History of the Sharero somali musical instrument

Som

VIP
Can anyone tell me something more about the history of the shareero?
Here is a picture
20882355_1438569876211219_774370433044924444_n.jpg

As you can see it's very similar to the Ethiopian Krar guitar , but I have noticed that most of the youtube results about shareero show Somali bantus playing the instrument. It seems that it isn't used by ethnic Somalis and this is strange since it's so similar to the Ethiopian krar.

Here is a picture

As you can see it's very similar to the Ethiopian Krar guitar , but I have noticed that most of the youtube results about shareero show Somali bantus playing the instrument. It seems that it isn't used by ethnic Somalis and this is strange since it's so similar to the Ethiopian krar.

hhhhhhhhhh

land owner

Welcome to the yaab zone
VIP
Here is a picture

I believe some Somalis in hiiraan and shabelle use it if I’m not mistaken

Timo Jareer and proud

2nd Emir of the Akh Right Movement
Here is a picture

Wow never knew that was Somali. Always figured the Bantu in the south borrowed it from the Ethiopians. I guees it was replaced by kabaan. :eek:

Timo Jareer and proud

2nd Emir of the Akh Right Movement
African-Elites-in-India-01.jpg

Found this when I searched up Shareero on Google. Could this be a Somali Shareero player? This was a painting of a "African" in India. :jaynerd:

Som

VIP
African-Elites-in-India-01.jpg

Found this when I searched up Shareero on Google. Could this be a Somali Shareero player? This was a painting of a "African" in India. :jaynerd:

Maybe ,Malik Ambar an Oromo ethiopian corner slave became an important politician in 16th and 17th century India.
Thern was an Ethiopian presence there so the painting is probably depicting an Ethiopian krar

Som

VIP
I believe some Somalis in hiiraan and shabelle use it if I’m not mistaken

My hypothesis is that the instrument was created in either Somalia or Ethiopia and then bantus adopted it while ethnic Somalis switched to the kaban because of Arab influence

Trending