Hobyo Port Will Cost $300 Million.

Heritage Institute confirms that this port will serve as an export hub for the Somali oil and gas sector, with a $300 million investment. Hobyo Port will be constructed like modern international ports.

20240401_123254.jpg

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
HG is wealthy is more voodoo Somali economics. They looted govt and MJ private assets in the capital. Secondly they can't build GM cause they know GM ppl are gaajo so they hide in the capital where all langaabs who can't stand on their own hide. The only reason a clan is attached to the capital it's cause they can't stand on their own name.

Dr Osman ma naxe waa naxarista. Hobyo port is smoke and mirrors and will never be built.

Last edited:

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Is that why HSM is getting mad at PL for having talks with ethiopia about the garacad road to somali region?

They want Hobyo region to monopolize on it?

It's not that. Ethio is a 120 million market with a growing economy and garacad alone can't service it all even all Somali ports combined cannot. The reason he is against the 3G trade zone is out of envy because he knows GM lacks the capacity so he wants also PL not to do it either. It's more about why my hawiye regions are weak and cripple and we must make PL cripple also.

Hilmaam

Standin on bihness
VIP
Alot of misinformation. Somalia as a whole is not getting capital investment no one is doing isbaaro on projects. the whole country not getting investment

The hoobyo project is investment between local Somalia business men and great horn investment holding which are Djibouti business people that have a lot of stakes in there ports. This is a pivot from couple years ago where UAE was planning on building port in hoobyo which feel through. Hopefully this deal with Djibouti goes through it’s tough to be FMS with no port income

with regards to market share over 90% of Ethiopia imports go through Djibouti which has world class ports, rail systems and highways. Somalia as whole is struggling to get 10% market share some say it’s closer to 2-5% with a lot of it going to Berbera in second place. Berbera make about 120 million usd annualy in taxes from port. Djibouti gets close to 1 billion. These other ports will be lucky to get 100 million. Ethiopia is a poor Subsaharan African country it’s not China or America. The 1 billion USD they are paying in port fees is hard on their economy and they want to slash that by starting bidding war or getting own port outright. To me it’s dangerous that our economic futures is tied so heavily to this . It’s good to have ports as we need import and exports oursleves but have to thread carefully with investment and ROI without being beholden to Ethiopia

Hilmaam

Standin on bihness
VIP
The last on why FGS is mad about states singing deals with Ethiopia on its own is because per constitution it’s FGS who has this power below is article from 2012 constitution everyone agreed upon.

1713293842947.png

Do I blame puntland and Somali land for doing own thing ? No because FGS is incompetent they are selling everything to Turkey wholesale why should FMS let FGS do that for their land. For example look at recent post I did on fgs budget and compare Xamar airport and port earnings vs somaliland to me it’s seems Turkish are playing Xamar and cleaning them out. They are probably jacking up expenses to ensure little profit sharing for FGS. But at same time FMS should be wary of Ethiopia who see them as their own colony and minion we shouldn’t run to Ethiopia and do Nikko every time their is dispute

Last edited:

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
2050: Hobyo port will be built.
Watching Coming Soon GIF

The UAE is eyeing building a port in Barawe and a dry port in Ceel Barde.

GM will play it's role as the most backward region in the federation, it shall be Somalia Mississippi, while it's locals flee to Mogadishu and join the other langaabs that can't stand on their own name but hide under the Somali name.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
2050: Hobyo port will be built.
Watching Coming Soon GIF

The UAE is eyeing building a port in Barawe and a dry port in Ceel Barde.

These failed clans in the capital is crying for centralism so Somalis don't see their langaab compared to PL. They hate federalism cause they have to stand on their own and don't want ppl to see them on their own as they know their a failed clan hiding under somalinimo.

Tiyeglow

A Laandheere always pays his debts
It's more about why my hawiye regions are weak and cripple and we must make PL cripple also.
HAG in a nutshell. Like a petulant child who throws tantrums about others but always finds shortcuts and cheating to get anything. Such cancer. Federalism/confederalism is the way to prevent HAG from metastasising into Somali central politics.

HAG politics is all about what you have I want to take, what I have I want to hoard. Its an illness, HAG politics isn't cureable. HSM is Caydiid with the pen instead of the bullet, its Moryaan under international law rather than anarchy, that's whats mitigating their moryaanism.

With the port, I am actually a bit disappointed that Hobyo wasn't chosen as our second port instead of Garacad, given our historical ties there (one of my main political beliefs is #MakeHobyoGreatAgain - in terms of our slave & master relations with those subjects and reviving our previous two main bodies of governance but moving from the Sultanates to my personal preference of Puntland + Raas Casyr State on the coast covering from Bargaal to Eyl) and inversely I'm pleased that HG have it in them to choose Hobyo, the place of their enslavement and manumission, as their location for a port.

Libaax-Joore

Beesha haplogroup e-by8081
VIP
HAG in a nutshell. Like a petulant child who throws tantrums about others but always finds shortcuts and cheating to get anything. Such cancer. Federalism/confederalism is the way to prevent HAG from metastasising into Somali central politics.

HAG politics is all about what you have I want to take, what I have I want to hoard. Its an illness, HAG politics isn't cureable. HSM is Caydiid with the pen instead of the bullet, its Moryaan under international law rather than anarchy, that's whats mitigating their moryaanism.

With the port, I am actually a bit disappointed that Hobyo wasn't chosen as our second port instead of Garacad, given our historical ties there (one of my main political beliefs is #MakeHobyoGreatAgain - in terms of our slave & master relations with those subjects and reviving our previous two main bodies of governance but moving from the Sultanates to my personal preference of Puntland + Raas Casyr State on the coast covering from Bargaal to Eyl) and inversely I'm pleased that HG have it in them to choose Hobyo, the place of their enslavement and manumission, as their location for a port.

johnsepei5

Head of Somalia freemasonry branch
It's not that. Ethio is a 120 million market with a growing economy and garacad alone can't service it all even all Somali ports combined cannot. The reason he is against the 3G trade zone is out of envy because he knows GM lacks the capacity so he wants also PL not to do it either. It's more about why my hawiye regions are weak and cripple and we must make PL cripple also.
Was djibouti not able to do it?

438094809_936629375137641_8295253259858519255_n.jpg

2.png
3.png

Updates on Hobyo port. A lot of angry reer Galmudug in the comments, wondering why the port has been postponed for so many years. Meesha maxaa ka socda

Galmudug administration signed this project off few months ago and the $300 million has will be released once a company to build the port is chosen. Hopefully Cadale port will be next leading to a Cadale - Ferfer - Gode trade link whilst giving Hirshabelle state a port.

Here is the English translation of the statement the investment project company put out two days ago.

"In the name of Allah.

As you all know, the development and investment project at Hobyo port is nearing its final and successful stages. Therefore, to ensure the implementation of this project and to achieve its intended goals, investors are hereby informed that the deadline for the completion of the first phase of this extensive investment project has been reached.

May 15, 2024, is the final day for the completion of the first phase of the investment in this project. On the same day, the first meeting of the company's Board of Directors will also be held, God willing."

Last edited: