Historical Dramas

You know I really want to see a historical drama about Somalia’s past kingdoms.

It would probably be interesting. I kind of want to know how they lived life.And it would be interesting to see a movie with a bunch of Somalis and not to be badly characterized.

Plus, ancient Somali weapons be looking nice.

22A38D51-F7F5-4A1A-A097-C481C7F6F2AA.jpeg

I wonder how should the plot start out like?

I’ve always wanted that— it could be set in the Middle Ages because all the most interesting events occurred back then. Like Ahmed Gurey conquering Abyssinia, the clashes between Muslim and Christian kingdoms, all the political intrigue...

But it’d also be depressing to compare then with now.

AIOPZ

Pan-Islamist

It would probably be interesting. I kind of want to know how they lived life.And it would be interesting to see a movie with a bunch of Somalis and not to be badly characterized.

View attachment 73850

I've always fantasized about a drama starring the medieval explorer Ibn Battuta travelling around the Muslim world. One of his destinations was Mogadishu and he had a lot of nice things to say about us (educated, pious, clean, generous people). Does anyone have an idea as to how medieval (urban) Somalia looked like? I've always managed it looked a little like this:

Ksar-Ouled-Soltane.jpg

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP

View attachment 73850

The plot should be-- a landheers tribe with village style army matching to a neighbor village for revenge. Their daughter, had eloped with her langhaab lover. They got married without the permission of her parents or her tribe. The othe langhaab army also ready to fight in the name of supporting their son.

lots of blood shed and action.

The village chiefs come to a compromise and peace is established.

and in the last straw twist, during peace negotiations & intermingling- the wife of the langhab chief falls in love with the chief of landheer.

Another war starts, this time more blood shed.

Trending

Latest posts