and he did. He was really gay. Tbh I’m surprised I didn’t notice but I remembered how my brother told me he probably was I then started asking him questions like why and when and how and convert back to straight and pray to Allah for forgiveness but he started getting sad and saying “I knew you were those kinds of people” then he told me he’s heavily depressed about it and his mum told him he isn’t allowed to tell anyone about it because it’s a shame and how he tried to kill himself twice I eventually felt bad cuz this guy’s obviously going through something so I talked to him civily about it and I regret that so much cuz then he started going on about how he had a boyfriend multiple times and how he...I don’t even wanna say it but at that point I stopped listening and started watching my movie again. Eventually he asked if I was ok with it i said no then I started telling him it’s unnatural and an cadaan women next to us gave me a lecture on how I’m a big*ot I hardly see him so it’s calm now but that day still traumatises me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending